1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2012 GOP Presidential Primary

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by rimrocker, Jan 27, 2011.

1. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

Guess he didn't want to get embarrassed in his home state.

2. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

I can breathe a little easier. Even with the tiniest sliver of a possibility that Santorum could actually have become President scared the living s*** out of me.

3. kpsta

kpsta Contributing Member

"You must spread some Santorum around..." :(

4. da_juice

da_juice Member

I'm surprised Santorum left before Newt.

Guess Romney's the definite nominee. With Santorum out and Gingrich all but dead- does Romney still have to pander to the base with his VP pick? Who else will he have to out-conservative?

5. RocketMan Tex

RocketMan Tex Contributing Member

Newt's ego is way bigger than Santorum's......

6. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

While it's likely that Santorum simply saw the writing on the wall, I'm sure his daughter's health played a big part in the decision.

Gingrich would have let his daughter die.

7. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Yes, little light brown squares!

8. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

It's a drag Santorum bowed out. I was hoping the bloodletting would continue for several more weeks.

9. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

Santorum pulled out before he could finish.

I thought his religion didn't allow that?

2 people like this.
  10. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

santorum i cant beileve you got a single vote. seriously who are you people?

11. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

I'm convinced it must be some kind of a conspiracy against Paul and his supporters, aren't you?

12. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

He pulled out, but he did not abort.

13. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

Neither Santorum nor our own resident god-hates-a-masturbator expert twhy77 agrees that there is a distinction between the two.

And of course, also, those two terms are literally synonymous.

1 person likes this.
  14. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

he might as well since Ron Paul is going to be the next president of the united states!@

15. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

might as well... i dont mind if u elec prez of united states of folx that cant find caps key lol... evreybody hapy! @

16. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Ha, yeah, I get the joke, but honestly, it seems weird to even associate santorum with any sort of risk of conception.

17. NMS is the Best

I didn't want to talk about this - there really isn't any chance of stopping Romney from winning the nomination now - but since you brought it up I see no reason not to now.

At Missouri's biggest county caucus, Ron Paul swept it, capturing ALL of the delegates. So while the AP gives us 0 delegates in Missouri, Paul will probably end up with a majority of the delegates in the state.

This is going on in many other caucus states which elect unbound delegates through district, county, and state conventions...

18. NMS is the Best

I agree, it is their right to not cover Paul campaign - they have the right to free speech. However, the Paul people also have the right to complain about it and cry foul...

19. white lightning

white lightning Contributing Member

Which they do to no end.

20. geeimsobored

geeimsobored Contributing Member

Which you guys do endlessly and do little material work to actually turn your talking into anything.

Take a page from the Obama campaign. Learn how to organize and turn that enthusiasm into votes. Learn how to register voters. Learn how to turnout primary voters etc...

All of the Ron Paul people are way too focused on posting youtube comments instead of turning out the vote. Most of them are yelling and screaming but have no clue when their primary or caucus is or how it works.

And the sad thing is that Ron Paul's support is social network driven. That's by far the easiest group to contact and organize. And yet his campaign still failed at it. I consider Ron Paul's campaign staff to be jokers who know next to nothing about political organizing and it shows.

Yet its the "media's fault" for why he's underperforming. No the reason why he's doing terrible is he has a terrible organization that is full of people who don't know the fundamentals of turning out people to vote. Obama knew how to cash in on this. Ron Paul's campaign just learned how to spam youtube and online polls and claim it as "evidence" of his success.