1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2017 Spring Brehs Draft

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by Yung-T, Mar 18, 2017.

1. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

Our old drafts used to take 3-4 weeks, go up to 80+ pages, trades galore, plenty of thought into voting, etc. It was different times.

Yung-T likes this.
  2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Sucks.
    BTW We missed you at the Premier League Fantasy Draft.

3. LCAhmed

Sorry breh, with the new job and being married, my time on here is pretty limited :(

daywalker02 likes this.
  4. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Need to come up with some ideas to spice this up. Activate the breh think tank.

5. Jontro

Jontro Member

white only draft? with coaches (non championship ones)
    no starters?
    all internationals?

and your opponent gets to pick the 5 players in your roster who gets the starters minutes lelz.

6. Jmcballer88

Jmcballer88 Contributing Member

Only Blacks draft

7. Jontro

Jontro Member

not enough players

8. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

35 year olds drafts. you get 35 year old version of whoever you draft.

daywalker02 likes this.
  9. Jontro

Jontro Member

so, kidd, kirby, and half of the spurs team.

10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Fat NBA players

11. LCAhmed

NBA Award winners only (ROY, DPOY, 6th MOY, COY?, MVP, Finals MVP, MIP, All-NBA Teams, All-NBA Defense, etc.)

Or maybe even the inverse of that.

12. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

The inverse would be kinda cool and make drafting, trading, judging more demanding again. No super-teams and maybe more trades, as it will be tougher to find the players you want.
    Feel like we should also go back to the more detailed judging format, everyone was more involved and actively tried to describe strategies for his team.

LCAhmed likes this.
  13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I think the latter would benefit people who can sell things very well. I would propose a numbers game like they do for the Dunk Contest or rating movies. 1-10 ratings.

Mostly from 5 onwards as people won't need 1-4 because everyone's roster will be at least decent. 5-10, could be using 0.5 as well.

14. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

This sounds difficult though, especially when teams are on par. No real way of explaining the difference between a 8 or a 8.5 etc.

In the past, we occasionally did a format where we split the teams into
    Team chemistry:
    Team Offense:
    Inside Scoring:
    Outside Scoring:
    Team Defense:
    Perimeter Defense:
    Post Defense:
    The team that won in more categories would advance.

This of course still has some flaws, but at least it got people actively thinking and more engaged.

Just went through a previous draft and saw me sh**ing on the format lol (check out that draft btw, 104 pages and countless trades etc :( ):
    Maybe change it to a format where we have those or similar categories, but they won't be the deciding factor.

15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Or you could just compare players' Career Highs and Lows in the important columns.

I do not mind some complications as Ahmed said, he would have wanted 50 or more pages.

As we are figuring out the judgment system

As for the 2014 draft, Spooner had Parsons and that was the last time Parsons would have won something in a Fantasy draft.

Changes do happen on the fly.

We could also do a mock draft of college players and players from Europe, Asia, Americas.

People probably would have to go research.

#415 daywalker02, Apr 12, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2017
  16. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

How about this:

Three categories: Offense, Defense, Matchups.

After drafting the teams and starting the matchups, every participant has to describe their roster on offense and defense. This will include things like “I'll play in a run&gun system with heavy switching, backdoor cuts etc. My offense will be focused on 3s, go-to guy is xy who will dominate the ball in the last minutes. He can run the P&R with yx.“

“On defense, I have Shaq to guard the zone, whereas my tall brehs like Bron, Green and George are able to switch on defense and play active help-defense when necessary. They'd be able to play in a zone like the Heat did during Bron's time.“

The third category, matchups, will be based on the current opponent. Brehs will have to explain their line-up and rotation for the matchup/series and explain their emphasize on both ends. This would include things like taking advantage of an opponent's supposed weakness on one end.
    “Tizzle is starting Kyrie and Rudy Gay, so the main focus here would be to take advantage and try to initiate plays for my guards. My PF is perfect for P&R/screens and would try to free up my guards as much as possible.“
    “Dirk and Diaw are able to space the floor, which will draw out Dwight and diminish his impact on defense, I'll also be able to create mismatches this way.“

“On defense, Draymond and Noah will be able to guard effectively vs his stretch bigs, my wings are quite tall and will be able to switch if necessary. Therefore, Dirk and Aldridge won't be as effective.“

Those explanations will basically be pitches, the judges will have to decide based on that.

17. Jmcballer88

Jmcballer88 Contributing Member

The problem is we already know what way everyone drafts so its hard to trade. We need new blood tbh.

18. Jontro

Jontro Member

i like this one most.
    so put numbers (1-10) for each category, then add all the numbers together. the team with the bigger number wins that matchup. it's simple and gets us to think of all aspects.

we can also add more categories such as coaching, injuries/fitness, 4th qtr clutchness, etc.
    at least with injuries/fitness brehs will be more careful when they pick players like grant hill, mergady, yao, rose, amare, bogut, etc.

19. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Really wish Clutch would let us advertise in other sections of the board, with all the idiotic threads it's not like we would drag the quality down or annoy anyone.

20. Jontro

Jontro Member

we could disguise it as a "x-player only thread" and then derail the schitte out of it and start talking about our draft and tag everyone, even the hot bots.

Yung-T likes this.