1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2015: Clowney

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Rocket River, May 8, 2015.

  1. Ottomaton

    Ottomaton Contributing Member

    Joined:
    Feb 14, 2000
    Messages:
    12,307
    Likes Received:
    1,061
    The statistics I read on the internets from Google scholar indicated aprox. 40% chance of complete success (total return of functionality) and about 75% chance of a return that includes diminished functionality. It wasn't explicitly stated, but I think that final 25% would indicate that his knee will be screwed beyond usability by pro athlete, and he limps around in pain for the rest of his life.

    I've also read several places that the first year back is not indicative of the totality of recovery.

    I expect if he plays more than 50% of snaps next year without a limp of having to go to the sideline for treatment every other series will be a positive first step.

    Year 2 will be when you start to judge the final outcome of surgery. An ACL like Dante Fowler would have been a much less invasive repair these days.
     
  2. Mr. Clutch

    Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

    Joined:
    Nov 8, 2002
    Messages:
    44,057
    Likes Received:
    4,001
    They tried some new techniques, but yes it's bad
     
  3. Commodore

    Commodore Contributing Member

    Joined:
    Dec 15, 2007
    Messages:
    21,725
    Likes Received:
    4,368
    http://www.forbes.com/sites/jerrybarca/2015/07/19/the-medical-edge-for-a-former-no-1-nfl-pick/

     
  4. TheRealist137

    TheRealist137 Member

    Joined:
    Jan 27, 2009
    Messages:
    24,779
    Likes Received:
    4,311
    Typical pre-camp hype. I won't believe that he looks "spectacular" until I see it on the field every sunday.
     
  5. chow_yun_fat

    chow_yun_fat Contributing Member

    Joined:
    May 19, 2002
    Messages:
    4,114
    Likes Received:
    46
    Why did we draft this guy? I wanted the Texans to trade the pick for more picks if they weren't going to draft a QB. I sure hope he proves me wrong......
     
  6. Mr.Scarface

    Mr.Scarface Member

    Joined:
    Jul 8, 2003
    Messages:
    3,747
    Likes Received:
    669
    Um...someone has to be willing to give you the value. Trading just to get out of the spot is not something you will do.
     
  7. Buck Turgidson

    Joined:
    Feb 14, 2002
    Messages:
    30,074
    Likes Received:
    8,348
    Fresh take!
     
  8. robbie380

    robbie380 Contributing Member

    Joined:
    Aug 16, 2002
    Messages:
    18,339
    Likes Received:
    966
    Just did some reading on that blood flow restriction training. It's good for developing size, but not strength.
     
  9. Indaface

    Indaface Member

    Joined:
    Apr 3, 2012
    Messages:
    1,601
    Likes Received:
    117
    Im expecting to get some good hard knocks insight into his recovery.
     
  10. thedude077

    thedude077 Member

    Joined:
    Nov 15, 2012
    Messages:
    2,935
    Likes Received:
    506
    No he does not suck. He is injured prone but he does not suck. I will like to see you at least try to do half the things he does, *** hole.
     
  11. sammy

    sammy Contributing Member

    Joined:
    Jul 5, 2002
    Messages:
    17,306
    Likes Received:
    1,496
    Asinine post is asinine. Stop posting.
     
  12. Remii

    Remii Member

    Joined:
    May 29, 2013
    Messages:
    7,622
    Likes Received:
    106
    This thread is a reminder that they should have drafted Sammy Watkins like a very insightful poster suggested :grin:
     
  13. Bobbythegreat

    Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

    Joined:
    Jan 23, 2013
    Messages:
    43,451
    Likes Received:
    6,167
    LOL, so you really think a #2 WR is that big of a deal compared to what Clowney will likely bring the team?
     
  14. Remii

    Remii Member

    Joined:
    May 29, 2013
    Messages:
    7,622
    Likes Received:
    106
    Sammy is a #1 receiver... And what has Clowney brought to the team besides hope _ as in we hope he can play. Lol...
     
  15. Raven

    Raven Member

    Joined:
    Jul 24, 2002
    Messages:
    14,755
    Likes Received:
    698
    I've already written him off. If he contributes anything this year, I will be pleasantly surprised.
     
  16. Bobbythegreat

    Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

    Joined:
    Jan 23, 2013
    Messages:
    43,451
    Likes Received:
    6,167
    On his team, sure, but he'd be the #2 WR here firmly behind Nuk. As to Clowney, he'll make his presence felt this season.
     
  17. Remii

    Remii Member

    Joined:
    May 29, 2013
    Messages:
    7,622
    Likes Received:
    106
    Or we could have had two #1 receivers... Which one is better of the two is irrelevant because they would compete against opposing defenses and not each other...

    I hope you're right... But you've been wrong about Clowney so far.
     
  18. Newlin

    Newlin Member

    Joined:
    May 22, 2015
    Messages:
    3,700
    Likes Received:
    1,555
    Interesting. I wonder what parts of the body this can be used on.
     
  19. HR Dept

    HR Dept Joined: January 1, 1906
    Supporting Member

    Joined:
    May 31, 2012
    Messages:
    6,603
    Likes Received:
    1,020
    Hindsight tells me that Khalil Mack should've been the guy. If I could go back in time and make myself GM, that's the pick I would've made.
     
  20. DaDakota

    DaDakota Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

    Joined:
    Mar 14, 1999
    Messages:
    103,360
    Likes Received:
    5,338
    I hope he comes back 100% - will root for that and see.

    DD
     
Loading...

Share This Page

  • About ClutchFans

    Since 1996, ClutchFans has been loud and proud covering the Houston Rockets, helping set an industry standard for team fan sites. The forums have been a home for Houston sports fans as well as basketball fanatics around the globe.

  • Support ClutchFans!

    If you find that ClutchFans is a valuable resource for you, please consider becoming a Supporting Member. Supporting Members can upload photos and attachments directly to their posts, customize their user title and more. Gold Supporters see zero ads!


    Upgrade Now