1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2nd in the west

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by CometsFan'01, Jun 6, 2001.

1. CometsFan'01

CometsFan'01 New Member

OK ... the play this season is not what we are used to seeing from the Comets, however, I am seeing some very positive things coming out of this road trip.

Despite giving up leads late (do ALL Houston teams fall prey to this???), they have dug down and won when it would have been much easier to give up and chalk it up to all of the changes this team is dealing with.

Next, Tina & Janeth are coming into their own. They're averaging 26 points a piece. Both are contributing on the defensive end. They are both beginning to shine. We always knew they were good players, but without the spotlight shining elsewhere, they are demanding their own time in the sun.

HOWEVER, with all of that said, I must say that I keep waiting for someone else to step up. I'm not looking for someone else to put up 20+ points per game, but we need another spark. If she were not on IR, I would be looking towards Amaya Valdemora. But she's out. I thought (after the preseason games) that the spark might be Lassiter, but I have just not been impressed. I know she's a rookie and needs time to adjust, but we just don't have that time this season.

Any thoughts out there?

I still think the Comets can only improve from this point out. I think we've got a good chance of making the playoffs and while it's a long shot, there's still a chance at defending the title.

I wish Van hadn't wasted so many pics on players who never even show up - can't even trade them for someone who would show up!

ANYWAY... despite all of the hurdles, I still like our chances.

------------------
    CometsFan '01
    *I* Still Believe

http://www.allsports.com/wnba/comets/

2. PhiSlammaJamma

We can still win a championship with this team. When you have two players who can put the ball in the bucket it opens eveything up shots for everyone else. We should be very competitive and that gives a chance to win it all. I think we've proven that we can overcome adversity. Arcain and Thompson have taken it up a level. That's was an important sign of things to come. We opened the season much better off than the tandem of Holdsclaw and company. So were gonna be ok. It's gonna be a lot tougher, but things are coming together.

------------------
    humble, but hungry.

3. Timing

Timing Member

We cannot win a championship with this team. Arcain and Thompson will not continue to score 25 points a game. Defenses will start clamping down on them soon enough. We need a legitimate third scorer to make a real run and we don't have one.

------------------
    The ox is slow but the Earth is patient.

4. Smoke

Smoke Member

Timing is everything.
    Where is everyone?

------------------
    " If all babies are cute, why are there so many ugly people?"

5. ChrisP

ChrisP Contributing Member

Where is who?
    Why do you think so highly of Timing?
    [​IMG]

------------------

6. red

red Contributing Member

uhhhhhh...no offense but this is girls bball. id rather watch p*rn.

------------------

7. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

If that is so much the case
    WHY THE HELL EVEN TAKE YOU TIME TO POST?

Man what a sorry b*stard

Rocket River

------------------

8. cometsluv4play

i second that,...Rocket River

------------------
    Mr. 4play has spoken. :)

9. OT

OT Member

I have only been able to see 3 games on TV so far this year and the level of play is nowhere near what it use to be. Too make matters worse, the Comets lost all 3 games. I guess I need to quit watching them so that they can get on a winning streak.

------------------