1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2016 Smart Phones

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by BiGGieStuFF, Mar 9, 2016.

1. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Anybody play around with a LeEco?

ramotadab likes this.
  2. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

I returned mine before the 15 days was up, smooth process, sent it off on a Wednesday, and got the refund the following Tuesday

Coming from a 6P, too much to adjust with the non-favorable skin, certain settings to just even get notifications, and has some funky settings to let the battery last long where it didn't update my stats on my Huawei Android Wear Watch. Loved the battery life and smoothness of the OS, but having issues with the Bluetooth AFTER a software update steered me away to return it. Looking into getting the OnePlus 3T or just wait it out till Galaxy S8 comes out

ramotadab and donkeypunch like this.
  3. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

They have a super optimized battery routine. They pretty much kill anything using battery so notifications barely work. Its a trade off.

4. jchu14

jchu14 Contributing Member

I have a Le Pro 3 and I like it so far. It's definitely not a novice friendly phone. You'll need to tweak the notification setting for each individual app or the notification would be suppressed and aggressive battery management would kill apps. Once the settings are tweaked, I haven't had any issues with missing notification or alarms. The speed and smoothness of the phone is fantastic. The FP reader is mediocre in speed, but fairly accurate. Battery life is incredible and build quality is superb. Dual speakers is significantly better than my Oneplus 2's down firing speaker. I use an app called 'Power Toggle', to add quick setting controls to the notification pull down menu which helped a lot in usability.

ramotadab likes this.
  5. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

I think most users would prefer to opt in on notifications. Plenty of people just have their phones beeping at them all the time from 20 different apps. When anyone around me has WeChat i put their phone on Do Not Disturb if possible.

6. ramotadab

ramotadab Member

I have the LeEco Le S3. Had it for about 6 weeks now. Battery life is great. Fingerprint reader is a bit slow. The phone tends to freeze up every couple of days. Camera is decent. It handles multitasking pretty well for a Snapdragon 652 processor. The Snapdragon 652 definitely compares to the Snapdragon 810 in terms of performance. Coming from a Sony Xperia Z5 Compact with Snapdragon 810 with 2 GB of RAM this phone is noticeably faster performance wise.
    I had to make Google Now my default launcher because there is no way I could have stuck with the default launcher. Overall it is good product and especially for the price I paid, $150 during the flash sale, I can not complain. I see myself using it for at least a couple of more months until the next Chinese company makes their American arrival.

donkeypunch likes this.
  7. fba34

fba34 Contributing Member

Ordered the Asus Zenfone 3 (SD 625, 4/64GB). Was considering the cheap Mi5 (SD 820) and the Sharp Z2 (Mediatek X20), but figured mom doesnt need the fastest of processors.

8. Rox11

Rox11 Member

Aaaannnnnd just like that I'm returning the axon and went and got me a iPhone 6s Plus last night.

Axon was a major headache! Not smooth at all, hesitations all over the place throughout most apps and heats up very quickly, and don't get me started on that battery life! Loving the iPhone (first iPhone) I think android has officially lost my faith in them and me as a customer.

ramotadab likes this.
  9. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

I don't think you can fairly judge the Android OS based solely on the Axon, which isn't even the best Android phone out there. That's like saying,

"I just signed up for Clutchfans because I'm a Rockets fan and I want to talk Rockets!" only to find out 30 minutes later "I'm leaving this place. I read a bunch of posts by some guy name DaDakota and if he's the best representative of what goes on here I'm out!".

10. Rox11

Rox11 Member

^lmao ouch. Thing is I've always had androids and they always behave the same way. Hesitant, bad battery life, heat up etc. This is my first iPhone and it is ridiculously smooth (I know its a top of the line phone) but they have always excelled over competitors in software

11. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

There's absolutely nothing wrong with the iPhone. I went through about 3-4 generations of them and they all work as designed. It's like the Lexus of smartphones.

The thing about Android as you already know I'm sure is that there are so many variations of hardware running the OS that it doesn't operate at optimum levels. Using a moto x pure right now I can see how great Android can be when manufacture or carrier bloatware isn't in play. I'd get the Android phone but can't justify the price.

12. ubigred

ubigred Contributing Member

Samsung Galaxy A9 Pro
    6inch screen
    5,000mah
    Microsd slot
    Dual sim
    Grace UI

Marvelous phone!

#532 ubigred, Dec 14, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2016
  13. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I have the Axon, and I've thought about returning it, too. Just because of minor quirks and just ho hum battery life. It's been okay, but not as impressive as the OnePlus One I was coming from.

Battery life has improved a little for me, though.

I like the expandable storage and still can't believe that other manufacturers don't put that into phones anymore.

I think I'll keep it though.

14. CJLarson

CJLarson Member

Sooooo...Galaxy S7, Pixel or OnePlus 3T?

15. trustme

trustme Member

Oneplus has been an amazing experience. Switched from an iPhone after years of worsening user experience. I think oneplus has done a great job on the software side keeping it as close to stock android as possible.

16. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

S7 Edge is the best phone I have ever used, and this is coming from a Note 4.

17. fba34

fba34 Contributing Member

Would be more of a statement if you went from using the latest iphone to the S7 Edge :D

18. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

I did try it out in stores.

I just can't fathom moving away from AMOLED screens though. AMOLED is the dealbreaker.

19. Rox11

Rox11 Member

I am loving The iPhone more and more, becoming fanboyish almost. It just so smooth! Now there are some things that are making me annoyed but I still would rather be annoyed on an iPhone rather then an android. However coming from an android I miss some things.

Fingerprint scanner - very slow and frustrating, scanner has to be clean as does your finger! Androids was definitely much much faster and under any situation.

Transitions - things such as setting up a wallpaper requires you to go into settings instead of just a simple long press, or when selecting pictures in photos I have to press the select button...

YouTube - I wish like on my android when I broadcast to my tv I used to get the play/pause button on my lock screen. Also why does broadcast only work on Apple TV everywhere besides YouTube?

20. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member