1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2014/2015 European Football Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by rox1, May 19, 2014.

1. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Just heard about Luiz. Hate to see him go because he has moments where he is really good. I'll never forget his penalty in the champions league final. It was unsaveable.

2. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

U mad breh?

3. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

I see you didn't read any of my posts about Luiz, I didn't want him at our club. I stated the truth that everyone except for bandwagon scheich/oligarch club fans agrees with, sorry you can't see it as you have no ties to a real club or tradition.

This "u mad" culture when someone simply criticizes something is incredibly annoying.

4. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

You sound really irritated. Sheiks be throwin bones. Haterz gon hate.

5. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

[​IMG]

6. rox1

rox1 Contributing Member

Predictions for ECL final??
    Costa will play but not sure how fit he will be.
    Anyways, I'm thinking a close game that could easily go to extra time. I'm thinking Atleti 2:1

7. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Predicting a 2:1 Atletico victory as well, hope they'll win vs. Real(can't stand them for that 100mil Bale deal, buying success at all costs).

8. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Meanwhile, it's impossible for clubs like Dortmund to keep their players because you have teams like Munich stealing them away with money. Can't beat another team? Use money to buy their best players. I wish Dortmund had a billionaire owner.

9. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Ehem...Götze had a buyout clause and would have left anyways. Lewandowski's contract ended and he decided to come to Bayern. If not to Bayern, he would've left for Madrid or another top 5 club.

Both guys would never had stayed with Dortmund, as they wanted to go to bigger clubs were they can win trophies and are contending for the CL title.

We have the mentality to buy young and promising players, Götze and Lewandowski were perfect opportunities and avaialbe for cheap.

Now tell me how Bayern is stealing players away from Dortmund.

10. Sir Geving

Sir Geving Contributing Member

This has happened through the years with Bayern. I know you are a Bayern fan, but don't try to spin this.

“It’s Bayern Munich’s strategy to not only strengthen their own team, but to also directly weaken their direct rivals,” said the 64-year-old.
    -Ottmar Hitzfeld. Former Bayern coach.

Article:
    http://www.interaksyon.com/interakt...to-weaken-bundesliga-rivals-says-former-coach

11. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

So what?

12. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

The big difference is that Real and Barcelona are heavily subsidized with money that is stolen from Europe. Bayern has not received such subsidies. Real, Barca and most other teams are in debt, too.

13. Sir Geving

Sir Geving Contributing Member

Most big clubs does this to an extent, so I don't really care too much. But Bayern are really cynical, so it just makes me not like them. Not that you'd care or should what I like or not. But that's what's what.

14. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

I want the best team possible, as long as my club gets the players with money that is earned. Of the top teams, almost only Bayern meets these criteria.

Real and Barca are building their teams on debt and then constantly get bailed out through shady deals. Teams like Man City or PSG just have Sheikhs, Chelski has a Russian oligarch.

Bayern has earned the money.

And by the way, Dortmund does the same thing to other teams, like when it poached Reus from Moenchengladbach. Watzke and Klopp are the most disgusting hypocrites ever.

P.S.: Go Atletico! They have all my respect. But I'm skeptical...

15. tksense

tksense Member

Reus is from Dortmund and was in its youth team until 2006. U know he merely "returned" to Dortmund. Come on.

Yes Simeone's athletico is a role model.

They should be due to a win going out, after not having won for the last three.

16. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Came here to talk about the game and we're arguing about nothing related. Must not be any Madrid fans in cfnet

Sigh

17. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Se la cooooomio bale

18. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

19. SexyButIgnorant

Oh man Casillas screwed up big time

20. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Is Harden playing goalie for Real