1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2015 NBA Finals: Golden State vs. Cleveland

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., May 27, 2015.

?

Golden State vs. Cleveland

Poll closed Jun 4, 2015.
  1. Warriors in 4

4.8%
  2. Warriors in 5

14.6%
  3. Warriors in 6

21.1%
  4. Warriors in 7

6.8%
  5. Cavs in 7

10.9%
  6. Cavs in 6

33.0%
  7. Cavs in 5

3.7%
  8. Cavs in 4

5.1%
  1. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

This team has set more illegal screens than the Piston Bad Boys to win the Title!!!!

1 person likes this.
  2. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Even if he was he'd be saying the same mess.

He's the most disrespectful player in the league and doesn't seem to realize that he's no star player.

3. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

I stopped @ "keep winning these championships that's no lie"

Just let it go man but he is somewhat arrogant considering the fouls he got away with over and over again. He was treated like a Intergalactic Superstar that could do no wrong the entire PlayOffs.... much better than cash cows like Lebron or Harden.

4. Sajan

Sajan Member

what are you talking about? the warriors did not foul anyone. every call was bogus. especially on green. he is a top defender...who can do so without fouling.

5. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

The Warriors have nowhere to go but down. And they likely will next season as there's no way they'll be as fortunate with injuries or depth. The Rockets on the other hand have plenty of room for improvement.

6. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Lots of butthurt fans in this thread. Pretty embarrassing.

7. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Lots of teams have room for improvement. GSW took advantage of the window and got a ring while the Rockets were busy being flexible. This was a perfect year for the Rockets to go for it but they decided to wait around on guys like Melo and continue to play for future deals instead of the present. Unfortunately next year Dwight will be yet another year older and OKC, LAC, NOH, etc. also have plenty of room for improvement.

8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Flexibity FTW yeepeeyay since the days Big Yao went down!

9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

:p we are not paid NBA millions to stay classy all the while :grin:

10. xaos

xaos Member

Speak for yourself...

11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Flexibility had NOTHING to do with why the Rockets didn't win it all this year, injury did. The Warriors took advantage of the fact that every team they played in the playoffs were crippled by injuries and won a fluky, opportunistic championship, nothing more.

12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

crackin some jokes, why so serious, I am speaking for myself

13. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Rockets went to the WCF and did so without two of their starters. They made a pretty good shot at it. They also were a two bounces away from going into Houston up 2-0...so umm yeah...I'd say the Rockets were right there.

14. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

I don't know what you're talking about. I agree that Morey f'ed up last summer by pursuing Melo when he could've had Lowry. However I won't fault him for going after Bosh who would've fit perfectly on this team(albeit at a hefty price tag). But once that(and Parsons) blew up in his face, he started making other moves to improve the roster. Ariza, Terry, Brewer, and then Smith were all solid acquisitions. And he tried to get a PG in here, but obviously Dragic helped torpedo that with his big mouth.

The only two things that prevented the Rockets from winning a title this season were injuries and the unexpected rise of the Warriors.

15. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I get the WCF claim. But I never get the "they could have been 2-0" thing. If you use the logic, we should have never made the WCF because we were about 99.9% eliminated in the second round.

If you think we had bad luck not winning those games, think Round 2 and you should be REALLY thankful for our luck in even making the WCF.

16. Sajan

Sajan Member

This.

The bounce logic is applied to make us feel good about how close we were. Every losing team can say that. Hell Cleveland can say that literally about game 1 of the finals. Had lebron hit that shot...they could have been up 3-0!

17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Fully healthy Cleveland almost certainly WOULD have been up 3-0.

18. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. i3artow i3aller

20. J.R.

J.R. Member

Aww man. Apparently fake.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Hearing that ad was a fake. Makes sense. Seems like it was unnecessary to go that hard to say congrats. Still, no chill.</p>&mdash; Michael Lee (@MrMichaelLee) <a href="https://twitter.com/MrMichaelLee/status/615639790755663872">June 29, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<strike>Remember

[​IMG]

Under Armour responds :grin:

[​IMG]</strike>