1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

22 Game win streak ? why did it happen? Challenge current team to do it

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by freddyg956, Jan 30, 2014.

1. freddyg956

freddyg956 Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Imz-vo5KQLI

Look at the players on that roster. There's a lot more talent right now than there was on that team that won 22 in a row. The difference though was something that talent can't compare to. That is just heart and desire with a lot of hustle.

Yao,Landry,Battier,Scola,Alston,Motivated Tmac,Bonzi,Luther,Bobby,Novak, Brooks,Mutombo yeah not a lot of talent, but they each had a role.

They each bought into the system and did their part, and just meshed very well as a unit. There was no whining about playing time(omer). No off days (Harden).
    Who is our Battier,our scola,our Landry, our Novak?

This team just needs to play hard from start to finish day in day out, and to be honest the only ones I see doing that are Bev,Howard, and Parsons. Talent will only take you so far, but you need that heart and desire to kick the other teams ass no matter who the opponent is night in night out.
    I challenge the current roster to attempt a win streak, so far 2 in a row, lets get a lot more.#RedNation

2. TheJet

TheJet Member

Not a lot of talent? :confused: Yao was arguably the best center in the game. T-Mac (as much as he's hated here) still had serious game when he was 100%. Lots of good and experienced role players on that team as well. I'm not arguing that the current Rockets don't have the talent or potential level but to dismiss that older Rockets teams talent level isn't fair.

1 person likes this.
  3. warbirdzone

warbirdzone Contributing Member

Some crazy talk from the OP. Yao and Tmac were both top players during that time.

4. brosef

brosef Member

Do you think the rockets are aware you have challenged them?

5. arjun

arjun Member

uhh that team was VERY talented.

and i really hope we don't go on a 22 game win streak...I don't want to peak in the regular season. winning 22 games in a row takes alot out of you..I don't think our young and mentally weak team is ready for the challenge of picking it back up after the emotional rollercoaster of 22 wins is complete.

6. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Because the team played better without Yao Ming!

They won 10 straight games without him!

Signed,

The Anti Harden Guys.

7. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

Too bad no player on this roster is as good as TMAC.

8. Roxnostalgia

Roxnostalgia Contributing Member

This would feel a lot more official if there was some kind of online petition I could sign. Not a hard copy because I don't want to get up but I'd totes sign an online petition to urge the team to win 22 in a row.

9. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

LOL. Nice.

And to the guys who think the Rockets were a better team when McGrady was hurt and Yao was the only star left on the team BECAUSE they actually made the 2nd round.

10. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

that team had an intangible amount of guts and heart.

Shane Battier said so himself immediately after he broke the streak as a member with the Heat.

11. Classic

Classic Member

12. dobro1229

TMac was a top 5 offensive player in the league for almost half a decade, and the best offensive player for at least 2. And that was during the era of the SG with Kobe, Vince, Iverson, Wade, etc.

That's like saying too bad Harden isn't Durant.

13. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

14. Lakersuk

Lakersuk Member

On a side note: I really do think adding Chuck Hayes to the current roster would be a big boost in terms of helping the 2nd unit's defense when dwight sits down (assuming Omer's little child act continues) and adding a veteran presence that this team desperately needs

15. dobro1229

2009 Chuckwagon sure... 2014 Chuck Hayes.... not sure. When's the last time he's played a meaningful role other than babysitter, and have you seen the guy lately???... He's always been pretty thick, but he's looking like Oliver Miller lately.

16. MadMaxwell

MadMaxwell Member

^I agree. I love the chuck wagon but he hasn't been the same since he left.

17. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

To be fair, neither of the two stars were fully healthy throughout the streak. Yes, the role players stepped up big time for that streak to happen.

I think the difference between that team and this team is maturity and heart.

18. PDJACK7

PDJACK7 Member

Sorry, but I don't see this team ever accomplishing that. Tmac was playing out of his mind, which Harden could do, but it was the other guys that played with heart, grit and all out hustle. This team lacks those characteristics on a every day basis. They have too many flat quarters and games where they play with little enthusiasm to reach that goal.

19. kaitanuva

kaitanuva Member

Why?

Aside from the best center in the game and a pretty good all around SG, we had Mt. Mutombo and Scolandry.

20. WinkFan

WinkFan Contributing Member

Harden is clearly better now than McGrady was in 07-08. McGrady was great in Orlando, he was never great in Houston, and by 07-08, he wasn't even an all star anymore.

Edit: McGrady did make 3rd Team All NBA that year, the same as Harden did last year.

#20 WinkFan, Jan 30, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2014