1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2010-2011 NY Knicks Thread

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by ChievousFTFace, Sep 24, 2010.

1. ChievousFTFace

ChievousFTFace Contributing Member

Apologies if there is already a thread here. For those who have lived in a cave over the past year, the Rockets own the option to swap a 1st round pick in the 2011 NBA Draft with only the #1 overall pick protected. Rockets fans should be rooting for them to lose all 82 games and come in 2nd in the lottery! :cool:

Vegas has the Knicks slated to win 35.5 games, which would put them around the 11th pick.

Their roster is as follows:

Kelenna Azubuike
    Earl Barron
    Jonathan Bender
    Wilson Chandler
    Eddy Curry
    Toney Douglas
    Patrick Ewing
    Raymond Felton - DEFINITE STARTER PG
    Landry Fields
    Danilo Gallinari - DEFINITE STARTER SF
    Jerome Jordan
    Roger Mason Jr.
    Timofey Mozgov
    Anthony Randolph
    Andy Rautins
    Sergio Rodriguez
    Amar'e Stoudemire - DEFINITE STARTER PF
    Ronny Turiaf
    Bill Walker
    Shawne Williams

I only put down 3 definite starters due to the fact that the Knicks have a logjam at the wingman position. I could see Mr. Pringles running Amar'e at center a lot and going small.

Gallinari and Randolph both have a ton of upside here but will have to split time due to them playing similar positions. How Felton will play under D'Antoni will be one of the biggest factors in the success or failure of the Knicks.

This team is also one Amar'e injury away from being in the absolute cellar.

2009 Record: 29-53
    My 2010 Record prediction: 32-50

They are still in a weak division. The Nets and 76ers will be better than last year with the Raptors sinking into oblivion.

There is a chance here for them to get lucky and sneak into the playoffs as a 7-8 seed with only the Heat, Magic, Celtics, Hawks, Bucks and Bulls being surefire locks. The east is still pathetic with the exception of the teams listed above.

Barring a trade, what do you think their rotation will look like and predict their record. I didn't watch the Knicks must last year so I'm not too familiar with the returning rotation players.

2. Ricksmith

Ricksmith Contributing Member

They have some good young players on the team this year. Hopefully their no defense system will make them miss the playoffs. Didn't know roger mason Jr was on the knicks now.

I can see a starting lineup of
    PG raymond felton
    SG roger mason jr
    SF gallo/anthony randolph
    PF amare/ ronny turiaf
    C ronny turiaf/amare

3. Convictedstupid

I think the Pacers can beat the Knicks out in sneaking into the playoffs.

4. GlenRice

GlenRice Member

5. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

I would not be surprised if the Knicks start Amare at C and Gallinari at PF.

I think D'Antoni prefers the mismatches created by having Gallo at the 4.

6. da_juice

da_juice Member

Maybe we'll see the Pacers-Knicks rivalry revived with the two of them vying for the lower playoff seeds.

7. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Randolph at 4...but Gallinari? Sorry, even with D'Antoni I don't see that. Is Nellie returning to The Garden?

8. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

there will be fierce (sic) competition in East for 7th and 8th. Knicks are a real Lotto possibility - unless they 'steal' someone in Feb.

9. ChievousFTFace

I'm pretty sure Mr. Pringles did experiment with Amar'e at the 5 in Phoenix. Randolph can play the 3.

PG: Felton
    SG: Mason, Jr.
    SF: Randolph
    PF: Gallinari
    C: Amar'e

They would get KILLED by any team with a post presence. Fortunately for them, there aren't too many in the east.

10. tiger0330

tiger0330 Contributing Member

D'Antoni and Walsh have been raving about Randolph, complimenting him on his versatility and the ability to defend 1-5 and his handle, he will get a good look in the preseason and if he passes the audition he will start, D'antoni is talking about having Gallo and Randolph in the lineup at the same time as well.

D'Antoni also likes what he has seen of Mozgov as well, saying he might be the most athletic guy on the team, I expect he'll get some playing time once he gets acclimated to the NBA.

SG is wide open, Chandler played there last season but he's more of a SF. Azuibuke is rehabbing and they think he may be the best fit once he comes back, Bill Walker had some nice games last year and has D'antoni's confidence.

This is a very athletic team this year and it looks like they may have corrected the inability to defend the paint with the guys they have acquired, that's been their achilles heel the last few years with DLee playing the 5, trading layups for jumpshots with other teams. I look for a turnaround this year if they can execute D'ants 7 seconds or less offense.

11. DontTradeOswalt

The Knickerbockers better suck, but not suck too much

12. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

13. lionaire

lionaire Member

Randolph is too good not to be in the starting 5...so is Chander. It's gonna be interesting to see how this works out.

14. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

If that pick is only #1 protected, they can go ahead and suck all the way. The chance is low that they get the #1, even with the worst record in the league. If they have the worst record but don't get #1, we'll get something between #2 and #4. So, I'm rooting for them to suck all the way.

15. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Randolph is closer to a 5 than a 3...

16. Noob Cake

Noob Cake Member

Good news everyone, Vegas odds are always the almost accurate way to predict sport. People who wage real $$$ aren't crap like ESPN 'experts'

17. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

Go look at the Knicks' lineups from last year. D'Antoni played Gallinari a TON at the PF position.

18. daeyeth

daeyeth Member

Not exactly. Vegas odds are meant to gauge the public's perception, to encourage what they already think and do what they will with their money.

19. ChievousFTFace

Can't tell if serious...

I would bet a large some of money that the preseason vegas odds in it's prediction of team victories has a much small standard deviation than predictions of network experts. They are always subject to change based on roster moves and other factors. One could argue that the NY win total is inflated due to the amount of fans they have in the wagering pool.

Rockets are being projected around 47-48 wins if you are feeling lucky ;)