1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2010-2011 Smeg Fantasy Footy Draft Room

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by Rocketball, Aug 2, 2010.

1. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

**** gettin competitive w00t.

Tempers already flaring, blood starting to boil.

Yeah boy, you know its football season now.

2. SamCassell

SamCassell Contributing Member

Hell, however it's done, it's done. It's not like Rook is some guy we don't know. I trust you however you get to the results. The idea that it's got to be emailed to be legit is silly.

3. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

Yes. DO THIS. I WILL PICKET IF I AM STUCK AT 12!!!juan

4. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Oh come on this is just standard procedure. Whoever gets the ****ty draft picks ends up demanding a redo. :)

5. fadeaway

fadeaway Contributing Member

Lol... that's completely true. We're all biased, both those near the top and those near the bottom, and the degree of bias increases the closer one gets to either end of the draft order. It would be nice to have a 3rd party arbitrator make the decision. I'd at least like to hear what our elder statesman Smeg thinks of the whole mess.

6. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

Why not do a redo on FFToolbox again? How hard could it be?

7. LonghornFan

Names, Hat, Pick, YOUTUBE!

8. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Contributing Member

Not sure what we are arguing about, if total number if teams went into the generator then really should rook just flip a coin with decide which team gets 3rd pick and 6th pick out of team with two picks and the forgotten sam team, btw haven't even looked at site so have no idea where I am picking when giving this elderly advice :p

9. LonghornFan

This, and have every member EMAILED with the results. I simply have never trusted these types of setups. Kinda why I like Yahoo and how they set up the draft order 30 minutes before the draft.

No, this isn't because I have last pick. If I were to get it again I have plenty of bottles to throw at the wall again.

#29 LonghornFan, Aug 9, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2010
  10. Rocketball

Rocketball Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This is absolutely ridiculous, some of the comments here and some of the emails I am getting are uncalled for and outright childish, this is suppose to be fun and everyone is ruining it before it gets started - complaining over the stinking draft order and not even the REAL one.

I do though appreciate Sam/Smeg's comments.............

This league is suppose to be fun and competitive, we have always just randomly drawn the draft order from a hat in the past (with very little complaining and bickering, definitely never with the accusations were seeing here) , I went just for fun to try something Fade said I should use, just real quick (didn't want to enter everyone's email - since I had planned do go back to the old drawing from the hat), and look at the reaction, granted mostly from the bottom picks in the first round, but come on guys let's be a little more respectful/polite. Bottom line this is a free league and some body has to be in the bottom of the draft, that is why it is a snake draft.

I will be doing the draft order Friday when I get back in town, either like we always have done or maybe use fftoolbox, if you want out, let me know as we have those who want to play, but if your going to stay, let's have fun with it....................

11. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

I'm behind you Rook.

This is a pretty prestigious league and all, but we're not exactly playing for money here.

You do what you do. I support you.

12. SamCassell

SamCassell Contributing Member

Exactly. With as much real-life **** as I see and deal with on a daily basis I'm floored that people are really up in arms about the "integrity of the draft process" in a non-pay, for fun league with people who've been playing together for years. Just seems like a non-issue.

13. LonghornFan

I believe I was both. It was a simple opinion.

I'm pretty good at those.

14. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

Umm, so what is the draft order?

15. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Wooo Hooo!

First pick!

The following draft order was randomly generated for your league:
    1 - Moe
    2 - Xerobull
    3 - Longhorn
    4 - Thame
    5 - Fade
    6 - PSJ
    7 - Smeg
    8 - Matt
    9 - Sam
    10 - Greek
    11 - nWo
    12 - Rook

16. Rocketball

Supporting Member

You guys are cute, my plane lands tonight and I check my email to find out the day before I said I was going to do the draft, I find out that I miraculously did it at 40,000ft. up, while on the plane. So I am not sure who the smartaleck is in the group, even though I got a little chuckle from it and actually am a fan of the wrap-around pick......... however,the draft is being held tomorrow morning as I said, so anyone else wants to give it a run, go for it! :)

That being said, I get the picture, and will use fftoolbox with everyone's email, should be good at it evidently :rolleyes:, and as soon as it is completed it will be posted on the web page and here.

The draft will then start next Friday night at 5PM CDT. You will get 8 hours for the first two rounds, then 4 hours after that.

17. LonghornFan

lol, wut? I better wait to post my response tomorrow when I;m not drinking beers, but I have no idea what you just posted means.

#37 LonghornFan, Aug 12, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2010
  18. Rocketball

Supporting Member

Smeg you getting ready to take back over, this is getting stupid....that's why I left it with your name on it..........

You guys can take the fun out of it and not Longhorn Fan I am not having a nervous breakdown.......

Granted, I know once the draft is set and going on, everything will be back to normal, but man this has been crazy.............

I put most of the blame on me, should have just emailed Fade as I was just following through with his suggestion and thought it was funny how it turned out....my bad.........learned my lesson.

All will be well soon...........

19. Rocketball

Supporting Member

I do love though whoever the "but" is who did it used Rocketball as my name, at least they could have put my last name since it is in my email, then my BBS name, which is the one I typically go by in my daily life.................... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

20. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Contributing Member

I got an email stating someone called smeg got the 7th pick, am i out, what pick did SmeggySmeg get :)

Everyone just chill the **** out

When does the draft start?