1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2017] Cancelled Shows

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Rocket River, Dec 2, 2016.

1. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

The Leftovers is intriguing and I watch it, but it's not all that.

That's the only show on that list that I watch. I've tried to watch others but they didn't hold my attention. Specifically Powers. That show was a mess.

2. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

Banshee I liked and thought was done very well. If you don't like a LOT of violence though steer clear. I will say each season was successively weaker than the previous, but that would not stop me from watching them. Never saw Penny Dreadful, was not disappointed with the end of it though the way I was with say Dexter.

Orphan Black hasn't aired their last season yet. My assumption from their announcements in this years season is that they went into and filmed next season knowing it was the end and planned accordingly. If someone knows I'm wrong here, please correct me.

MoonBus likes this.
  3. Phreak3

Phreak3 Contributing Member

Only one I'll miss is Bloodline. It starts really slow, so maybe that turned people off. Second season had a crazy ending though. At least they'll have a chance to wrap it up properly.

4. Juxtaposed Jolt

Heard the Leftovers was a really well-acted show. Orphan Black is the only show I care about. And I guess Conviction, but that's more about my obsession with Hayley Atwell than the show itself, lol.

5. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

Leftovers wasn't cancelled. They had planned only 3 seasons for creative reasons. The Leftovers creator Damon Lindelof didn't want to go through the same thing as he did with his previous show Lost which ran for too many seasons.

6. Svpernaut

Svpernaut Contributing Member

Bloodline and The Leftovers are the only shows I cared about. Bloodline should have ended after the excellent first season. Can't really say more than that because of spoilers. The Leftovers is the best show on TV that you aren't watching, and it isn't really a cancellation. The original story was only meant to be 3-4 seasons to begin with and they are wrapping in three seasons.

7. kidcave9

kidcave9 Contributing Member

No adventure time!!

8. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Because of this thread, I watched the first 4 episodes of Leftovers and it's interesting so far. Kinda weird.

9. Svpernaut

Svpernaut Contributing Member

Each season is kind of like a "WTF" for 90% of the season, and then the way it all comes together in the final episode, is brilliant.

10. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

I liked the first season of bloodlines. Need to watch the 2nd.

Workaholics is a nice turn off the brain comedy.

Other than that I havne't seen any of the others

11. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

The first season of Bloodline was very good. I got thru half of S2E1 and gave up.

12. jsingles

jsingles Member

They tried to copy the masterpiece of the Uncle Buck TV show but couldn't do it.

You just can't top this.

13. rhino17

rhino17 Member

A lot of these shows were not cancelled, they are just ending for creative reasons or otherwise

14. Supermac34

Supermac34 President, Von Wafer Fan Club

Adventure Time kind of surprises me as it has been a pop culture hit, but you still get two more seasons through 2018, so maybe it will be time to end the run. It actually surprised me that it has been out since 2010...I had not realized it has had such a long run so far.

15. conquistador#11

Anyone watching "The exorcist"? hope it gets a season 2. It's creepy as hell. so much that after binge watching last night, I had a sinister dream and woke up laughing. Funny how the mind plays tricks on people. But if I do get possess, I hope it's a female demon with the body of paula patton or amy adams. cool demonic story, bro.

I liked it more than preacher and outcast.

16. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

"Banshee" was awesome. Too bad it ran its course and ended.

I also really enjoy "Rectify"...which is nearing its end with the last episode next Wednesday.

17. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Going to miss Black Sails. But it was said this would be the final season.

The last season was solid.