1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2016-2017] Donatas Motiejunas as a New Orleans Pelican

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Snow Villiers, Jan 1, 2017.

1. vator

vator Contributing Member

Don't sell DMo short. That man is a super role player and nobody and I mean nobody can box out like that man. His 2 points are worth more than Montrezl Harrell and Terrence Jones' 2 points because...well they just are. Don't question it. Plus he's 7 feet tall. Nevermind the fact that he doesn't really play big. Doesn't translate in rebounds, blocked shots, and dunks, but that doesn't really matter. He's tall.

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

You guys are funny - the point was he was an asset for this team, that we let walk for nothing. And, he is one that fit perfectly. I am happy also we are doing so well, but if you think this roster holds up in the playoffs being so short, you are wrong.

DD

emcitymisfit likes this.
  3. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

DMo's height wouldn't make a difference any more than Bargnani's did for any of the teams he was on. Your scouting report on DMo is two years out of date. He wouldn't play over anyone in the rotation on this team.

YOLO likes this.
  4. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Tall guys who play short are the key to post season wins.

blahblehblah likes this.
  5. YOLO

YOLO Member

An asset? Lol. He became a 100% liability with all the unnecessary drama he made upon himself and the team especially for being such a mediocre player. Guys welcomed the opportunity and ran away with it leaving dmo way in the dust. Once again not missed at all and probably worked out for the best for this team for sure. Now for dmo on the other hand not so much. He put himself is a very tough position as far as his future. Sucks for him

6. opticon

opticon Member

I am legidemently happy Dmo is not on this team. We simply don't have space in the rotation. Dekker is showing that the more minutes he gets the more we can produce.

The three headed Monster of trez, Nene and Capella is killing it at the 5. Dekker, Ariza, Brewer and Anderson are taking up the minutes at the 3/4.

Dmo would be glued to the Bench right now if he was with the Rockets. The pelicans offer a much better opportunity for him to show what he has left.

SamFisher likes this.
  7. vator

vator Contributing Member

Seems like Terrence Jones is turning out to have been more of an asset that we lost for nothing yet strangely no complaints about that for some reason. Lost Dwight Howard for nothing too.

I wouldn't have minded to see T. Jones in a real offense with real coaching. He is more skilled than Trez. He can handle the ball, better rebounder, better passer off the dribble, better 3 point shooter...that said, he's gone. Gave him up for nothing and we could have kept him at a bargain basement price. I'm not crying about it though because Trez just brings something TJ and DMo never consistently did and if they're here, the monster is probably glued to the bench. I didn't mind the Marcus Morris and Patrick Patterson trades because I felt like DMo and TJ were ready to step up. They played well at times, but they're nothing special. Solid role players...nothing more.

Now it's Capela, Harrell and Dekker's turn to get their chance. So far...so good and at a fraction of the price. All 3 combined make less than what we were about to pay DMo and he isn't better than them. Doesn't matter right now, but it will as we look to fill out the rest of this roster. That 7/8 million dollars would have been a hindernce for a guy that doesn't really make you that much better if it all.

#447 vator, Jan 22, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2017
  8. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

And that point was 2 years ago, pre-injury
    = his present value

9. DaDakota

If he continues to play that way the rest of the year, it will be right, but I think he is just shaking off rust...and waiting for his opportunity.

DD

10. SamFisher

So basically if things you said were right, instead of wrong, you'd be vindicated!

Pen15clubber likes this.
  11. DaDakota

If that makes you happy - I still believe he is knocking off the rust, and we let him go for nothing.

We don't have to agree.

DD

12. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Dmo! The key to a championship formulaaaaaaa

13. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

I don't rebound fam, I just box out

Houstunna likes this.
  14. SamFisher

We let him go for nothing because he was deemed to be worth nothing by the National Basketball Association

This is why he is a bench warmer on a bad team playing for the veteran minimum.

15. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

2points/0reb/0assist/knows his rights

Amel, Codman and dmoneybangbang like this.
  16. dmoneybangbang

We actually traded him for a first round pick.

vator likes this.
  17. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

You've admitted in the past that you are unqualified to be a GM and this is part of the reason why. You can't be objective about players. You'll always insist that DMo is completely healthy and that his poor play is just knocking off rust. He's been knocking off the rust for a year now. He didn't look like himself last year or now. If he were everything you said, he wouldn't be playing for a horrible team, for the veteran minimum, having no impact.

roslolian, Codman and Pen15clubber like this.
  18. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

True story:

When I played t-ball, I one time hit the ball and just stood there. Everyone was cheering me on and telling me to run to first base. But I just stood there, and announced, "I just hit the ball - I don't run."*

I imagine DMo said something similar to his teammates Re: boxouts/rebounding.

*I don't remember any of this, but my mom and dad insist it actually happened.

SamFisher and Pen15clubber like this.
  19. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

I think he fits the Rockets system a certain way. I'm impartial to DMo but think he would have helped the Rockets within their system.

20. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

But, but, he was 2-2 on 3 pointers his first two games.