1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2019 Draft/1-23] Tytus Howard, OT, Alabama State

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by J.R., Apr 25, 2019.

?

Do you like the selection of Tytus Howard?

Poll closed Sep 5, 2019.
  1. YES

54.6%
  2. NO

45.4%
  1. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

LOL...if u think Howard is going to be replaced by Johnson, um you don't know much. Howard has played well this season. He currently still playing with that injury he probably will need surgery on in the offseason.

2. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Johnson played well while Howard was out. I’m not pulling for it, but I was alarmed by Howard’s performance against the Colts. If he gets killed against NE the coaches have to think about letting him “recuperate” some more. Dejuan has been getting wrecked the last two games. Howard was the worst offensive player last week. People seem to be taking Tennessee way to lightly around here. I’m a big Howard fan, but just like with Bob you need to be realistic about his capabilities week to week as a rookie. I’m not a Bob hater or a big fan, but you’re relentless objection to any valid criticism of the Texans is annoying. Bob is a mediocre coach and Howard is a rookie who has rookie inconsistencies.

Nook and raining threes like this.
  3. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Johnson played a HALF (against the Chiefs) while Howard was out....then got hurt in the 1st quarter against the Colts. That's why Chris Clark is here. He played the majority of snap while Howard was hurt.

Your memory is bad. Johnson play well in the half against the Chiefs.....but come on now.

Concerned about what? Texans gave up ONE sack in that game. They didn't run the ball well because the Colts loaded up on it.

4. whag00

whag00 Contributing Member

Well it looks like he is done for the season.

5. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

This pick was a dumb, desperate reach.

Could have taken a top CB instead

6. Texanstradamus

He was actually playing well at RT.......

7. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Not surprised. Guy on this board laughed at me when i said lots of players on a Bill O’Brien ran team gets hurt every year.

8. showa13

showa13 Member

What rookie corner drafted below this pick is playing better than Tytus was at RT?

awc713 likes this.
  9. ktex

ktex Member

Huh? Have you been watching him prior to the knee injury?

Rudyc281 likes this.
  10. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Need to sign Andre Smith who was just released by the Bengals.

TheRealist137 likes this.
  11. Texanstradamus

How many injuries have the Texans mismanaged clowney Watson now this

REEKO_HTOWN likes this.
  12. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

The Bengals have the worst line in the league. They're the worst team in the league. Their line has been hit by a multitude of injuries.

If Smith can't stay with that team, I'm not sure I want him here.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  13. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

GOD..you are the BIGGEST DUMBASS ON THIS BOARD. Go stick your head up your ass....and just keep it there. It won't allow you to post anymore.

14. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Meh.

Our oline still kinda blows

15. Nimo

Nimo Member

Sooooo.... I got a question. If a certain player no longer with the Texans was not worth the money because of injury risk; does it mean this 1st round draft pick may not be worth the pick because of the same reason?

:eek:

IMO: i was not in love with this pick. It felt a little better after the addition of Tunsil but even that cost two more first rounders. Tytus should help the team more in the future than he has this season. Good thing because they won't be able to add as much cheap labor with the lack of draft picks.

Nook likes this.
  16. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Clowney is not worth the money because of his production, not just his injury history. Howard is on a rookie contract and should be fine after surgery....for next year.

17. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Tytus was solid this season and far exceeded my expectations. Anybody saying he was a bad pick or that we could have gotten someone else at a different position clearly either doesn't watch games, or just wants to hate. Tytus will be solid for us for years at RT.

18. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Does he need surgery? And is he out for the year?

Edit: NVM, just saw this.

#338 Two Sandwiches, Dec 1, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2019
  19. Blatz

Blatz Contributing Member

20. conquistador#11

You're not a Texan if you don't tear an MCL or an ACL. I expect him to be one of the best RTs next year.
    Tough for him to play through that. I was surprised they didn't give him another 2 weeks to recover during the bye and was available for Jax.

REEKO_HTOWN likes this.