1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Can former Rocket Eric Gordon and the Suns bounce back against the Timberwolves? Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

[2014] Free Press Summer Festival

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by RMGEEGEE, Feb 12, 2014.

1. RMGEEGEE

RMGEEGEE Contributing Member

Couldn't find the original thread, but figured a lineup release warranted some fresh attention to FPSF.

[​IMG]

*Jack White *Vampire Weekend *Zedd *Ms. Lauryn Hill *Above and Beyond (NC) *Wu-Tang Clan *Edward Sharpe And The Magnetic Zeros *Dwight Yoakam *Childish Gambino *Deftones *Cage The Elephant *The Kills *Die Antwoord *Big Gigantic *Chvrches *DMX *The 1975 *tUnE-yArDs *Laidback Luke *Rebelution *Washed Out *The Naked and Famous *Adventure Club *Drive-By Truckers *Lord Huron *Ying Yang Twins *Sky Ferreira *J. Roddy Walston and the Business *First Aid Kit *Mariachi El Bronx *Paper Diamond *King Kahn & The Shrines *Flatbush Zombies *The Oh Hellos *Wildcat! Wildcat! *Shakey Graves *Poolside *Robert DeLong *The Orwells *Anamanaguchi *Drew Holcomb & The Neighbors *The Chain Gang of 1974 *William Fitzsimmons *Destruction Unit *White Sea*Uh Huh Her * Jana Hunter * The Tontons *Syd Arthur *Lizzo *Benjamin Booker *Bagheera *Wild Moccasins *Ishi *Feathers *Fistful of Soul *Yung Slutty *Eagle Claw *Venomous Maximus *Wild Party *Carnival Talk *Driver Friendly *BLSHS *The Caldwell *Pleasure 2 *Children of Pop *Los Skarnales *New York City Queens *De’Wayne Jackson *Make *Another Run *Gracie Chavez *Pinkish Black * Dead Roses *Grand Old Grizzly *Ill Liad

#1 RMGEEGEE, Feb 12, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2014
  2. Xcellerator

Xcellerator Member

Where the hell is OUTKAST?! Not good a lineup for the price of two days. Glad I sold my two blind pre-sales before this came out.

3. vj23k

vj23k Contributing Member

Weak lineup. Wish I had bought and sold some like Xcellerator.

4. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

crap so when did tickets go on sale? tickets are up to $150 now =\

5. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

pretty sure i bought mine in november

6. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

Caved and bought a ticket on Craigslist. This happens to me every year. Who's going? Looks like it's going to be a muddy glorious mess.

7. Astrosfan183

Astrosfan183 Member

I was considering if I found a really cheap ticket or won a free ticket, but havent had too much luck

I had a really bad time last year. Way too crowded for that small space, some of the worst crowds ive ever been in (too many people seemed like they were there just because it was te cool things to be at), and i get tired of the heat.

I like the line-up but meh. I'm going to Bonnaroo this year and most of the good people from FPSF are playing that. Only thing I'm really sad to miss is that Houston rap set, that looks awesome

8. droopy421

droopy421 Member

I just hope the rain stops a bit for this weekend, gonna be a mud pit

9. AkeemTheDreem86

I just can't get into Vampire Weekend. I tried, I really did.

S'gonna be muddy as hell this weekend!

10. AkeemTheDreem86

Anyone heard of King Khan & the Shrines? Just listened to all the acts closing stages on Saturday and they're the only ones half-listenable to me.

Halfway through this record and I have to say, it's fantastic.

11. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

King Khan puts on a great live show. Guy is crazy on stage.

12. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

king khan is awesome... sad i'll miss him. his stuff with the black lips (almighty defenders) is equally as awesome.

13. AkeemTheDreem86

That's good to hear! Don't know how I've missed these guys for so long. Idle No More was great. Lot's of Velvet Underground influence in that record for me.

Does the 'timeline' section of fpsf.com not work for everyone else? Every time I try to scroll it sends me to nrgenergy.com.

14. Svpernaut

Svpernaut Contributing Member

A friend posted this shot on Facebook today, and it is supposed to rain more. Good luck to those going... so glad I opted out of it.

[​IMG]

15. AkeemTheDreem86

Ooh the app is up...

16. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

This looks like a picture from 1972.

17. Victorious

Victorious Member

Yes got my ticket! Question for those that have been before, do they care if you smoke weed? Lol I know certain venues like HOB don't really care but what about fpsf? I'm assuming that since it's outdoors they'll be lenient about it...

18. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

They won't care as long as you're reasonably discreet.

19. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I'm gonna just wait for some spoiled teenage girl to get scared of getting muddy and sweaty to sell me her tickets on craigslist for $40

20. droopy421

droopy421 Member

It is a music festival, that should answer your question.

I got a pair for $115 last week and now feel like I should have waited longer. You'll probably get a great deal when someone just gets desperate to make any money back.