1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

24hrs in Los Angeles, WTD?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ths balla, Mar 29, 2017.

1. ths balla

ths balla Member

So I will be in LA(Santa Monica) arriving early Thursday morning, April 20th before heading off to Coachella the next day. I have never been to LA and was hoping I could get some insight on places to eat, sights to see, nightlife, that I could check out. Thanks for the suggestions...

2. BrieflySpeaking

BrieflySpeaking Contributing Member

go to the beach since youll be there pretty much. and lots of places in that area for good food.

3. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Feel free to expand the recommendations to Anaheim since I'll be out there to take my kids to Disney in June. Sorry to threadjack ths balla. But you're going to Coachella and I'm not, so I don't feel too bad. :)

4. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

I'd rather go to Disney than Coachella.

5. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

6. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Stick around Santa Monica. Spend time at the beach, then walk around Hollywood. I highly recommend Griffith Observatory too.

7. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

8. Pole

Pole Houston Rockets--Tilman Fertitta's latest mess.

you could drive about five miles.

tinman likes this.
  9. dmoneybangbang

You'll pretty much be where the action is in LA, the westside. I would recommend hanging out at Venice Beach and enjoying that herby atmosphere. Don't have specific spots for you, but Santa Monica is a good starting place.

10. jev5555

jev5555 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The Griddle for breakfast

Thank me later.

ths balla likes this.
  11. Asian Sensation

This should be your mandatory first stop. First place I go to in CA after I land.

[​IMG]

javal_lon likes this.
  12. Bäumer

Bäumer Contributing Member

Go to Pink's and get a hot dog!

... just kidding don't do that.

13. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

WTD? STD FTW.

14. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Since you are in Santa Monica today I don't even know if you'll read this. The Griddle suggestion is a good one though it's not right in Santa Monica. If you go be ready for a long line and wait. Just know that it will be worth it.

The pier and beach are fine for tourist stuff to do there. If you want more of that kind of thing then you can go to the 3rd street Promenade. There are plenty of better restaurants around the area as well. If you want a really great burger go to Father's Office.

If you have a way to Encino there is a sushi place that is the best you will get. It is better and cheaper than the Katsuya restaurants. It's called Okamura. The best meal you will ever eat in your life can also be found in Encino. It's a place called the Scratch Bar. It's a twelve course tasting menu. It's not pricey for what it is, but it is pricey.

ths balla likes this.
  15. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

He's there in 3 weeks.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  16. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I saw Thursday and was wondering why he was going to Coachella so early.

17. s land balla

s land balla Contributing Member

18. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

ya no reason to hike too far, SM is great. head south a bit to venice and hit up the kick ass bar/restaurant scene there. rooftop bar at hotel erwin at sunsent is a must... get there early or try and get a reservation (not sure if they give them, though). the bungalow next door to the fairmont miramar is a real cool bar in SM worth checking out as well. Shangri-La in SM has a decent rooftop bar as well.

19. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

Cosign Venice Beach, skate park, bball court, muscle beach, and freak show.

Santa Monica pier and third street promenade are good. Plenty of dining options, but look for Joe's on Broadway and second for the best single slice of pizza on the west side in my opinion

Also look for the rec center on Ocean Avenue over looking the pier, it has an old camera obscura device that was made in 1898.

you could rent a bike for an hour or two and make it all the way out to Pacific Palisades or maybe even Malibu, if you went south you could go down into Hermosa beach El segundo etc. depending on how long you ride

I would also give Culver City a chance, it is still on the Westside and has a small town old-school original Hollywood vibe

20. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

MLK Blvd is a must! The most beautiful poverty stricken area you'll ever see.. Made me feel like Tupac in the To Live And Die In L.A video...