1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2019] Boogie watch thread

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by daywalker02, Jan 19, 2019.

1. nemac

nemac Member

To be fair they stopped it because nola was getting the bad end of the deal in a trade then the nba became a rep for them during a transitional period. It was bizarre but actually saved the rockets. But them stopping a free agent signing for the min would be something different entirely, would need some new competitive balance rules in the first place.

saleem and BigShasta like this.
  2. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

No I would take cousins on our team
    Over a dude who can’t start for the nets

3. txn

txn Member

Yeah, I would like to take it too. But the fact is he is not on your team. So embrace what you have.

4. tinman

Supporting Member

Who said I didn’t
    You sounded like we had a chance to get cousins
    So stop being so insecure about your Rockets fandom

If faried sucks you should say it too

5. tinman

Supporting Member

You sound like an insecure fan
    I’d take Joel Embiid over Faried

But Faried has nothing to do Cousins
    It’s about Capela being hurt

6. txn

txn Member

Lol, I never said we had a chance to get cousins. "No I would take cousins on our team " it seems this came out from your mouth. All I am saying is Cousins is not on our team, so I will root for the ones we have. We will see if he sucks or not when he plays with James.
    If you like Cousins that much, welcome to root for Golden State, man, your freedom.

7. tinman

Supporting Member

I’m a pure fan pal
    There are no better fans in time than the originals of this board
    Ever

@Os Trigonum
    If you are so insecure about the Rockets in the dish forum you should start crying now

8. roslolian

roslolian Member

Cousins on GSW doesn't worry me lol they are still in a honey moon period but notice how Boogie scored 14 pts in just 15 mins. That means he is still a high volume shooter it works now because he just got 15 mins but as he becomes more healthy and starts playing 30 mins a night then shots become a big problem. GSW needs him to be a role playsr but I dunno if Boogie is ok with that.

BigShasta likes this.
  9. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The question on Cousin is how healthy will he be in 3 months.

10. Juxtaposed Jolt

What?

If he becomes healthier and better, teams will have no choice but to either leave their man and double Cousins, or let Cousins feast on the post. So either let Durant / Curry / Thompson have an easy look, or let Cousins have an easy shot. It's pick-your-poison. Cousins knows better than to mess with whatever GS has going.

This isn't the Kings with a green head coach or even the Pelicans with Gentry. Cousins can't hold Kerr hostage by going rogue because he's the third option, at best, on any given night. Kerr can just bench Cousins and GS will still blow teams out.

Mathloom and B-Bob like this.
  11. roslolian

roslolian Member

GSW is already pick your poison both Kd and Steph require double teams and Klay is arguably the best open shooter in history. All 3 of them already have easy looks thanks to their own skills and each other so I dunno how much easier it will get with Cousins.

If anything a healthy Cousins is gonna make it harder because he will camp in the post making it harder for everyone to drive in the paint, similar to how Dwight and Harden or Lebron and Shaq clashed. There's only a limited amount of shots available once Cousins gets healthy is he gonna be happy with Kd, Steph and Klays leftovers?

12. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Faried has more moms (which is cool by me) than he does rebounds.

tinman likes this.
  13. Juxtaposed Jolt

In just looking at the box score from their most recent game (last night against LAL), Cousins had 9 shot attempts (Curry had 12), 5 assists and 9 rebounds. It's fine if Cousins camps in the paint, since the starting 5 is a team of shooters, anyway. It's not a bunch of Iversons or Tony Parkers that flourish in the paint.

Point is, if Cousins isn't 100% yet and he's already averaging 10 shots a game (had 11 against LAC), he'll be fine. You could also easily stagger his minutes so that he plays for the first 4 minutes or so, comes out of the game, and then comes back in when 2 of the 3 (Durant, Curry, Thompson) need to sit. Cousins would be first or second option at that point, based on how the game is going.

There are plenty of ways to integrate Cousins into a GSW lineup - Cousins just has to be willing.

14. shvedsucks

shvedsucks Member

I thought Durant joining warriors was weak smh. Watching him in warriors uniform is so cringe worthy. What a pathetic little b****. They should have just kept the draymond, Thompson, curry core and not signed these weak MFs Durant and cousins, they would have got a lot more respect and recognition

15. shvedsucks

shvedsucks Member

To be fair it isn’t that difficult to sign good players and improve the team when there are little talented as hell b****es out there who are ring chasers and would take a $25 million dollar pay cut to be on the warriors because they can’t even carry a team in playoffs

16. roslolian

roslolian Member

Yeah Cousins had 9 attempts...in 15 mins. If he is healthy and plays more mins will he shoot more or less? Thats why it works now because he is only on the court for 15 mins, when he sees 30 mins of PT then obv he will want more shots which come at the expense of others.

Harden and Lebron aren't Iversons either, but they had lots of issues with a space eating center in the middle. You are right there are lots of ways to resolve this but everyone has to be willing to sacrifice and thats not a sure thing.

17. Juxtaposed Jolt

Kerr has to play this right. Cousins can easily be a starter, average around 30 minutes a game and still get his shots.

Although, I'm not sure why you're painting Cousins to be this ball-dominant, "give it to me or I riot" type of player. He's been a headcase in the past, sure, but it's not because he was a diva, crying for a bigger role in whatever offense he's in.

Harden only had a problem with Dwight because Dwight didn't concede the offense to Harden. Capela is what Dwight should have been - both eat space, but Capela is smart enough to let Harden do his thing without hampering him.

My point is, Curry and Thompson don't have this "penetrate and kick out" game like most guards do, since they shoot it so well. Durant is the only one who I can see that might encounter that problem, but there are easy fixes.

To be honest, the more I think about it, the more I can't see Cousins being a problem in that offense. Cousins can handle the ball, can shoot from outside the paint and can rebound well since he's so big. I'm sure he's used the first half of the season to see how GS and Kerr operates, so it's not like he's going to clash with their style unknowingly. He's on a team that has the best chance at winning a ring, so there's no reason to act out.

daywalker02 likes this.
  18. roslolian

roslolian Member

It's not about acting out its about having too many mouths to feed, not enough shots and a clash of style. Cousins is a lot more versatile than Capela so it is natural he would want the ball in his hands to initiate the offense vs Capela who is set up every possession.

The latest game they had is an indication of what Cousins has to sacrifice it reached OT but he only got 9 shots the entire game. If he is ok with Draymond Green 2.0 role in the offense then it will all work out but he sees himself as a superstar and he is in a contract year. Lets see what happens however GSW is already pretty damn great with or without Cousins so I dunno how much of an impact he will have.

19. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

20. Slam Dunk

Slam Dunk Contributing Member

Boogie looks pretty good out there on the floor. It's going to be hard to beat the Warriors once his rust shakes off. The amount of spacing they have is insane because now they have four players on the floor that are a threat from 3 point range. Center has always been their weakest position.

I think what's pretty underrated is how good Boogie's screen-setting is. The Boogie / KD pick-and-roll is disgusting.

Their starting five is by far the best in the league and it's not even close. The only thing we can hope for is the luxury tax + repeater penalties making it hard for them to keep their team together (Boogie is almost certainly gone after this season).