1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2104-15 Denver Dumpster Fire

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Carl Herrera, Nov 12, 2014.

1. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Faried has a lot of hype, but he doesn't seem to have a big impact on the game, and frankly I don't think he's worth his salary. Don't get me wrong he would be a great energy guy for 20-25 minutes, but when his minutes go up, his impact tails off. I don't think he can be one of your top guys, he's a role player on a title contender IMO.

2. YOLO

YOLO Member

been a problem all along. Faried is undersized and cannot guard the premier bigs in the league. his energy play can only go so far. and his offense is limited

3. YOLO

YOLO Member

coming right off of FIBA, it was the perfect time for faried to push his extension. fools gold cause he cannot sustain that production in the NBA. love his energy play but I agree not worth it.

4. Ariza4MVP

Ariza4MVP Member

With sac, den, and nyk 2nds this year, morey will definitely find us another solid role player with 1 of those picks.

5. Nook

Nook Member

This is a valid concern. Afflalo also does not have the best reputation with teammates. For it to work, it would require him playing as a 6th man.

Faried isn't a star, however I do believe that he is better than any PF we have on our team. He would thrive here in transition and finishing from passes and cuts inside. He is less effective in a half set offense.

I think his contract isn't an issue.

He defended far better last year but I admit he still has limitations.

6. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Those 3 second round picks, NO 1st round pick, Rockets 2016 1st round pick, Clint Cappela, Nick Johnson, Terrance Jones, Dmo, Papa, Patrick Beverley, Caanan.

For

LaMarcus Aldrich, Damian Liliard

Damian Liliard
    James Harden
    Trevor Ariza
    LaMarcus Aldrich
    Dwight Howard

Bench: Joey Dorsey, Joey Dorsey, Joey Dorsey, Joey Dorsey, Joey Dorsey.

7. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

On a more serious note I think Faried would do better on a team like the rockets or cavs where has guys around them have the ball a lot and score. He can then do the things he excels at like being a Predator.

8. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

This. Faried is the perfect guy for a contender or good playoff team. Let him concentrate on hustle, defense and he will be a serious asset for your team. On a mediocre/weak team like Denver he's useless and won't help you secure a playoff spot.

9. jbasket

jbasket Member

Morey strikes again!

10. ZNB

ZNB Contributing Member

Why would you even propose a trade like that? I doubt Portland would trade those two even if we included Harden/Howard. Might be the worst trade i have ever seen proposed.

11. ZNB

ZNB Contributing Member

Lol nvm, i should have read the next post.

12. Nick_713

Nick_713 Member

Mozgov, would be nice...but Javale????? I don't want any Rocket to be #5 on Shaqtin a Fool EVERY DAMN WEEK, and Javale is a lock now that he's back from injury.

13. WinkFan

WinkFan Contributing Member

I don't think Faried is a good fit for the Rockets. He can't shoot at all, which would hurt spacing, and he's an average defender.

14. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

Should have been obvious without even looking at that tbh.

15. GanjaRocket

GanjaRocket Member

JJ hickson anyone?

16. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

I'd take him and I think he could be had for cheap...coming off a 5 game suspension. Plays 4 or 5 and would fill the gap nicely. New teammates may be what he needs to get back on track.

17. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Lawson is interesting because he's a pretty competent player. Working on his 3rd year in the last 4 with a PER of 19 or higher. Shooting 41% on three's early on. A nearly 3:1 assist to turnover ratio. His usage rate isn't horrible.

But his contract is tough - 2 more years after this at $12.4+ million. And his size just makes defense impossible for him...

I mean Dragic was great last year, and Rubio is a good defender, and Rondo is a master assist man and good defender, but they all have flaws, too, and none have been nearly the complete offensive player that Lawson has been the last few years.

JJ Hickson is the best value...

18. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

JJ Hickson is a subpar defender and is reputed to be dumb as rocks, I think. Can rebound but that's all.

19. bratna8

bratna8 Member

Let's not make this complicated.

We are in need of backup bigs and starting/backup PG.

Check for the availability of Mozgov and Lawson.

20. awc713

awc713 Member

this team with ty lawson would be nasty.

wonder what their asking price is for the PG. I do believe he was just inked to a big contract, meaning he'd probably be our 3rd "star"