1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2017 Houston Restaurant Weeks

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Sajan, Jul 31, 2017.

1. Sajan

Sajan Member

During HRW, a portion of the customer's bill goes to the Houston Food Band ($7 of the $45 meals, $5 of the $35 meals and $3 of the $20 and $22 meals). To date, the HRW has raised over $9.6 million since if first started in 2008. Those millions have given almost 29 million meals to neighbors in need.

250 participating restaurants and their menus

http://www.houstonrestaurantweeks.com/PrintRestaurantList/

body slam and smitheygerard like this.
  2. K LoLo

K LoLo Member

Recommendations for yalls favorite meals will be appreciated.

3. ohmarioyes

ohmarioyes Member

Food band? U wot m8

4. hvic

hvic Member

I just came from B & B butchers for a birthday dinner and I think that place is overrated when compared to other steakhouse. I order the filet and my gf has the aged bone in ribeye medium rare and the steak was very bland and needed a better sear on the outside. The best thing there is the appetizer sizzlin bacon

5. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

Damn, seven locations...I didn't realize El Tiempo had blown up like that.

6. marky :)

marky :) Member

Agreed. This is exactly how I felt about B & B butchers when I went last year for HRW. Everything was meh but that bacon appetizer was amazing. Don't know if I would go back to B&B even for HRW.

7. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I'm sad One Fifth just closed down their steak concept. Was one of the better steaks I've had.

8. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

You're sad they closed, others are excited about the constant re-imagining. It is what it is.

I'm gonna side with y'alls BOY BigTex on this one, Restaurant Week is for ROOKIES. ;)

9. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I think the concept is cool. Looking forward to going when they re-open.

10. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Ya think it has fallen off a bit the last few years. A ton of chains and cheaper restaurants getting into the mix. Obviously a good cause but seems like every restaurant is just throwing together a caesar salad + cheesecake and charging you more than you'd normally spend there. Not saying you have to eat there but 3 Maggianos, 4 Cyclones, 6 Churrascos, and even Ragin' Cajuns are kinda overkill. Love me some El Tiempo but don't think I'd normally spend $35 on food alone there.

Sajan likes this.
  11. hvic

hvic Member

great steaks are hard to find.