1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

24 - Season 7 (Day 7)

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Rockets34Legend, Jun 24, 2008.

1. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

I know it's early to start this, but I found some news about the new season...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/24_(season_7)

Plot

* According to a TV Guide interview with co-executive producer Manny Coto, "In a sense, it's a reboot — in location and personnel. We're going to be introducing a new stable of characters, along with a couple of old ones. Jack starts next season in a very different place than any season so far. [He's] not living under an alias. He's found a place he thinks he belongs and a job he enjoys doing that doesn't involve the government... We're hewing much closer to real life: tighter, more personal, more difficult for Jack. There will not be a ticking clock on a nuclear device [and] the villain is not a terrorist [but] someone with a supremely dark past who's done something horrific and whose ambition is to regain his stature in the world. There may even be a plot thread that doesn't take place on U.S. soil."

* Writer and Executive Producer Michael Loceff has confirmed, "what we are going for, is really taking this to the personal level," unlike this season six's focus on nuclear threats, the President getting hurt and possible war. Loceff says "you just can't go much bigger than that, unless you put a spacesuit on Jack Bauer and shoot him into orbit. Which you know, we may get there, but we're not going to be there yet." Next season expect smaller story lines for the characters, including Jack. Loceff adds, "and how he tries to resolve a particularly thorny conflict in the final episode." Loceff tells us Season 7 will focus on smaller and more intense story lines. But the specifics are still a mystery even for Loceff and the writers.

* Executive producer Howard Gordon told iF Magazine that the new season is set several months after the events of the sixth season and will be set entirely in Washington, D.C. or New York and will start at 7 am.

* Carlos Bernard will return as Tony Almeida :eek: in the premiere of season 7 as one of the main antagonists. Show-runner Howard Gordon explained that Tony's "uncertain fate" left the door open for his return[6] and cited the lack of a "silent clock" as a deliberate move to keep his death ambiguous. "We didn't give him the silent clock because we always wanted to keep alive the possibility for some kind of (admittedly) miraculous resurrection... which we will explain," and followed up with "He's definitely NOT the Almeida we once knew.".

Prequel

FOX will air a two-hour "prequel" TV movie on November 23, 2008 that bridges the gap between seasons.

The storyline of the prequel takes place during Inauguration Day for the next U.S. President, Allison Taylor, and is shot partially in South Africa. "[Jack] is a soul in turmoil and has been moving from place to place trying to find somewhere he can be at peace," says co-executive producer, Manny Coto. "But he winds up in Africa in the middle of a military coup." Meanwhile, Bauer is subpoenaed to appear before the Senate hearing while in Africa, but doesn't want to go. Howard Gordon revealed the prequel takes place approximately a year after day six.

On April 30, producers began scouting locations in Africa in order to film the prequel in the following weeks. Robert Carlyle was cast as Benton, Jack's mentor in Africa. Gil Bellows plays a State Department officer ordered to serve Bauer with a subpoena. Eric Lively plays Roger, the President's son, and Tony Todd will portray African dictator General Benjamin Juma. On June 13 it was announced that Jon Voight had been cast as a villain, and would be appearing in the prequel and the second half of the regular season.

Regular cast

(in alphabetical order by actor surname)

* Carlos Bernard as Tony Almeida
    * Rhys Coiro as FBI Agent Sean Hillinger
    * Colm Feore as First Gentleman Henry Taylor
    * Janeane Garofalo as FBI Agent Janis Gold
    * Bob Gunton as White House Chief of Staff Ethan Kanin
    * Cherry Jones as President Allison Taylor
    * James Morrison as Bill Buchanan
    * Jeffrey Nordling as FBI Agent Larry Moss
    * Mary Lynn Rajskub as Chloe O'Brian
    * Kiefer Sutherland as Jack Bauer
    * Annie Wersching as FBI Agent Renee Walker

Recurring cast

(in alphabetical order by actor surname)

* John Billingsley as Michael Latham
    * Ever Carradine as an FBI Agent[30]
    * Nick Chinlund as Former Agent Masters
    * Cameron Daddo as Vice President Mitchell Hansen [31]
    * Isaach De Bankolé as Ule Motobo (former Prime Minister of an African nation)
    * Marlene Forte as Rosa Gonzales
    * Sprague Grayden as the First Daughter
    * Hakeem Kae-Kazim as Ike Dubaku
    * Warren Kole as Secret Service Agent Gedge
    * Mark Kiely as Rogue Secret Service Agent Vossler
    * Carly Pope as Samantha Roth[32]
    * Carlo Rota as Morris O'Brian
    * Kurtwood Smith as Senator
    * Tony Todd as General Benjamin Juma (dictator of Sangala, a fictional African nation)
    * Jon Voight as an unnamed antagonist
    * Peter Wingfield as Emmerson
    * ? as Laurent (soldier in General Juma's army and son of Colenel Dubaku)

Some inside info on the upcoming 7th season...

http://blog.zap2it.com/korbitv/2008/06/24s-7th-season.html

Though it was previously reported that 24's seventh season, set to debut in January of 2009, would take place about a year after season six ended, I am now hearing that a much longer period of time will have passed. According to a source, roughly four years will have gone by since we last saw Jack Bauer, standing on the edge of that cliff and staring out at the ocean. I'm told that Chloe's surprise pregnancy, which we learned of in the season six finale, has matured into a full-fledged three to four-year-old boy, in fact. The kid has not yet been cast, so if you know any young lads who look like a mix of Mary-Lynn Rajskub and baby-daddy Morris (Carlo Rota, yes he's sticking around to take care of the tot), maybe you should send their pic and resume in...

