1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2018 ClutchFans Mock Draft - Texans 3rd Round

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Nimo, Apr 17, 2018.

?

Make your pick

1. Hayden Hurst, TE, South Carolina/Joseph Noteboom, OT, TCU/Terrell Edmunds, S, Virginia Tech

11.8%
  2. Orlando Brown, OT, Oklahoma/Shaquem Griffin, OLB, UCF/Troy Fumagalli, TE, Wisconsin

29.4%
  3. Isaiah Oliver, CB, Colorado/Tyrell Crosby, OT, Oregon/Breeland Speaks, DL, Ole Miss

5.9%
  4. Arden Key, EDGE, LSU/Jamarco Jones, OT, Ohio State/Durham Smythe, TE, ND

5.9%
  5. Brian O'Neill, OT, Pittsburgh/Ian Thomas, TE, Indiana/Nick Nelson, CB, Wisconsin

11.8%
  6. Da'Shawn Hand, DE, Alabama/Geron Christian, OT, Louisville/Duke Dawson, CB, Florida

2.9%
  7. Kyle Lauletta, QB, Richmond/Toby Weathersby, OT, LSU/Ogbonnia Okoronkwo, EDGE, Oklahoma

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Braden Smith, OG, Auburn/Chuks Okorafor, OT, Western Michigan/Jessie Bates III, S, Wake Forest

11.8%
  9. Mark Andrews, TE, Oklahoma/Martinas Rankin, OT, Mississippi State/Marcus Allen, S, Penn State

8.8%
  10. Deshon Elliott, S, Texas/Jaylen Samuels, TE/RB, NC State/Alex Cappa, OG/OT, Humboldt State

11.8%
  1. Nimo

Nimo Member

The 3rd annual ClutchFans Texans mock draft is a lot more complicated this year since the home team has no first round picks. There is even a bigger pool than we had when we picked the 1st two rounds the past two years.

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/index.php...ans-mock-draft-texans-1st-round-v-1-0.281606/
    http://bbs.clutchfans.net/index.php...ans-mock-draft-texans-2nd-round-v-1-0.281751/

To make things easier this year, we'll be selecting from a pool of three players. You don't have to get all 3 players picked in the 3rd round, you just need to get one. I spent a lot of time going through player rankings and mock drafts but you will notice that every group has one player that is unlikely to be available when the Texans pick put for some reason they've been mocked to the Texans. I've also included one player who might be a reach but the Texans might like. For instance, even though Hurst, Noteboom, and Edmunds would be nice haul; the most likely to be picked out of the three is Noteboom. So you might still get a winner if Hurst goes in the 1st round as some have projected.

Good luck!

The NFL draft is about 10 days away!

2. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

I like deshon Elliot but I’ll take Isaiah Oliver & Tyrell Crosby

3. Nimo

Nimo Member

4. Nimo

Nimo Member

5. raining threes

I voted option #1, Love Hurst/Noteboom

But love Okorafor/Bates/Smith option

6. Nimo

Nimo Member

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...smal-nfl-combine-into-hall-of-fame-nfl-career

If Orlando Brown is still available at the top of the 3rd round, I doubt it, Deshaun better be texting Gaine and tweeting like crazy.

7. Nimo

Nimo Member

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...e-mayocks-2018-nfl-draft-position-rankings-30

Which of these guys is most likely to be there in the 3rd for the Texans to pick?

8. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Oliver is a first round talent; if he's there, you rush to get him

I would take Orlando, Elliot, or Hayden as well

Nimo likes this.
  9. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Of course as soon as I find my player he starts flying up in the mocks past our picks. Starting to a few mocks with Brendan Mahon going in the second round.

10. Nimo

Nimo Member

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft...-find-tackle-help-predictions-for-every-pick/

11. Nimo

Nimo Member

12. Nimo

Nimo Member

Had to change my answer to Oneill, Thomas, And Nelson. Seems more realistic now.

13. Nimo

Nimo Member

Only options off the table so far are Hurst and Edmunds.

14. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

Thought this was a new thread :rolleyes:

coachbadlee likes this.
  15. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

They better draft any ranked B1G lineman that is available when they pick. No more facking around with BIG12, PAC12, OL, who turn out flaky as hell. B1G is full of proven OL talent year after year so quit looking for the homerun and get the sure fire talent.

16. rfrocket

rfrocket Member

Still plenty of talent left for the 3rd round.

Ian Thomas, TE, Indiana

Tyrell Crosby, OT, Oregon

Justin Reid, S, Stanford

Orlando Brown, OT, Oklahoma

Carlton Davis, CB, Auburn

Brian O’Neill, OT, Pittsburgh

Rasheem Green, Edge, Southern California

Malik Jefferson, LB, Texas

Jamarco Jones, OT, Ohio State

Ogbonnia Okoronkwo, Edge, Oklahoma

Geron Christian, OT, Louisville

DeShon Elliott, S, Texas