1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2016 NBA Draft, The Rockets pick...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ballgame, Jun 3, 2016.

1. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

Your severely underrating hardens game.

He's been top 5 in win shares every year in Houston.

I can almost guarntee both those guys you named won't ever produce even one season that good let alone 4 in a row. In fact those guys prob both won't make an Allstar game or be all NBA 3rd team let alone 2x 1st team.

I get it it's easy to hate on harden right now we underachived this season big time but to act like some rookies are going to come in and do what hardens been doing for 4 seasons now and winning more games over a 4 year stretch then any player since Hakeem.

Harden put up 20/5/5 in college leading his team to the ncaa tournament he had a well rounded offesnive game. Neither Murray who's raw and heid has that type of game.

2. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

For a top 5 superstar? Basically. Are you betting the farm that Ben Simmons will be better than James Harden?

3. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Both the Rockets and 76ers would not do that.

4. SC1211

SC1211 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Ah CBL, who once famously said he wouldn't trade Jeremy Lamb, Royce White, and Terrence Jones for Anthony Davis because "3 potentials > 1 potential"

5. ballgame

ballgame Member

In the words of the infamous FRED G. SANFORD!!!!! ARE YOU CRAZY????

This draft is a Good Draft, not a Great Draft! If this was the 2006 NBA Draft w/ LeBron, Melo, Wade, etc. yes! You knew those players were going to be cornerstone players. The top players in this draft all have question marks.

Harden still has a good 7 yrs, if not longer, the way he plays.....STOP TRYING TO TRADE HIM!:rolleyes:

6. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Ron Baker may one of the picks.

7. ballgame

ballgame Member

First of all, the Rockets need to hit in this draft! Per Daryl Morey, there are 50 good players in this draft. So with that being said, we need one, if not two! For the record like I said when I started this post, I like Petre Corneile and Brandon Austin.

Second, we need to get a player in trade, outside of Harden who can score and who is a playmaker. Since we don't have a lot of assets, we need to think realistic. I would trade Brewer, Harrell and Ariza for Rudy Gay and Collison. I think that would increase our scoring punch in the starting lineup and give us a quality starting point guard....SORRY BEVERLY.

Third, we need to sign Ryan Anderson!! Point blank, period! Also, I think if we can't keep Howard, I would go hard, hard after Joakim Noah. But I think the a starting lineup below can compete in the West;

Howard or Noah/Capela/D-Mo
    Anderson/Beasley/Petre
    Gay/Dekker/?
    Harden/McDaniel/?
    Collison/Beverly/Austin

8. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Hield: 25- 6- 2

Murray: 20- 5- 2

9. sefril

sefril Member

LOL. i like your [CBL] observation. also with your T-Jones 'lesser Howard' opinion. and of course, the famous '3>1 potential' quote.

:grin::grin:

10. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Don't read the news much, do you?

11. basketballholic

If nothing better came along I'd do that deal too provided gay dropped his player option for 17-18.

12. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

He's referring to the fact that Collison got done for Domestic Violence.

After the Lawson fiasco, I don't want any more knuckleheads.

13. basketballholic

I know what he's referring to. Brewer is our knucklehead. I'd rather pay Collison one more season than brewer for two more seasons.

This trade is a 2017 salary dump if gay agreed to opt out. Kings would most likely say no.

14. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

You guys are stuck in the past.

15. roslolian

roslolian Member

If you have 1M, then someone offers you two black boxes for that 1M and says each black box would contain up to 1M would you do it?

Harden is a sure thing, he's a top 5 superstar in the league. Why would you trade him for unknowns who could turn out to be as good as him in 5 years? A straight up trade for Okafor vs Harden is a massive downgrade, Okafor will never be a top 5 player like Harden is now. So really you are betting Ben Simmons will be better than Harden in 5 years, what kind of odds are that? LMAO! Simmons has the same effort, intensity questions as Harden btw, the only difference is even with these questions Harden is universally considered a superstar while you don't even know if Simmons will become Gay 2.0. What if you end up trading Harden for the poor man's version of Demarcus Cousins and Rudy Gay JR? What a dumb trade that would be! Personally I think Ingram is even better than Simmons.

You only trade Harden if he says he wants out, because then you have no choice.

16. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

And who then told me to "not whim out" and delete my sig when his prediction comes true. Good ol' CBL.

17. Chamillionaire

Simmons looks lackadaisical when he's playing. Doesn't have a jumper either. He is a good rebounder though.

18. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

I'd give Mike D'Antoni this list and tell him to pick his favorite:

Chris Levert
    Gary Payton II
    Yogi Ferrell
    Marcus Paige
    Isaiah Taylor

19. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

We trade into the mid-1st round and draft Wade Baldwin (the 2nd best point guard in this draft).

20. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

I don't know if anyone is a reliable source about the draft, because all sports journalists are hearing half-truths and lies, but Steve Kyler put out there that certain draft picks are in play: "Add Indiana (20) to the pile of picks available in trade. 3, 6,12, 20, 22, 27, 28 all said to be available. Some teams just not finding guys."

Boston of course would rather add a young veteran. New Orleans would rather do the same, I'm sure. Utah doesn't surprise me: looking at young veterans.

Wouldn't surprise me if a lot of these picks are in play, but that's probably true every year.

Seems like there's talent in this draft, sure, but more of the 7th-or-8th man variety (after the lottery). Still, teams need those guys, too, and draft picks are coveted because they mean cheap, locked-in players. So teams are reluctant to part with them. Don't know if we'll get into the first round.

#140 ROXTXIA, Jun 21, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2016