Preview Trailer

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/UMrldnZeh3s&hl=en"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/UMrldnZeh3s&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I searched if anyone has started a thread on this, but couldn't find anything.

#1 Rockets34Legend, Jun 24, 2008
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2008
  2. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Can a couple of people tell me if Day 6 is worth watching? I saw the first 3-4 episodes and lost interest. If I start watching Day 7, Day 6 will be permanently spoiled for me. But I also don't want to waste my time.

Help. :confused:

3. geeimsobored

geeimsobored Contributing Member

Last season was trash. You won't miss much.

4. Locke

Locke Member

Day 6 sucked.

5. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

day 6 wasn't good but how did you lose interest in the first 4 hours? those were great. if those disappointed you, the rest definitely would.

6. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Day 7 - Homeless Jack Bauer falls off he wagon and gets drunk morning, noon, and night.
    06:00 PM - Jack assaults the waitress with a pool stick
    07:00 PM - Jack dines on his own vomit
    11:00 PM - Jack wets himself repeatedly
    12:00 AM - Jack dies from alcohol poisoning
    doot...doot. doot...doot. doot...doot.

7. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

Agreed...the first hours were awesome, but somewhat tailed off...wasn't as good as previous seasons, but I still enjoyed it...

I can't wait for Day 7...

8. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Hard to explain. I should have just said I stopped watching. Those 4 hours were decent but there are things about 24 that are so repetitive and predictable, I couldn't take it any more. Sometimes you need a break. The plan was to re-watch those four and the final 20 episodes sometime after the season ended (similar to what I did with Smallville). But it never happened and, prior to today, someone told me Day 6 as a whole wasn't that great. With Day 7 on tap, I wanted some advice.

I'll read a recap of Day 6 instead of watching it. Thank guys. :)

9. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

If you've seen Days 1-5, then you've seen Day 6. The writers were on autopilot and just recycled a whole bunch of storylines. The first 4 hours were terrific, but after Valencia got nuked, so did the show.

I'm hoping Day 7 revives the show. Lost came back from a subpar Season 2 and is kicking more ass than ever, so it is possible to reverse jump that shark. But Day 6 was so freaking bad, that I can't even be cautiously optimistic.

10. DreamRoxCoogFan

is it just me, or does this whole concept sound really weird? I mean it sounds like a complete break from the series, I dont know.... last season SUCKED. I was very dissapointed, and Im a huge 24 fan. They really need to bounce back in a big way (theyre already a year behind because of the stupid strike... thanks guys) and theyre alreay behind, and this concept doesnt sound too entertaining at the moment- I could be dead wrong tho. I hope so.

11. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

I called this one so bad. Way back in Season 5, like a week after it happened.

12. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

Day 6 was decent. Its better than watching Deal or No Deal.

13. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

At least Deal Or No Deal has the collection of hot women. 24 couldn't even offer that up last season(unless Chloe and a catatonic Audrey do it for you).

14. JPM0016

JPM0016 Contributing Member

Can't wait for the new season. I've been watching the old dvd's and just finished up season 3 monday. I rewatched season 6 a while back. It was predictable and used recycled story lines however mediocre 24 is still better than most other televison shows.

I don't like the Tony storyline. I thought he progressed as far as that character could go. Personally i wished they would have just kept in charge of CTU. Not every director has to die/get fired.

15. Rockets34Legend

16. Poloshirtbandit

lol they're bringing in another Robocop person?

17. Chuck 4

Chuck 4 Member

Two years is too long to wait for Jack to maim and kill someone. Cant wait!

18. Astro101

Astro101 Member

I still haven't watched the last 12 hrs of Day 6, it sucked that bad. Normally I could defend it by saying, "at least it's better than other shows on tv" like I did with parts of season 3 and season 2 of Lost. But Day 6 was the only season I missed episodes. If I have time I'll have a marathon before Sunday to get caught up.

Here's to season 7 having new un-rehashed storylines!

19. Rockets34Legend

"24" off to strong start after dud season

LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - Considering the jump-the-shark pronouncements that accompanied Season 6 of "24" two years ago, the clamor for the return of Fox's real-time thriller has been notably muted.

The good news is that the now customary two-night, four-hour kickoff on Sunday and Monday finds the series returning to its heart-in-your-throat best, replete with old villains, intricate conspiracies, moral quandaries and political intrigue. What easily could have devolved into self-parody has again become a riveting thriller that hits the ground sprinting. Of course, that also was the case at the beginning of the sixth season, and it didn't last, so we'll have to see if "24" can avoid the dreaded March and April qualitative blues this time around.

Things kick off with former Counter Terrorism Unit badass Jack Bauer (Kiefer Sutherland) in court, his beloved CTU having been disbanded; now he's forced to answer for his excesses before a Senate subcommittee. He sits there essentially justifying his torture techniques. But it won't be long before Bauer is pressed back into service.

A scientist has been kidnapped, and the nation's air travel is suddenly under siege (sound familiar?). Moreover, the threat is emanating from his longtime pal Tony Almeida (Carlos Bernard), thought to be in the ground but, well, this is "24," where the difference between life and death is measured in minutes. Pretty soon, Jack is having to play more or less by the rules with an FBI agent (Annie Wersching) while the president (Cherry Jones) faces off with a Mugabe-like African dictator.

Through the first four hours, the twists and turns and squirms fly around with the usual swiftness as the clock ominously ticks ever forward. But as the series is called "24" rather than "4," it's next week when the real creative challenge begins.

20. mateo

mateo Contributing Member

Heck the 2 hours of 24:Redemption was better than Season 6. It was JUNK.

However...I'll probably watch Season 7 anyway. Outside of Lost, House and Life I dont watch much on network TV anyway.