1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2014/2015 European Football Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by rox1, May 19, 2014.

1. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Just saw this, already at 119 pound. :grin:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="de"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Nearly there! Just £49,999,995 to go! <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/raheemtomacc?src=hash">#raheemtomacc</a> <a href="http://t.co/OLHn3lanTi">http://t.co/OLHn3lanTi</a> <a href="http://t.co/h7WfdPSQ0u">pic.twitter.com/h7WfdPSQ0u</a></p>&mdash; Macclesfield Town (@thesilkmen) <a href="https://twitter.com/thesilkmen/status/609302380509810688">12. Juni 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

http://www.crowdfunder.co.uk/bring-raheem-to-macclesfield

2. The Stig

The Stig Member

Depay officially joins. Woohoo! Hope he turns out good because our recent big money transfers have been pretty shocking.

CM x 2, CB, RB, and ST left.

3. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

City believes they are in the driver's seat to sign Raheem Sterling.

Eh.

4. The Stig

The Stig Member

Think Sterling stays put and rots in the reserves.

City has money but I don't see them spending that kind of money for Sterling. But then again, who knows, they need English players badly. They only have like 2 players total in the senior squad.

5. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

They need to bring in an Englishman, that much is certain. Sterling will fit right in with the rest of the overpaid players.

6. Krizzle

Krizzle Member

Hope Sterling goes we need the money. lol

7. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

What is all the hoopla over Raheem Sterling??

Another massively overrated English player that will soon be way overpaid.

8. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Probably true. He is really fast. But someone like Aubameyang is probably at least as good (faster and probably a better player).

9. rimbaud

rimbaud Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He is fast and he shows flashes of brilliance. Combined with his age, he is very tempting for a club banking on him putting it all together and being consistent.

I loved the guy two years ago and now like him but have soured a bit. Still young but has had a lot of time to put it together and hasn't quite done it. So maybe he will plateau at good and slightly frustrating but never great.

I do think him being English could inflate perception a bit because he plays a little more continental which is such a contrast to most here. So he is really seen as "the future" due to age and skill set.

Maybe leaving Liverpool and playing in a different system will fully unlock him? Who knows.

10. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Feel the same. He's definitely shown that he's capable of being one of the world's best wings and has everything you need (incredible technique, some amazing passes that have shown his vision), but needs to do it consistently. Think the Liverpool situation hurt him short-term, a move to a good club and coach will make him adjust to world-class level.

Worst case he'll be an average starter or elite-joker for the top clubs, best case he'll be a difference maker.

11. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Raheem used to be my favorite player. Now he's a douche. Sturridge is my second favorite player and he's a glass cannon. Balo used to be one of my favorites and he's only scored once in EPL fixtures.

Coutinho is another favorite after watching him this season.

RIP Coutinho.

12. Krizzle

Krizzle Member

All Sterling has is pace and nothing more. He is not very creative with his passes, he showed that he can make really bad decisions on the frontline by giving the ball away, and he cant finish unless he is like 2 meters in the box.

Dont get me wrong he has a bunch of potential and alot of time to develop IMO Best Case he can develop into a Robben or Ribery in the right situation.

What kills me he was holding the Club hostage for a massive payday which now looks like just to be a ploy to get out of Liverpool. Its one thing to say I want to get paid, and when he does get a substantial raise he rejected it, that just tells me he never wanted to be a Pool player, which is totally fine if he would have just said that from the start,but instead he cried to the media and his agent.

I just hope Pool uses that money wisely to address other squad needs(Striker,CB,Defensive Mid, and cover for Philip). Ibe and Origi will be the natural replacement for Sterling and any other youth that come up through the ranks.(Sinclair,Wilson,etc)

13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

2 pages about one helluva overrated player. I admit he is decent that being said

14. 713

713 Member

When did Messi get a full arm sleeve of tattoos. WTH

15. Jontro

Jontro Member

I hope we get more than 50mil for Sterling. I also hope he fails hard wherever he ends up and has a very disappointing career.

16. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

That's totally false dude. I know Sterling hasn't won many fans this year but he is actually a good on the ball and can finish quite well from outside the box and/or anywhere further than 2 yards out.

No doubt he and his agent used a wrong tactic and should have been more forthcoming with the team, fans and media and just said he wanted a tougher challenge and a team that would be playing Champions League Football regularly. I think that might have been a bit more forgiving and understanding than asking for higher wages then rejecting the offer.

I don't know if I trust Liverpool to use the money wisely. I just don't see that happening.

17. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Because Liverpool did so well with the Suarez money.

18. rox1

rox1 Contributing Member

Teams are starting to make moves in preparation for the upcoming season so it makes sense to start a new thread...
    Please continue here-http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=266978

19. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Pretty much this.

Low IQ player with pace.

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Now Ivan Rakitic former Schalke player married a Mauri

[​IMG]