1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2002-03 Rox predictions

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by FLAGRANT1, Oct 10, 2002.

1. FLAGRANT1

FLAGRANT1 Member

Hey if I didn't start this thread 1 of you would have in about a week. What are your thoughts on individual and team accomplishments for the upcoming season?mine ?

Leading scorer? Cuttino Mobley (24.9)

I just feel he has the most mature offensive arsenal at his disposal (next to Glen Rice who's lost a step or two)

Leading rebounder? Eddie Griffin

If we are to have a successful year we can't be lead in rebounding by the point guard unless his name is Majic.

Record? 53-29(playoffs babe)

someone please knock on wood....

Leader in assists? Steve (8.4 apg)

Delightful Surprise? Kelvin Cato

mark my words (still ain't worth the money)

Most likelly to be traded? Kenny

Sorry; as I look up and down this roster his presence will not allow for other players to develop.

Most impressive rookie? yao

I hate to be obvious but I must admit when draft day rolled around I wanted Drew Gooden, Caron, or Mike Dunleavy .I even proposed we trade down for Hillario. Hope I was wrong. Boki is going to get lost in the sheer # of forwards on our roster. Maddux won't make it off IR

Team leaders? Glen Rice and Cuttino Mobley

Vocal verteran leadership

I also think Cuttino will join Steve in the allstar game....Eddie will impress in the sophmore-rookie game..... Maurice will slightly edge out Rice for most 30 point games behind Cuttino and Steve
    .......We will also sweep San Antonio..
    Goodnightnowwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!

2. codell

codell Contributing Member

Gooden looked great the other night. Althought its preseason and the Grizz are a bad team, he showed some great moves and a nose for rebounding. I didnt realize he was that talented.

3. TheReasonSF3

TheReasonSF3 Member

leading scorer = FRANCHISE!

4. codell

codell Contributing Member

His shot looked right on the other night. If anything, I think Mobley will average less points than he did last season. With Yao, Nachbar, Taylor and Rice this year, someone's shots will decrease.

5. ricerocket

ricerocket Member

Assists: Steve 7.8
    Blocks: Griffin/Yao Ming 3.2
    Steals: Steve/Cat: 2.5
    Rebounds: Yao Ming 11
    :D

6. BUBS

BUBS Member

i'd like to see if Cutino can actually pass the ball. Post up Ming and let either him (or stevie) feed it to him. They would have to play him honest thats for sure.:cool:

7. FLAGRANT1

FLAGRANT1 Member

Most points in a game? 57 by Rice