1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

(2013) Who are the best big men in the Nation?

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by SK34, Feb 12, 2013.

1. SK34

SK34 Member

http://insider.espn.go.com/mens-col...12411/jay-bilas-chad-ford-nation-best-big-men

Thank you Crutch Citu. Interesting Read.

2. Canadiandude

Canadiandude Member

I find Alex Len out of Maryland intriguing. He destroyed Nerlens Noel early in the season and caught my attention. He's really skinny, but he's got nice footwork, hands, and finishing ability.

3. SK34

SK34 Member

You think he can destroy Noel by the way he was playing at the end of his season?

4. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Alex Len also destroyed Plumlee in the last Maryland Duke game.

My guess is that Plumlee will struggle to be a marginal NBA center.

5. lionaire

lionaire Member

Plumlee outplayed Len in their first meeting, also has Noel and McAdoo's number. I see Plumlee being a high energy bench guy that alot of NBA teams could use. He's a solid defender, runs the floor exceptionally well already has the NBA body not to mention the 18 and 11 he's putting up are the best for any big man since Blake Griffin.

6. SK34

SK34 Member

Where do you think he might go? 15-20?

7. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

Jeff Withey?

8. basketballholic

Any discussion of the best big men in college basketball should be a discussion between Cody Zeller and Alex Len only. Everybody else is a step or two below.

9. haoafu

haoafu Contributing Member

We are not getting Noel, and I like Len a lot. I'd be satisfied if we get Dieng or Muscala.

10. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

Someone is gonna get great value out of Erik Murphy (Florida). As of now, he's projected in the late 2nd round or possibly even undrafted. This guy is 6'10 and shoots the 3 well. He's basically Matt Bonner 2.0, without the ginger. He'll never be more than that, but any team could use a Matt Bonner off the bench. Especially in the Rockets offense.

11. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Pretty sad group there.

It's been a while now since Dwight popped on the scene. And even then he's not on the Shaq/Duncan big man level. Maybe Anthony Davis improves.

Still, the days of that truly dominant big man who comes in right away and is uber successful I guess are just over for the time being. Nobody on the horizon like that. I mean check out Duncan's, Shaq's, Hakeem's, etc. stats right out of college. Immediate domination. I think Duncan was probably the last big in that mold, and that was 15 years ago.... sad

12. 713

713 Member

Diamond Stone will be the next great big men.

13. PuzzledFan

PuzzledFan Member

I almost never watch college basketball, but Johnny O'Bryant III seems exceptional.

14. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Have not seen him play lately, but CJ Leslie would be a nice backup 4. He needs to add weight, strength, and a motor, but has potential to be a nice stretch 4. Granted the Rockets have a ton of undersized guys.

I love, hate guys like him. He should be a much better player than he is.

15. da_juice

da_juice Member

I wonder why. Is that more kids grow up wanting to play on the perimeter (hence why we have 6'9" small forwards) or is the skillset just not being taught?

16. rockets2012

rockets2012 Member

Rule changes in last two decades makes the transition to NBA extremely difficult for bigmen. Speed, rather than size, is more important nowadays.