1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2104-15 Denver Dumpster Fire

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Carl Herrera, Nov 12, 2014.

1. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

While I would love to have him and Denver is ripe for the picking, you have to ask what do we have that they'd want for them to part with arguably their best player who is just 27. I don't think the NOP and some expirings is even close to what they would want.

2. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

poor ty lawson

3. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

btw: Did CH purposely mix his metaphors:

Dumpster Diving
    Fire Sale

4. kemah

kemah Member

I watched Faried during FIBA and at first I was wanting him but as the games went on I saw he actually was a horrible Pick and Roll defender and the PnR is the bread and butter of the NBA game. TJ is better.

5. fattz

fattz Member

If we are shopping: Ty Lawson, Wilson Candler, Timmy Movgov and Randy Foye. In that order. Lawson would have to come off the bench to get his touches. Gallio and AA are nice players but would need their touches, too.

Foye / Lawson
    Harden / Foye
    Ariza / Papa
    WC/ Jones
    Howard / Movgor

Or

Pg Harden
    Sg Ariza
    Sf CW
    Of Jones
    C. Howard
    6m Lawson

Both sides of the court would be leathal. We win by 35 points most nights.

6. Luke_The_Duke

Luke_The_Duke Member

I would ask for JaVale McGee, Randy Foye. Guys can play and they would upgrade the bench dramatically. Imagine Alley-Oops from Harden to McGee and then Foye with the Open 3 somewhere behind the line from Dwight. They would make us a better team IMO.

7. delishman

delishman Member

Hickson is an idiot. DO not want. Give me the pill poppin' manimal or Mozgov if we are going realistic.

8. arabrocket

arabrocket Member

Centers are expensive if you're looking for one. We need a back up not a real center. We got rid of Asik because we got Dwight. Even if asik stayed with the Rockets, the Rockets were'nt going to resign him after his contract expires. Instead of spending 13 mil on an overpaid dumb center like Javale mcgee, it's better to address the PF, PG or even the bench. Again what i'm trying to say here Mcgee is an expensive for a back up center.

9. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Denver is ranked 29th out of 30 teams on defense. So their centers have not exactly been protecting the rim. Not sure why we'd expend resources, in terms of either players to be traded or cap flexibilty, acquiring one of Denver's centers unless we are blaming Brian Shaw for everything.

10. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

A bounce-back win for Denver. Lets see if they keep this up or if this is just an aberration.

11. hoopster325

hoopster325 Member

Mozgov should be a serious target for the Cavs.

Worked with Blatt on the Russian team.

Size in the middle for rim protection.

If I'm Cleveland I'm calling Denver everyday to try and land him, ideal backup center.

12. hoopster325

hoopster325 Member

By the way, if a Denver fire sale occurs I HIGHLY doubt they're dealing Lawson unless its for at minimum a top 5 pick plus another appealing young asset.

Its a wet dream for some of you but in reality, Denver if they go full rebuild will deal away everything but Lawson. You don't give away your best player when he's under contract for 3 more years. He's still a piece for them to build around, plus they love running fast offenses and Lawson at full healthy is surely one of the fastest in the NBA.

13. GanjaRocket

GanjaRocket Member

the nuggs.. have been ground up and vaporized :grin: