1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2020] Covid has made Houston drivers worse...

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Sajan, May 29, 2020.

1. Sajan

Sajan Member

2018 Version

I have been enjoying driving around the last 2 months...really going nowhere..other than just cruising to take a break from being in the house. Also to add to the pollution, and help oil prices come back up.

But now that the idiots are back on the road...I am going to lose my mind again. Holy smokes...the amount of bad drivers have dramatically gone up. I am talking about....going 30mph mbelow the speed limit on the left lane with no traffic kind of idiocy.

1. not using their blinkers. at all. i am just supposed to know you are slowly drifting in to my lane on purpose..or by accident because you are on your phone.
    2. not using headlights in the evening. these are newer cars. why isn't it on auto!??
    3. hogging the left lane. i gave up on this battle a few years ago and just drive in the middle or right lane now.
    4. driving 5-20 mph below speed limit with no regards for traffic flow so now everyone has to make a lane change. i observe this more on highways with more lanes like i-10. apparently it's pick your own speed highway.
    5. what's with people coming over to the straight lanes before they make a left turn at an intersection? you don't drive a freaking 18 wheeler. just turn left.
    6. Folks who have switched over managing their cell phone as priority one, with driving priority two
    7. High beams being left on or used in heavy traffic
      1. Also I hope the idiots who switched over to 100,000 mega watts HID bulbs for their shitty civic crash that into a wall
    8. Not merging at speed! Do they expect everyone minding their business on the highway to come to a halt to let them in??
    9. Not practice zipper merging!
    10. Tapping your brakes to slow down 1 mph. either you are too damn close to the car in front of you, or you just need to let go off the gas.
    11. Does anyone these days know how to make a 90 degree turn these days out of a parking lot without going into the other two lanes? Have cars gotten so powerful you can't control the initial thrust? wtf! A variation of this is people rushing to get onto the main road only to go 20 under the speed limit. WHAT WAS THE HURRY!?! Same goes for the "right turn on red". Seriously. Just wait. You don't need to risk your life to pull out onto oncoming traffic.

2. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

3. Poloshirtbandit

I've seen an increase in people just straight up running red lights or blowing past stop signs.

RKREBORN, Sajan and Gabe0941 like this.
  4. Haymitch

Haymitch Contributing Member

To make sure I don't get too rusty, we go on a drive once a week.

Sajan likes this.
  5. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

This thread is so true. Assholes everywhere on the road

6. Reeko

Reeko Member

people who drive slow get on my damn nerves

Speed up or gtfo the way!

davidio840 and Xerobull like this.
  7. Buck Turgidson

Buck Turgidson Mineshaft Enthusiast