1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2019-20 NBA Broadcasting Team Ranking (Rockets voted the worst)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by HRox832, Apr 9, 2020.

1. jim petersen84

these ranking have zero credibility. rockets last? no but matt bullard is average on the mic and worrell is on his way out but still quality. seems biased that both ny markets are 1 and 2.

B-Bob and napalm06 like this.
  2. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

They have Mike breen and Ian eagle. Those are very good announcers.

3. rocketseagles07

Bill and Clyde are drunk. All Matt y’all about is the way we play and limiting long 2’s. The opponent could be 50/52 from mid range and he’ll say, “shot goes in from player x, see those are the kind of shots the rockets want their guys to eliminate”

4. Jake Stewart

Jake Stewart Member

Craig Ackerman & Matt Bullard should do all the games.

5. burlesk

burlesk Serious business
    Supporting Member

He holds the NBA record for most games in a row without a steal at 65 straight games.
    This spanned over a 3 year long period from 1989-1992.
    -- Wikipedia

Also: "I had an edge on [Olajuwon], because I played against him in college and knew how good he was."

Woo pig sooie.

#45 burlesk, Apr 10, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2020
  6. fattz

fattz Member

More Calvin Murphy is the answer to improve the broadcast team. Less of everyone else should help make a positive change. The team as a whole NEEDS updating, IMO. Nostalgia can I take you so far.

7. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

If looking from an outsider's perspective I think we have a bottom 5 crew but we're definitely not worse than the Celtics.

We'd probably become a top 10 crew if we replaced Worrell and Clyde with Murphy and Maxwell.

8. fattz

fattz Member

Never heard Maxwell as a broadcaster if it’s anything like he tweets we’d be golden.

don grahamleone likes this.
  9. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

We're not the worst, we're simply the most hated team and that leads to pooping on our broadcasters.

ApacheWarrior likes this.
  10. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

I am pretty sure they get this prestigious award every year. I know this isnt the first time they got last for sure.

don grahamleone likes this.
  11. fattz

fattz Member

Come on if you didn’t grow up a Rocket’s fan. The crew is just bad. To us we see the our friends we watch the games with over the years excepting them for themselves and at times thinking they are get old and loosing it; but always remembering that once they were 1st overall pick.

12. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I expect the team announcers to show some kind of homerism. After all, they are serving the team's fanbase. It makes them feel the vibe of a home court even when they are on the road.

I also expect the announcers to have some professionalism. They are supposed to be the "experts" who can point out things in the game the average fan doesn't see, some knowledgeable (at least somewhat objective) observations.