1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2017-2018] Jeremy Lin as a backup point guard on the Brooklyn Nets

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by swyyyguy, Jun 21, 2017.

1. yoeddy

yoeddy Contributing Member

Morey admitted to his racial bias towards Lin:

“He lit up our model,” said Morey. “Our model said take him with, like, the 15th pick in the draft.” The objective measurement of Jeremy Lin didn’t square with what the experts saw when they watched him play; a not terribly athletic Asian kid. Morey hadn’t completely trusted his model - and so had chickened out and not drafted Lin. A year after the Houston Rockets failed to draft Jeremy Lin, they began to measure the speed of a player’s first two steps: Jeremy Lin had the quickest first move of any player measured. He was explosive and was able to change direction far more quickly than most NBA players. “He’s incredibly athletic,” said Morey. “But the reality is that every **** person, including me, thought he was unathletic. And I can’t think of any reason for it other than he was Asian.”

https://www.netsdaily.com/2017/3/14/14925994/morey-bias-played-a-role-in-lin-not-being-drafted

rm365 likes this.
  2. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Morey also admitted to him being a mistake prone bonehead, when he made that comment to Les and also why he was dumped.

Athletism wasn't Airemy's problem.

His basketball IQ, decision making, and his erratic play was the problem. Didn't help that he played a position that can't really afford those deficiencies.

He is a scrub who thinks he is better than he really is. Just like you and other LOFs do.

He isn't rotting on the Nets because he is Asian. It's because he is a scrub and a mental midget.

Yes, Rockets dumped him when they realized the guy is a liability. But they were also the ones that gave him a juicy contract.

But keep playing that pathetic racism card...

Lulz...

#462 Zboy, Aug 14, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2017
  3. VanityHalfBlack

Why don't you guys meet in person and just duke it out?

rm365 and Daddy Long Legs like this.
  4. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

or better yet just stop posting and leave CF altogether :D

5. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

why? LOF need be deleted. No confrontation, just
    DELETED FROM CLUTCHFANS
    ERASED.
    YOUR IP HAS BEEN BANNED.

6. tinman

Supporting Member

LOFs do that when they can't argue basketball.

They even called Clutch racist and me too. The true reason? Clutch and I have met Lin. Clutch interviews him so they were jealous of his proximity to their god.

I was at his movie premiere, I should have figured out back then why a dude has a movie about himself so early in his career.
    Even in his movie, he talks about his bonehead mistakes. Yet his own followers don't believe he makes mistakes.

FTW Rockets FTW and Zboy like this.
  7. tinman

Supporting Member

I want a giant monster to crush the LOFs

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Daddy Long Legs likes this.
  8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Concentrating on an enigma that has been mostly gone and for long.

They would make fabulous fake world leaders :rolleyes:

9. tinman

Supporting Member

Dude.
    It's a ploy not to get banned.

think about this logically.
    He said he was a die hard Nets fan, then decided to be a LOF and follow Lin to every team and unfortunately every discussion board for each team.

A hard core team fan values his team over any individual.

He's the same as all of them:

Lin - good
    Lin - not bad
    Lin - not fault
    Lin - will be better
    Lin - leader
    Lin - inspiration

etc

it's falls under any of these responses.

10. tinman

Supporting Member

Dude shut up
    If you didn't read the dude who says Lin is better than Beverly and Thomas
    then you are just trolling this thread as bad they are

11. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

Breh, will you ever learn how to spell Beverley's last name correctly? Got damn.

12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I wasn't even saying it was you.... talking about taking the bait where there was none......well.

If you feel addressed, might as well be .... lost your cool, eh?

1 post does not make it trolling .... but your 100+ posts is an entirely own narrative.

#472 daywalker02, Aug 14, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2017
  13. tinman

Supporting Member

when LOF go on Clutchfans and mention they join a bunch of team fan sites for Lin, that's trolling.
    Then everything they say about it's never Lin's fault for anything.
    That's trolling.

14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

On the ignore list you can troll.

15. Cranberry_Juice

16. yoeddy

I don't believe in violence.

17. yoeddy

You left out the part where Ratner moved the Nets out of my NJ hometown to Brooklyn, causing me to turn on the team and stop being a fan. And I never decided to be a LOF...just a Lin fan until I could find another team which I could get behind. If Lin had stayed a Hornet, I probably would have gotten behind that team more...I actually really liked the original Hornets with Grandmama, Mugsy and Zo, so I already had some hats and stuff. And the coach, teammates, owner (legendary) and fans all seemed to like and support Lin, so that was good. But Kemba (who was a great teammate to Lin) deserved the spotlight there, so Lin went to Brooklyn...and since Ratner is no longer an owner, I have decided to give them another shot. In fact, I'm going to Barclay Center tomorrow for their open house and to sign up for a ticket package for this coming season.

And in terms of my Nets fandom, it was well-earned. I started being a fan when Mookie Blaylock and Sam Bowie were the core, endured Derrick "Whoop De Dam Do" Coleman and Chris Morris, cried when Dragon died, actually liked Kendall Gill, developed my hatred for Stephon Marbury, had a great time getting to the NBA Finals with Jason Kidd despite Bryon Scott, saw Lawrence Frank at my local movie theater, was massively disappointed with Yi Jianlian (and actually saw the live game between Yi and Yao when Houston came to town), laughed when BKN gave away the farm to Boston, and am now willing to support the team as they try to recover from that.

As far as my POV on Lin, you forgot to add all the parts where I agreed that he was better suited to come off the bench in Houston, that he was clearly not worth the $15M on the final year of his contract, and that the Rockets were right to trade him at that point. I've never claimed that he is an All-Star...much of my fandom for him, other than his being a fellow Asian-American and Ivy Leaguer, is the fact that he has been an underdog...that everything he gets is because he works for it, fights for it. Like MDA says, he has the talent to be a good NBA player, and a specific set of skills that when put in the right system has the ability to be great (like he was with the Knicks).

18. tinman

Supporting Member

You joined during the end of lins tenure
    Like the other LOFs

Then you admit to joining team sites that lin was a part of

Nets fans don't do that.

The other reason for your constant need for response that lin is that insecure fans are insecure about their favorite player being criticized

You plan on doing this on all these team sites

And the reason you are constantly here is that other team sites have rules against LOF

19. yoeddy

At the point where I joined other teams' sites, I was not a Nets fan. Ratner had stabbed me in the gut by moving my hometown team to Brooklyn. And yes, I "admitted" joining team sites that Lin was a part of...I have never been intentionally deceitful or dishonest here and offered up that information on my own. Sure, I forgot that signed up for "a couple" of Lakers sites instead of just 1, but that kind of detail appears to be more important to you than it is to me.

And yes, I joined this site near the end of Lin's time with the Rockets. As I've mentioned many times before, I only learned of this site around that time...and that prior to that, I had spent more of my time on Chron.com (started at Chron.com when Yao was on the team). However, compared to other teams' sites, this by far is the most active about discussing Lin...this is why I'm still here. Lakers and Hornets fans rarely talk about Lin. Rockets fans here appear to love talking about him, so I am here. It's August (off-season) with nothing much happening with Lin, yet this is probably the most active thread I visit, basketball or not.

In terms of my "constant need for response", I like talking about Lin and basketball. But you are the one who decides not to read when I post an agreement about a criticism about him.

I don't plan on "doing this" at all. I just go where the conversation is.

20. Cranberry_Juice

[​IMG]