1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2017 "Harden why u do dis" Breh Draft

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by Yung-T, May 31, 2017.

1. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

FTW vs LCAhmed

FTW

Coach: Pat Riley

PG: Chris Paul
    SG: Avery Bradley
    SF: Ron Artest
    PF: LeBron James
    C: Andrew Bogut

Bench:
    Derek Harper
    Jason Richardson
    Richard Jefferson
    Raef LaFrentz
    Tree Rollins

LCAhmed

Coach: Larry Brown

PG:Isiah Thomas
    SG:Kevin Martin
    SF:Andre Iguadola
    PF:Rick Mahorn
    C: Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
    Bench:
    Andre Miller
    Eric Gordon
    Larry Hughes
    Al Harrington
    Anderson Varejao

FTW. Also a tough one. At first glance I thought FTW, then I thought maybe I'm biased towards younger players but in the end I stuck with FTW.

Isiah-Kareem are very nice first two picks.
    I think like Isiah a bit more than CP3, I think CP3 is a better basketball player, but Isiah's personality was infectious, that "Bad Boys" team was a reflection of Isiah personality.

I think it's a good idea to pair Jabbar with a tough infectious leader like Isiah and a tough power forward like Mahorn, because I think Jabbar was a little bit soft.

Ultimately I thought I'd stick with FTW because he can throw so many capable defenders against Isiah - CP3, Bradley, and LeBron/Artest if necessary. Also he has the right type of defenders to put on Jabbar - tough physical mobile. Not just Bogut, but I think LeBron/Artest will help too. I said that I like Mahorn's physicality next to Jabbar, but in a matchup like this, I think the fact that he's not much of a scoring threat hurts a little, because it frees LeBron or Artest to switch and help on Kareem more.

Yung-T and daywalker02 like this.
  2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I dun think Gerald Wall. can check KD doe. Dude showed in the finals this year he could be a Champ and alpha.

3. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Not saying he'll completely keep him in check anyhow, but MJ vs Harden is absolutely brutal and negates KD's impact. Plus the rest of the talent doesn't make up for it.

4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Unfortunately yep. Donatas should have taken Mvp candidates kawhi or wb. Durant still get his.

5. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

I don't understand why my idiot coaches Doc Rivers and Thibodeau keep asking Hardon to defend Jordan. :mad: It's not that hard to ask somebody else to do it.

I''ll fire them in the offseason and hire Mike D'Antoni to improve that defense.

[​IMG]

6. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Ah sh** sorry, didn't see your line-up change and post about the matchup. Will revise my vote and think on it.

7. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

don't worry man, i shouldn't make the next round anyway.

it's a tradition in these drafts that these "last moment" entries are first round cannon meat, just to boost up player numbers.

it's pretty cool that leftovers were good enough to make a decent team that people actually think and take it somewhat seriously. but a loss is expected

daywalker02 likes this.
  8. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Checked your small-ball strategy and indeed think it would win closely.

I've said it before, lwqbulbs offense is absolutely horrible and I can't see any philosophy besides MJ doing everything and setting up Redick for the occasional 3 off a screen.

Vote goes to Donatas. Although I somehow really hope want to see lwqbulb winning this, otherwise the votes on my matchup would make no sense at all and make me lose all confidence on this judging ever working out right.

#1188 Yung-T, Jun 23, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2017
  9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Why so serious? Donuts needs another 2 votes.

10. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Just saying. :p
    At least give me some consistency brehs.

11. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

Jontro vs Daywalker

Jontro

coach: rick carlisle

pg: magical johnson / ricky rubio
    sg: devin booker / harrison barnes
    sf: gordon hayward / chandsome parsons
    pf: kevin mchale / nikola mirotic
    c: nene / marcin gortat

Daywalker

Coach: Rudy T Tomjanovich

PG- Jerry West/ Kenny Smith
    SG- Bradley Beal/ Isaiah Rider
    SF- Giannis Antetokounmpo/ Dennis Scott
    PF- Kristaps Porzingis/ Keith Van Horn
    C- Hakeem Olajuwon/ Swen Nater

Daywalker.

Hmmmpf. I looked at both teams, then I started comparing player to player, starting with backcourts and I liked that matchup for Jontro until I saw Nene/Gortat vs. Hakeem.

if Jontro had a competent defensive center like a Bogut or Tyson Chandler or such, I think i'd pick his team, but Nene vs. Hakeem is too brutal.

I think McHale is very nice in this matchup, I think he actually can defend Porzingis well, or even Giannis if necessary. And on the other end, I think he can cause big problems for these modern kids in the post. McHale used to guard elite scoring small forwards, while playing basically as a 4-5 on offense, an unusal player and a weird matchup for any team.

Overall Jontro has a really nice team with great shooters to recieve Magic's passes, a very nice PF option for this matchup. A mobile team, well built for Magic. But I think Hakeem has a bit too big of an advantage here.

Jontro, daywalker02 and Yung-T like this.
  12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I will run against you for Cpu team next draft, I have my summer planned.

13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Tell bearded breh to lead a team in the playoffs. Could use consistency.

14. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Maybe my German breh Hartenstein will lead us to the promised land. :oops:

daywalker02 likes this.
  15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Swen Nater is underrated here. Dude is one of the best rebounders alltime.

16. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Agree with the rest, but really think Hakeem would defend McHale here. Makes no sense to put him on Nene while sticking Porzingis on McHale.
    Btw that's why I'd like for people to explain their matchup a bit more, so that we can see whether you have an actual plan.

17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I have said I will double team mc hale at times and go at Hayward hard. Booker will get his. My 7fters as young as they are will limit Mchale's output at least by 5 -8 pts.

I would put Kenny instead of porkchops to go small for 12 minutes. I will go fast n furious on them like chile started ag. Germany in the confed cup!

Jerry west not Lin got several all defense team accolades, he will guard magic. I will toss in some zone D to throw him off.

My bench scorers got better averages than barnes,portions, rubio, gortat.

#1197 daywalker02, Jun 23, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2017
    Yung-T likes this.
  18. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

Cool. We should have multiple CPU teams.

My summer will be basically work work work, 1 person has quit, 1 is on medical leave, many have vacations in July. It's getting silly. I'll probably be the CPU team until August, if there are drafts. :cool:

19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I researched, Magical Johnson isn't proficient at making the three pointer. He had couple decent seasons but he isn't among the best or the very good ones. This will limit his team.

20. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

Maybe. I think Porzingis is maybe too soft, Nene is a really strong explosive dude, he can roll and finish and will be getting passes from the best, also he could post up ok, and was pretty good at getting offensive rebounds. I think he might look like a mini Shaq if guarded by a scrawny kid.