1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including KD vs. Ant and the star-studded Clippers-Mavericks matchup

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

[2016-17] Dwight Howard as an Atlanta Hawk

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., Jul 1, 2016.

1. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Yep lets compare some athlete coming here to Domestic Violence.

2. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Would you rather me use the "side chick" analogy instead? It's still a self esteem/self respect issue.

Just because Dwight "chose us" doesn't give him agency to act like a chump.

#762 DreamShook, Apr 27, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2017
  3. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

4. Fantasma Negro

I was watching that game last night and kept asking myself "where is Dwight?" Dude is a straight up liability and the sad thing is, this is only the first year of his contract, the Hawks have three more years of this to look forward to lol

5. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

I don't understand this. He started to decline. First two years he was pretty good. He was always good to the fans. Better then any athlete other than JJ Watt.

roslolian and Pen15clubber like this.
  6. thedude077

thedude077 Member

Let's be honest here, Dwight Howard is a hero for the Rockets. Because of him the Rockets fired Mcfail, who was a bad coach, and also because of Dwight the Rockets didn't signed garbage Bazemore. Now the Rockets are the 3rd seed, have the 3rd best record in the league, and the Beard is having an MVP season. All thanks to Dwight Howard for getting Mcfail fired and leaving Houston.

7. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I'm not a fan of Dwight Howard (anymore), but there are legitimate reasons why you can still like him as a player and person. I just take exception to "he chose us" as one reason for liking him.

Jayzers_100 and Pen15clubber like this.
  8. threepointshot3

Snotty quitten also chose us as a free agent and sir fat ass Barkley told the Suns I want to go to Houston as well so what?Those were epic failures just like Dwight.

9. fba34

fba34 Contributing Member

We got over the Sonics with Barkley and improved in the playoff rounds than the previous year

10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

[​IMG]

DreamShook likes this.
  11. threepointshot3

We won a title with Robert Horry and Sam Cassel.

12. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I think this is Dwight's last contract. He's a backup center now, without his athleticism he's not the defensive force he once was and can't dominate the boards just by out leaping everyone.

His offense flat out sucks.

And he hates to set picks.

He's not going anywhere to be a back-up or take a lesser role. He's just going to retire and look back fondly (as he should) on his accomplishments. This is a guy who couldn't just accept being an elite Tyson Chandler so no way he's going to accept a lesser role. Just not sure what the Hawks will do with him until then.

13. fba34

fba34 Contributing Member

We lost to the Sonics the next year, hence the trade for bruh Barkleh

14. roslolian

roslolian Member

Not really sure why you take exception to "He chose us". That's just straight denial of reality. Lakers wanted him back, Mavs gave him that presentation that made him look like a kid. I find it straight up crazy you are denying this happened.

I don't really care how badly Dwight is performing now since I'm nit an Atlanta fan. But I do look back fondly on Dwight's time in Htown he still delivered a WCF finish and apart from the last year where everyone played horribly (including Harden), he was pretty decent esp in the playoffs. Thank you Dwight!

15. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

No one is denying he came to Houston, lol. The "he chose us," as a reason to like him is stupid; it's a garbage argument.

16. Sledge187

Sledge187 Member

Dwight probably wasn't a bust but he was close to it here. That said, seems like he could of been a real good fit on this year's team.

17. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Was he good to us when he was admittedly quitting on the court in the middle of games?

If you want to be good to the fans, just play hard. It's really simple. Don't run off to TNT and throw people under the bus.

Has JJ Watt ever been massively disengaged on the field?

RocketsTruth likes this.
  18. roslolian

roslolian Member

Why? He was the first major FA who took a chance on Houston after Melo, Bosh, Lebron etc passed. Harden didn't even have a choice, he was traded to Houston for a package and Houston was willing to give him the max salary he wanted. Dwight believed in the franchise and a strong team with Harden, how is that a stupid reason to like the guy? Dwight put his money where his mouth is, he actually signed a contract when he could have been in other teams. Unlike people like Bogut or Horford who chose other teams first then gave BS talk about how the decision was close blah blah blah.

19. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I'm not going to like a guy just because he made a common sense decision. Houston was the best place for Dwight Howard when he "chose us."

I'm also not going to dislike someone just because they didn't want to play for the Rockets. Bogut thought he was closer to championship with the Cavs. Horford chose Boston, in some part, because of his family. Bosh, Melo, etc., just didn't want to be here. Do I dislike them for that? nope (I hate Bogut for many other reasons). There are other more concrete reasons to like or dislike someone.

You can like Dwight for "choosing us," but I will continue to think it's a really stupid reason to be a fan of him. It is what it is.

20. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

JJ Fatt sucks. He is a born loser who chickens out and a fake tough guy bad leader. Wake me up when Dwight leads his team to a 2-14 season and 0-30 HUMILIATIONS at HOME like JJ Fatt did.

I mean JJ led his team to not a single point scored at HOME. LMAO. Doesn't get lower than that