1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2013 NBA free agents Houston should target

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Aruba77, Jul 26, 2012.

1. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Assuming nothing happens with Dwight, and our 15-man roster is:

Asik/Dmo/Johnson
    Pat/Dmo/Jones/White
    Parsons/Morris/Forbes
    KMartin/Lamb/Douglas
    Lin/Douglas/Machado
    #15 Livington or Harrelson

Who should Houston go after with their massive cap-room in the summer of 2013? List of potential 2013 free agents

For me it's:
    Dwight
    Bynum
    Ibaka
    Harden
    Al Jefferson

in that order. Who's on your 2013' free agent wish-list?

2. J.R.

J.R. Member

Free agents?! I was told here no one wants to play in Houston and if they don't want to play in Houston, we don't want them! Right?

So we just gonna roll with what we got. :cool:

3. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Taj Gibson. Taj Gibson. Taj Gibson.

4. ico4498

ico4498 Member
    Supporting Member

depends on the no one.

5. 713

713 Member

Jonny Flynn and Twill

6. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

Harden, and Harden again.

7. Nimo

Nimo Member

Harden will be a nice replacement for KMart. I wouldn't mind Josh Smith or Bynum either. Most of this will depend on how high of a draft pick we have and how well our current players are doing. For instance, if Asik is not panning out then the Rockets might make a stronger push for Bynum. If Lin isn't getting it done, then we have Chris Paul to go after (though I don't think he's willing to leave LA).

8. rocketseagles07

Howard is going to Dallas if he becomes a free agent. I say bynum and harden are equal. Ibaka is overrated, I like his game but for the money he's going to want I think he's overrated. Assuming we still have asik him and ibaka would be TERRIBLE on offense and we'd have the same problem the thunder have now which is why no one guards either one of their bigs. KD already said if you're looking for harden to become a fa next year don't waste your time because he won't be so I honestly doubt he touches fa anyways. I really think are cap space is going to be useless unless we get bynum because howard won't come here, paul and harden are more than likely re-signing

9. HMMMHMM

HMMMHMM Contributing Member

It's all circumstantial really. Also, some of those guys will probably get an extension or won't be open to leaving money on the table to join the Rockets.

That said:

Dwight Howard
    Andrew Bynum
    Chris Paul

James Harden
    Serge Ibaka
    Josh Smith
    Manu Ginobili

Taj Gibson
    Pau Millsap
    Nikola Pekovic

JJ Redick
    Tony Allen
    Gary Neal

10. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

Serge Iblocka
    James Harden

Lin/Llull/Machado
    Harden/Lamb
    Parsons/Jones/Morris
    Motiejunas/White/Patterson
    Ibaka/Asik

+ Toronto and Houston lottery picks

11. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

I like Josh Smith too, but I do not want to pay max to Bynum who could be broken down anytime and anyplace.

12. oakdogg

oakdogg Contributing Member

Why are ppl so infatuated with Josh Smith? He keeps shooting those long jump shots even though he sucks at them. I would almost predict that no team will go deep in the playoffs depending on him as a top2 scorer. Not worth the money!!!!!!!!

I don't think we would give Bynum a max deal due to his injury issues.

I guess Harden or Ibaka would be good additions, but nothing like Dwight

13. b2bizchina

b2bizchina Member

Too early to say 2013 target, calm down to see waht will happen the 2012 season

14. rocketseagles07

Smith was the best player on a team that went 40-26 last year. Everyone is so bust talking about how many forced jumpers he takes that no one wants to comment on everything he does well. I'm not saying I want him as my second scoring option but he is a great addition to any team...

15. jch1911

jch1911 Member

This. (Although I do not think the Bulls are going to let him go anywhere and it's why they let Asik walk to Houston.)

16. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

Obviously CP3, but that's very, very unlikely. Harden is a little more realistic, but also unlikely. If Lamb gets traded, we should definitely shoot for a good wing player.

17. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

lol.... another "who to pickup in FA" thread. But ok, i'll play along. I dont think we should go for any of em. Go with what we have, and rebuild through the 14th pick in the draft again! :rolleyes:

18. Sen89

Sen89 Member

If we keep and develop our young guys, we should be set at the 2 (Lamb), 3 (White, Parsons) and 4 (Motiejunas, Jones).

I'm not 100% sold on Lin, and if he plays average ball (but still sells tickets), I'd be in favor of dealing him, and targeting an upgrade at PG. There are a lot PGs that could go on the market in 2013.

Bynum should be our #1 target regardless.

19. roxxy

roxxy Member

I don't get this? Your confident in the development of the young guys (Lamb, White, Dmo, Jones) who have never played in 1 NBA game. But yet you aren't sold on the PG who played at a solid level for 25+ NBA games. Wouldn't it make sense that the guy who has actually played in the NBA would be more of a guarantee to develop as opposed to the other 4. I am not attacking you so don't take it that way I just don't understand your logic.

20. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

none we are straight

I expect D-MO to be a superstar

The Jeremys to be boardline stars

and Parson and asik to be perfectly fitting "role player"

and a crazy deep bench

just need time to develop