1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

24hrs in Los Angeles, WTD?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ths balla, Mar 29, 2017.

1. ths balla

ths balla Member

Appreciate all the input everyone....Couple of more questions.... Is Roscoe's really worth the hype? I heard Chinatown had some cool things to offer as well? Is the runyon hike worth it as well, or too much of a workout and too much time? Thanks again!

2. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

Go to El Segundo.

Before you take me up on that advice, please note that I have never been to LA and I have no idea of what or where El Segundo is. Enjoy your trip!

3. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

Skip Roscoes and Runyon.

Try Dinah's on Sepulveda and Centinela (where the Big Lebowski nihilists order lingonberry pancakes ) and hit up the Culver City stairs for the hike

Invisible Fan likes this.
  4. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Roscoes is actually good, but may not live up to the hype. It actually depends on how much faith you put into the hype. Runyon is a cool walk, but for me when I did it, I was primarily interested in seeing Errol Flynn's old place because I'm a huge Errol Flynn fan. If you aren't really into specific sites along that hike then there are plenty of hikes in Griffith Park that are better. In Griffith there is the observatory and where Lala land was filmed. There is the old batman(from the series with Adam West) area from which the bat car came, and all sorts of scenes from the old Star Trek series etc.

The best pizza in Los Angeles can be found at Desano's which is kind of in East Hollywood area. The area isn't great, but that pizza is absolutely the best. There meatballs are amazing as well. Get that. They've actually imported the ovens they use from Italy. It is very reasonably priced. I can't recommend this place highly enough.

5. pasox2

pasox2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

the LACMA is pretty great, if you like art museums.

6. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Hilariously weird fake museum like nothing you've ever seen: The Museum of Jurassic Technology.

Wonderfully small and digestible and walkable real museum: The Norton Simon (in Pasadena)

I love Los Angeles.

tinman and Nook like this.
  7. ths balla

ths balla Member

bump....Going to be in Palm Springs again for Coachella this week, any food & nightlife recommendations? Thanks!

tinman likes this.
  8. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

I like a lot of the eating in Korea-town. Not sure if that's what the area is called now.
    Nightlife for B-Bob at this point is like a 9 p.m. movie or a 10:15 p.m. drink in a hotel fern bar. LOL.

ths balla likes this.
  9. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I heard Roscoes sucks compared to that Howling Ray's place in Chinatown

My favorite Pizza joint is MOZZA, hands down the best pizza I've had

10. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I also agree Howling Ray's is better, but Roscoes is still good as well.
    Yeah, Mozza is on a whole other level. I consider that something above pizza. The price is also above pizza. But I will never argue that Mozza isn't the best. I love it.

11. Buck Turgidson

Just don't leave your wallet.

I had a great burger at Umami Burger in Hollywood a few years ago. Hope that helps.

tinman likes this.
  12. tinman

Supporting Member

I don't eat Ham and Eggs cause they are high in cholesterol

13. Buck Turgidson

Well, you probably shouldn't eat any burgers then.

14. tinman

Supporting Member

That's a line from another song that from the band you referenced

15. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

I work in el segundo. No reason to go. Its nothing.

16. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

Drive down the PCH during the daylight with your windows down blasting your favorite tunes. It's my favorite drive along the water from Seal Beach all the way to Laguna Beach. Stop along the way and check out all the famous beaches including Huntington and Newport Beach. Stop for food and a sunset walk in Laguna and then drive back.