1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2016 Summer League

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Jun 21, 2016.

1. ShutURBiG!

ShutURBiG! Contributing Member

If I recall correctly, Chandler Parsons played a few minutes in one game during the 2013 off-season

2. D-rock

D-rock Member

Beasley may not play the entire summer league, coaches will evaluate. I understand your concern, but this is a good thing, a culture builder that will pay dividends in the regular season. Keep the faith.

3. StrawberryJamm

Beasley should use this to go out there and set the young guys up, he needs to work on his passing and decision making, everyone knows he can score.

4. OTMax

OTMax Member

Really excited to see Gary Payton, please don't cut this guy!!

5. D-rock

D-rock Member

He, Capela and KJ need to spend all their free time with Oppenheimer.

6. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

They can also choose to go. Bev chose to do it after his 2nd year, and I want to say DMo voluntarily went one summer too. I always respect that decision.

7. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

maybe Morey's showcasing Beasley for a trade?

8. Coach E

Coach E Member

Very unlikely. Summer league is more of a opt-in for vet guys.

9. topfive

topfive CF OG

Wow. Seriously? :eek:

Beasley isn't pushing the best players off the summer league roster, he's pushing the very last person off. The odds of that person ever playing in the NBA are probably 100,000 to 1. I'd much rather have Beasley out there working with the new coaching staff and learning the system than have some Division III 3rd-team All-American showcasing himself to try to carve out a D-League career.

People here jump on Morey for the stupidest things.
    <BR>

10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It's good to see Beasley on the Summer League roster, I hope he gets some playing time in order to see if he can even stop those players from scoring on him at will.

11. malakas

malakas Member

The Rockets personel don't only pay attention to their own SL roster. If someone else stands out form another SL roster they can get give him a contract. Beasly doesn't steal anyone's else position. Besides do you know how few form the SL players actually make it?

12. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

is summer league more for evaluation or development?

if it's the former, you wouldn't let Capela/Beasley take minutes from other players

13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I would argue you still need to evaluate Beasley. If he adequately defends someone in Summer League it might be the first time we've ever seen it and it would show development of his game.

14. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

Where can I watch these games live?

Will there be a youtube stream?

15. malakas

malakas Member

It is for introducing the rookies to some kind of NBA level games lol and give a chance of the D-leaguers , internationals if they do well to get an invite to a training camp and make the roster of one team.

16. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

I doubt Beasley plays enough to deprive the other guys of their opportunity. I think Bev only played a game and a half or so (and limited minutes) when he volunteered for Orlando SL.

17. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

NBA TV and/or WatchESPN (ESPN 3)