1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2015-2016] Jeremy Lin as a Charlotte Hornet

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by swyyyguy, Jul 8, 2015.

1. yoeddy

yoeddy Contributing Member

To me "handle most of the backup SG" = "serviceable".

And to me, his strength is in his playmaking...so I'd rather he focus on that than be a serviceable backup SG. That said, I love his versatility, so am happy that the team sees how valuable he can be playing multiple roles. It is something that doesn't get reflected in his stats (and therefore brings out all the naysayers who only look at box scores)...but helps his team tremendously.

2. colt45nyc

colt45nyc Rookie

QUOTE=hotballa;10462561]I think there is also an element of racism in the saltiness. Not big, just a few posters out of 10,000+. a few but VERY vocal few.
    The only racism is from TInsatan and this is due to being a uncle Pham-Pinoy self hating asian turd.

He was just inconsistent here. tried too hard for home run plays. all we needed was a steady hand at PG that could slash and drive like how hes playing in Charlotte. Also tried to do too much on defense, and gave up the backdoor more times than a for pay.

Tinsatan definitely enjoys the "backdoor penetration" each time he gets owned!!

First time I heard of him being undermined by players. Who makes that accussation??? I thought he got sold out by management during the Melo recruiting fiasco offseason, but that was the extent of bad treatment. I actually thought the players seemed to like him? Am I wrong? I never got that sense at all.[/QUOTE]

Mchale and his coaches definitely did not allow lin to succeed in Htown...they choose Harden and slowing reduced lin's role. Lin and Harden needs the ball. Harden is the better and a MVP level player. So, I can understand their decision now, but this messed with lin's confidence and growth.

3. AvgJoe

AvgJoe Contributing Member

Lin is definitely more mature and better handling his ego. He thrives from the bench and glad to be a glue guy. Good for him.

4. jdhu

jdhu Member

I've watched every Hornets playoff game (they are actually fun to watch, which is a change), and quite a few regular season ones.

Lin is doing very well. When he plays, the Hornets look faster and are much more fluid. I like Walker, but he's really a small SG. Lin is the better PG.

Hopefully the Hornets win tomorrow. Lin/Walker v. Lowry/DeRozan would be AWESOME.

5. yoeddy

Walker is a worthy starting PG. Definitely better as a scorer, but still a good playmaker. Best thing about him is that he is a good teammate...

6. colt45nyc

colt45nyc Rookie

Jdhu...Lin is not a better point guard than Kemba...lin can play a good point guard in the right system, but lin is better as the backup to Kemba with the Hornets.

7. jdhu

jdhu Member

He does seem like a good guy. I agree he's starter-caliber, although in my mind, more SG than PG.

I read a good article recently about Lin making plays to get teammates the ball in scoring position. Walker will pass at times, but he does so more out of necessity (lost his dribble, is trapped, etc.).

I like both guards.

8. yoeddy

Walker is way too short to be a starting SG.

And I don't know if I agree with that article...both Walker and Lin will run plays that will create options. That Lin will pass it more and Walker will shoot it more IMHO has more to do with the fact that Walker has more confidence that he can beat someone 1v1 than Lin...and where Lin will decide that the pass is the higher-percentage play, Walker deciding to keep/shoot the ball is often truly the higher-percentage play for him.

9. yoeddy

...and yes, part of that is because Lin is a better passer and maybe sees the passing lanes better than Walker, but at the same time, Walker sees the defensive holes and is a better ball-handler to get thru those holes than Lin.

10. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

LOFs like to reply to themselves

11. SunsRocketsfan

Chris Paul & Allen Iverson who are shorter disagree

John Stockton and Kevin Johnson, two of the best PG's in history who are the same height as KW also disagrees.

12. SunsRocketsfan

they sure do like talking and replying to themselves.. they would give themselves rep if they could too.. Pathetic

13. SunsRocketsfan

i am going to reply to myself too. Just read SG not PG

:grin:

14. yoeddy

I think all of those guys (except maybe Iverson) would struggle as a SG...

15. yoeddy

I need to get Hakeem status so I can edit my posts. Working on it.

16. SunsRocketsfan

17. colt45nyc

colt45nyc Rookie

Are you one of tinsatan's followers?

18. jdhu

jdhu Member

Yeah, Walker is small, but to me, he's a SG in a PG's body (or, perhaps a "tweener"). I still like him quite a bit as a player, and as you said, seems like a great teammate.

I think Lin is as good, or close to as good, at driving as Walker. Lin has the much better vision (Walker is more the put-head-down-and-drive type, while Lin drives with his head up looking to pass).

From my limited time watching the Hornets, I agree with the article. Lin makes teammates better, Walker is a pretty good player himself.

19. Tonnny

Tonnny Member

Enjoy yourself then.

20. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Remember when morey used to go after high character guys like Lin, Lee, Lowry, Hayes, and Scola. What happened?