1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2013 World Series] Cardinals vs. Red Sox

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by J.R., Oct 19, 2013.

1. J.R.

J.R. Member

Game 1 St. Louis @ Boston Wed, Oct 23 7:07 PM
    Game 2 St. Louis @ Boston Thu, Oct 24 7:07 PM
    Game 3 Boston @ St. Louis Sat, Oct 26 7:07 PM
    Game 4 Boston @ St. Louis Sun, Oct 27 7:15 PM
    Game 5* Boston @ St. Louis Mon, Oct 28 7:07 PM
    Game 6* St. Louis @ Boston Wed, Oct 30 7:07 PM
    Game 7* St. Louis @ Boston Thu, Oct 31 7:07 PM

*If necessary
    **All times Central
    ***All games on FOX

2. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

I dislike both teams.

3. jdh008

jdh008 Member

The playoffs have been exciting along the way, but ultimately, I think this is exactly the matchup that we all assumed we would end up with.

FOX has to be loving this World Series. You have a big draw from the casual fan perspective in the Red Sox and then the model franchise Cardinals that will give McCarver and Buck something to gush about for a couple of weeks.

4. Beavis Stiffler

I predict Red Sox in 6 games and they will finally celebrate the World Series trophy in front of their home fans in Fenway Park.

5. PhiSlammaJamma

I prefer the RedSox. I will watch. But this is less than ideal. Hopefully the series has some drama like a goat scampering across the field or something like it to give us all a story line to follow. Otherwise back to GTA-V for me.

6. dkamberi25

dkamberi25 Member

I just can't see the Soxs beating St. Louis. The Cardinals won it in 2011, lost in 7 in the NLCS in 2012 and are now back in the WS in 2013. I hate the Cardinals so much, but they rebuilt the squad perfectly after losing Pujols. They hit the resurrected jackpot with Beltran and Holliday who are putting up offensive numbers comparable to their prime years. Molina has added offense to his game over the past few years and rounds out the middle of their batting order. Than those guys are all surrounded by solid baseball players who can hit, run and play defense. There pitching staff doesn't look dangerous outside of Wainwright, but pitching is a strength from the starters to the bullpen and closer. While they are not spectacular in any one area, there is no weakness either. The Cardinals will never lose a game due to mistakes and in the playoffs where it seems just about every game is close being able to avoid mistakes becomes very important as you wait for the other team to mess up. The Red Sox are a good team, that is built much like the Cardinals but what do they do with Ortiz when the series shifts to St. Louis?

7. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

No Ortiz for the first two games...and the last two games.

Edge: Cardinals

8. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Hey <a href="https://twitter.com/DrewBarrymore">@drewbarrymore</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/jimmyfallon">@jimmyfallon</a> deja Vu in STL this weekend? <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23WorldSeries&amp;src=hash">#WorldSeries</a> <a href="http://t.co/QQdVgkZWj6">http://t.co/QQdVgkZWj6</a></p>&mdash; Boston Red Sox (@RedSox) <a href="https://twitter.com/RedSox/statuses/392878278391783424">October 23, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

9. dragician

dragician Member

10. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Cheering for the Cards in series again. I can't believe it.

11. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Can't stand either team, but I've grown a genuine hate for Boston fans over the past few months. As a Cubs fan, I can't believe I'm saying this but Go Cards!

12. tellitlikeitis

tellitlikeitis Canceled
    Supporting Member

13. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

I am rooting for the Cardinals to succeed so that I can have even more faith in Luhnow. I also dislike Boston... Here's an article on the Cardinals heading into the Series, including Luhnow's draft picks:

http://www.sportsonearth.com/article/63253800

List of Picks by Luhnow:
    C Tony Cruz
    1B Matt Adams
    2B Kolten Wong
    SS Pete Kozma
    3B Matt Carpenter
    OF Jon Jay
    OF Colby Rasmus
    OF Allen Craig
    OF Oscar Taveras (signed as an international free agent)

SP Shelby Miller
    SP Carlos Martinez (signed as an international free agent)
    SP Jaime Garcia
    SP Lance Lynn
    SP Joe Kelly

RP Trevor Rosenthal
    RP Chris Perez
    RP Kevin Siegrist

14. J.R.

J.R. Member

Red Sox gonna make the Cardinal pitchers work.

Keep taking pitch after pitch after pitch after pitch.

3-0 already.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>The Cardinals spent 8 minutes, 41 seconds at bat in the 1st 2 innings.

The Red Sox batted for 38:13</p>&mdash; ESPN Stats &amp; Info (@ESPNStatsInfo) <a href="https://twitter.com/ESPNStatsInfo/statuses/393182932099031040">October 24, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

#14 J.R., Oct 23, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2013
  15. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

And because you are a cubs fan...f*** you.

;)

Not sure what Matheny was b****ing about for so long. The umps did the right thing as the original call was horribly wrong.

16. J.R.

J.R. Member

Just the Cardinals luck.

I MEAN REALLY?!

What should be a double plays turns into 3-0 Red Sox.
    What should be a pop fly drops in between 2 guys.

And now Beltran is out. When it rains, it pours.

Congrats Boston on the world series win!

#16 J.R., Oct 23, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2013
  17. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

I wonder what's getting higher ratings... Bulls-OKC preseason game vs World Series?

18. tellitlikeitis

tellitlikeitis Canceled
    Supporting Member

Joe Buck and Tim McCarver seriously make Cris Collinsworth tolerable to listen to.

19. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

I don't know if I am alone with this opinion, but I love Tim McCarver and really don't care about Joe Buck. McCarver is my favorite direct uncontroversial announcer maybe ever.

20. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

The ratings for both league championship series were good. I'm interested to see what the overnight number is for game 1 of the World Series.