1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2016-2017] Jeremy Lin as a Brooklyn Net

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., Jul 1, 2016.

1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Your not a rockets fan
    You even stated that

2. yoeddy

yoeddy Contributing Member

Yup. Doesn't mean I don't care about the team. That said, I am not a Harden or Morey fan, so I don't care too much about the current team.

3. SunsRocketsfan

only reason you are not a harden or morey fan is because in your delusional mind you feel harden or Morey mistreated Lin. While I agree Morey and Harden are a bit dry from a personality perspective but the Rockets are contenders and they are they have been the cornerstone of it's success. What's there not to like or root for?

4. toycannon

toycannon Member

You should like Harden more this season because he kind of reinvented himself as a player and buy in on D'antoni system for the team. He's like Lin during Linsanity but X100....lol

5. tinman

Supporting Member

Nobody mistreated Lin in Houston, not his teammates, not the organization and not the fans

Lin mistreated many basketball possessions that's why he's gone

His fans are still bitter about everything because they too delusional to figure out it was him

6. tinman

Supporting Member

Lin fans don't like other players that were vastly superior to Lin and they also don't like Lin for basketball reasons.
    you know this.

7. toycannon

toycannon Member

Lin mistreated all of clutchfan in the portland series by not calling a timeout and missing an easy layup...lol

#1827 toycannon, Mar 24, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2017
  8. tinman

Supporting Member

getting ball stolen by mo williams

9. yoeddy

No. I don't like Harden because of his strip club habits. Not a classy guy. I don't like Money because he seems like a shifty kind of guy...

10. yoeddy

Harden as a player is great. Not a fan of him as a person.

toycannon likes this.
  11. yoeddy

Also, no, I don't think that Morey mistreated Lin. He gave a reasonable and appropriate non-superstar contract to Lin, and made a good basketball decision to get Harden when he had the opportunity. And no problem with the team committing to Harden and deciding that Lin was expendable because of poor fit. I just think that Morey is kind of a shifty guy (low character)...treats the team like trading cards instead of people.

I do think that McHale mistreated Lin...but McHale's issues were more about being a bad coach in general than anything else.

12. tinman

Supporting Member

you must hate every nba player than if you think not going to strip clubs is a qualification for fandom.

by the way, if you weren't here, nobody would bump this thread. Lin didn't even have a noteworthy game.

Morey gave Lin a monster contract and realized he made a mistake because the production was awful.

13. toycannon

toycannon Member

I do feel McHale never bought in on giving Lin the keys to his offense because he was always playing down on his Linsanity time with the Knicks. Plus I believe it was a slap on his face when Morey signed Lin back since it was McHale and his coaches that cut by lin just before linsanity hit NY. Once we traded for Harden it was an easy choice to build the team around him over lin.

14. tinman

Supporting Member

well.. the airballs, mid air jump passes to the other team, the shooting slumps, the timely injuries like a bruised chest in the playoffs, the lack of court awareness, the failure to notice the shot clock , terrible playoff performances
    were the reasons he got demoted

though he got fired, McHale did coach a team to the WCF, no Lin

15. yoeddy

Actually, no...the reason he got "demoted" was because the team was making a strong commitment to Harden, and Beverley's 3-and-D strength were a better fit to play with Harden while Lin's playmaking ability was a better fit to lead the 2nd unit. As McHale said, both are starting-quality players, and the decision was to help make the team better...and I agreed with that. Where I see McHale mistreating Lin was in the pressers and interviews when Lin was taking a lot of arrows publicly, McHale could have done what a good coach does and cover his players' back...but McHale never did that for Lin. I also think that McHale had a pretty short leash on Lin, but the 28min/game he was getting coming off the bench probably means that McHale actually did like Lin as a player (despite what you wrote above).

As far as making the WCF without Lin, are you saying that none of the other changes to the team (eg. Ariza, Terry, Smith, etc) had anything to do with it? Or the maturing of Harden's game? Or the departure of Parsons? You're saying that all of those were a wash, and the only difference between the teams was Lin's departure?

16. tinman

Supporting Member

Lin's 2 playoff appearances with the Rockets sealed his fate.

Harden has nothing to do with Lin getting demoted. You really think they were going to build a team around Jeremy Lin?
    That would be the worst idea in the history of history.

McHale never mistreated Lin.
    What's McHale going to say when Lin jacks up an airball or makes a critical turnover that causes the Rockets to lose?

The truth is Lin can't handle the pressure when he was in Houston, even though I don't think it was that much pressure.
    Lin got lots of support in Houston, he just sucked

17. toycannon

toycannon Member

Lin was the MVP in the Portland Playoff Series....for Portland...lol

Lin seem to be in the right place now in Brooklyn.....he has improved since the days with us....the Nets are alot better when he plays and their coach loves him.

18. tinman

Supporting Member

There's no pressure playing for the Nets, just like there was no pressure when he played for the Knicks that year.
    When you play for a team like Houston, which has higher goals, then there's lots of pressure on you.

19. toycannon

toycannon Member

yeah, those franchises are jokes!!! Giving Boston 3 first rounders for wash up players...wow

20. yoeddy

No, they were not going to build a team around Lin (although Morey did tell Jeremy that when he signed...should have realized that a $8M/year contract is not superstar money and that they just wanted him to start). But had they signed a superstar PF or C instead of a superstar SG, there's no question that the Rockets would want Lin to be the one distributing the ball to them (instead of Beverley).

McHale did not have Lin's back like a good coach should. And even then, he played Lin 28mpg off the bench, so he clearly thought Lin helped them more than hurt them.

Lin handled the pressure fine in Houston. In the playoffs, he left the court with a lead and less than a second on the clock after holding Lillard to zero points in the 4th quarter. Wasn't his fault the players on the court messed up an assignment and gave Lillard a wide open 3.