1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2019 Astros Minor League Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by tellitlikeitis, Nov 7, 2018.

1. raj87

raj87 Member

He’s heating up at the right time for that September callup. 5 homeruns so far in August.

everyday eddie and Marteen like this.
  2. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

Tucker is going to make it difficult come September if he keeps this up. Only four strikeouts in August thus far. I am still in the Tucker is going to be a stud camp so I am excited about the possibility of him getting ABs.

vince, Htown Legend and Marteen like this.
  3. Buck Turgidson

4. Alimoe84

Alimoe84 Member

If Tucker shows well in September, he should at least be on the ALDS roster.

Position Players (14)
    Springer
    Altuve
    Brantley
    Bregman
    Alvarez
    Correa
    Gurriel
    Chirinos
    Reddick

Straw
    Marisnick
    Maldonado
    Diaz
    Tucker

5. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Unlikely. The Astros will likely roll with 12/13 position players in the playoffs.

6. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Last year, Astros rolled with 14 in ALDS.

7. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

I stand corrected. I thought it was 13.

raining threes and Nook like this.
  8. Snake Diggit

Snake Diggit Member

I think they are planning on him being the 13th position player next season (and in the playoffs this season). I also think they plan to keep Marisnick. Straw holds a lot more value if he can play SS and 2B in addition to the outfield.

No Worries likes this.
  9. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

Tucker might be more valuable than Alvarez during the World Series during road games.

10. Nook

Nook Member

[​IMG]

He will see the field on road World Series games...... and if he doesn't play a game he will pinch hit.

Alvarez right now is one of the 3-4 best offensive players in baseball............ Kyle Tucker cannot even be bothered to run to first base.

raining threes and Snake Diggit like this.
  11. Hustle Town

Hustle Town Contributing Member

Can't wait to trade him for pitching in the offseason

12. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

no doubt Alvarez is the better player, but depending on who we play in the world series, we may not be able to play him except for 1 at bat per game.

13. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Alvarez's ability to hit is why he will be more valuable. I highly doubt Tucker's hustle is why he's not in the majors playing. I suspect it is more on Alvarez hitting, Tucker hitting good, but not great in AAA, the Astros having several better options in the majors, and possibly Astros are working to shorten up his swing path.

14. tellitlikeitis

tellitlikeitis Canceled
    Supporting Member

Yimmi Cortabarria, a Venezuelan OF who signed at the start of the 2017 IFA period, just hit his third homer of the year down in the GCL. When he signed, he was described as having big raw power but big swing-and-miss tendencies as well. Last year in the DSL, he hit two homers in 52 games and also had a 39% K rate (73 in 187 plate appearances).

This is just Cortabarria's 14th game of the season; he missed the last couple of weeks due to what I guess was an injury of some sort.

15. vince

vince Member

Good going Kyle Tucker...

And I have full confidence that Luhnow can flip guys for viably talented players to keep the organization flushed with young talented prospects, so if a young guy forces himself into the 25 man roster, Luhnow knows how to deal.

There are the core pieces, and that’s Altuve, Bregman, Springer, Correa who can carry the Astros like bosses. I hope they can sign both Springer and Correa sooner rather than laterz

everyday eddie likes this.
  16. raining threes

Agreed

Since Tucker has only struck out 4 times this month, hopefully this means they've worked with him on shortening his swing. If he doesn't shorten his swing he will be a lesser version of Reddick. If he does shorten his swing he could be like Matt Olson.

17. htownbball

htownbball Member

Wonder why he took off the batting gloves

18. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Perhaps to prove it was or wasn't the batting gloves? Maybe he is a software engineer at heart.

19. Buck Turgidson

"A player on a streak has to respect the streak, they don't happen very often. If you believe you're playing well because you're getting laid or because you're not getting laid or because you wear women's underwear, then you are."

Joe Joe likes this.
  20. tellitlikeitis

tellitlikeitis Canceled
    Supporting Member

Jonathan Arauz just hit his second homer in the Texas League. He now has 10 home runs this season.