1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

3-0 game 4.... why so scared??

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by napalm06, Apr 23, 2019.

1. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I want to vent about the refs. And laugh about the fact that I've never seen a team and arena that excited to avoid a sweep. However, here's the bulk of the story.

upload_2019-4-22_23-18-39.png

Credit to the Jazz coaching staff for making the right adjustments. Harden got his 30 but nobody else could make a shot, and everyone looked scared.

How are you going to look scared during a sweep game? Have some killer instinct, cupcakes. That game was excruciating to watch, end to end. The 9:30 CT start times don't help.

We fans wanted the sweep a LOT more than the Rockets did, clearly. So much dumb decision making. We turned Crowder into Michael Jordan and Rubio into Pete Maravich, while turning Harden into Kevin Martin and House into Luther Head.

2. xaos

xaos Member

Agreed. Only one player came to step in their throats today.

Lawlruschang likes this.
  3. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

Jazz home court fans clearly shook our players. Wish we had a homecourt crowd like that. They were louder than Oracle tonight.

durvasa likes this.
  4. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

That Utah Jazz crowd is intimidating. Rudy Gobert protecting the rim is also intimidating.

waytookrzy079 likes this.
  5. Reeko

Reeko Member

Scared and calling the team a bunch of cupcakes because they didn’t end up sweeping? Y’all get real overemotional after L’s.

6. napalm06

Be that as it may, this moment wasn't that big. It's a first round, you just dominated these guys. You know it's possible. Have some pride.

7. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Chris Paul was fighting to the end. It actually worried me a bit -- didn't want him to over-exert himself for nothing and pull something.

8. napalm06

I rarely start threads after a loss (rarely start threads period, over the last 10 years) but your opinion is really valuable, thanks! If you want to talk about the game, let us know.

mario_v likes this.
  9. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Hes extremely good.

I just hope sooner or later all the fouls he commits when lunging at Harden on the lob gets called.

waytookrzy079 and napalm06 like this.
  10. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Becoz sweep is the best answer for Utah fans.

11. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

And Royce O'Neal into Kawhi Leonard. Utah has the most advantageous home court advantage in the NBA for a reason though.

It's a loser state. They have literally no other professional sports. And if they did those other sports wouldn't have anything close to this home court advantage. Because the NBA is manipulated, and they keep wanting to throw a bone out to the franchise that Will Never Win Anything.

12. aurocketfan

aurocketfan Member

Warriors would have trouble playing in Utah. Plus 5 vs 8 didnot help.

napalm06 likes this.
  13. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

The team kept bricking 3s in the 4th when the Jazz went on a run.

That 0-27 last year, while really bad and might not be equaled, is not a one off thing.

Poor shooting like that can occur given the pressure and moment especially by role players.

Those 3s become much harder when a lot is on the line and the rest of your teammates are bricking as well. It sucks away the confidence and momentum of the team 3 point shooting and everyone feels the extra pressure to make the next one.

Just re-watch Tucker in the 4th. He did not want to shoot. He was open and passes the ball to River, who passed the ball back to him, and then he bricked.

When under pressure, I dont have confidence in Rockets 3 point shooters other than CP, Harden, and Gordon. Even they will feel the pressure and miss more than normal in those situations, but the rest will almost assuredly brick it.

I am afraid we will be seeing more of this against the Warriors.

It's not about the numbers when it comes to role players and bench players. Its about the quality. And I dont trust our role players and the bench.

pippsux likes this.
  14. Reeko

Reeko Member

Pick a fight? Lol, relax...

I’m over here chilling because it’s still Rockets in 5 while many of y’all are having meltdowns

Jazz got themselves a win...oh well, it happens

15. napalm06

No doubt about that.

Capela was just a huge letdown tonight. I looked at the box score and was shocked that Harden had 30. The way he sneaks points on the scoresheet is uncanny.

chadyang and hou$tonScrew$tonTX like this.
  16. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Shumpert has played in 73 playoff games, more than some people have played in the regular season. Just sayin'. . . .

hakeem94 likes this.
  17. napalm06

Starting a thread = meltdowns.
    All losses are equal.
    Rockets have nothing to learn from this.

Any other useful analysis?

18. TheSource

TheSource Member

Game 5 is going to be a dog fight because credit to the Jazz they have made some defensive adjustments and have Harden looking completely lost at some points in the game. Rockets better come to play because if they don’t win game 5 this series is going 7 games

waytookrzy079 likes this.
  19. Reeko

Reeko Member

u seem triggered for some reason...do u bro

20. napalm06

I'm not necessarily worried about game 5 as much as it just really pains me to see those fans experience anything positive. lol.