2017 Smart Phones

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by BiGGieStuFF, Jan 3, 2017.

1. myco

myco Contributing Member

I preordered the Panda 2 XL 64GB. Expected delivery date: November 28-30 :(:mad::eek:o_O

2. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Mine is Nov 22. I have multiple years of experience buying a new phone from the Google store and usually those ship dates are very conservative estimates. Don't be suprised if it gets shipped like 2 weeks before that date.

myco likes this.
  3. OmegaSupreme

OmegaSupreme Contributing Member

dang. :confused: for future reference follow the live chat on droid-life's website. they are very good about postings pre-order links before they're accessible through the google store. also page monitor is your friend.

as a side note... bezel champs:

1. Essential phone - 84.9%

2. Galaxy S8+ - 84%

3. Galaxy S8 - 83.6%

4. Mi Mix - 83.6%

5. Galaxy Note8 - 83.2%

6. iPhone X - 82.9%

7. LG V30 - 81.2%

8. Mi Mix 2 - 80.8%

9. LG G6 - 78.6%

10. Pixel 2 XL - 76.4%

(Not to scale)

myco and ramotadab like this.
  4. OmegaSupreme

went ahead and ordered the pixel 2 xl black and white 128GB. will keep the essential phone as a backup. interested in seeing the updates for it in the next several months. it's already a very nice phone, but i talked myself into believing that only a serviceable camera would do. obviously not since i'm getting a pixel.

i've had more people ask me about this phone in person than any other nexus, pixel, samsung device that i've had in the past combined... so it's definitely a looker. customer service and major delays is the reason it hasn't caught on.

i just chalk this up as me wanting the latest and greatest... not that essential didn't create something that's pretty awesome.

5. BiGGieStuFF

BiGGieStuFF Contributing Member

Hopefully Essential stays true to their word and improves the camera via the upcoming software updates. I know you know about the Pixel camera port, but did you try that or are you too lazy these days? =).

6. OmegaSupreme

too lazy, man. can't be bothered with side-loading apks and individually updating it separate from the playstore. from what i've seen the app is updated pretty often. just don't want to get back into that stuff.