1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2018 Summer League Poll

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by forchette49, Jul 14, 2018.

?

Which player, besides Melton, are you most excited about seeing called up?

Poll closed Jul 21, 2018.
  1. Deng Adel

15.1%
  2. Trevon Duval

14.0%
  3. Vince Edwards

2.2%
  4. Isiah Hartenstein

10.8%
  5. Daniel House

20.4%
  6. RJ Hunter

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Zhou Chi

34.4%
  8. Gary Clark

2.2%
  9. Markel Brown

1.1%
  1. forchette49

forchette49 Contributing Member

I have no dog in the fight. I'm trying gauge interest so we can look back this Fall and see what has transpired since... I see your qualms about House though, maybe he could be our redemption at a late bloomer like Covington?

2. ball king23

ball king23 Member

Trevon Duval the guy is a great passer and scorer reads defenses and switches and fights for position and knows when to attack and when to pass

3. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

I was torn between Deng and Hartenstein. I'll have to go back and watch Zhou some more based on some comments here. I thought he improved and looked decent, but I'm just not sure how that will translate for our team.

Deng just looks smooth and composed out there, despite not getting a lot of playing time until the last game. His game looks like it would fit perfectly with our system.

Hartenstein has an NBA body, was hustling, did a nice job on the boards and he's competent offensively. He will have some problems with the switching defense, but when we play the other bigs it will be nice to have his girth in the lane and setting picks.

forchette49 likes this.
  4. forchette49

forchette49 Contributing Member

Damn Gambit, we do have a large Asian following on Clutchfans I'm sure, pump dem brakes!

5. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Hartenstein because summer league tends to bring out good things in mediocre players. I listen to what coaches say and comments on Hartenstein prevail thus far. I still like Qi’s defense.

6. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I think Clark might prove to be a decent PF, somewhat like Draymond.
    PJ would be an ideal tutor for him. Clark can add depth to the 4 spot in time. Deng has the best upside on offense, but he needs a lot of work on defense. I hope he will get a chance in training camp and in the G-League.

7. larry cook

larry cook Member

Zhou Chi, Deng, Clark, and House.

8. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

I want to see Joe Cheez surpass his cousin Jerry Lin