1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2 Killed Execution-Style In NFL Player's Home

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by BmwM3, Mar 31, 2009.

1. BmwM3

BmwM3 Contributing Member

Investigators suspect two African immigrants slain at a Long Island condo owned by an NFL player may have been killed as revenge for an Internet scam, police said Tuesday.

Sekou Sakor and Ansu Keita were each shot in the head sometime Thursday night at a condominium in Woodbury, N.Y., owned by Jonathan Vilma. There were no arrests.

The New Orleans Saints linebacker and former New York Jets player was not there at the time and not believed to be involved, said New York Police Department spokesman Paul Browne.

Vilma's agent did not immediately return a call for comment on Tuesday.

http://www.click2houston.com/news/19056000/detail.html#-

Crazy. Nigerian scam gone wrong? :eek:

2. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

Not suprised a former Thug U player is indirectly involved.

3. DrewP

DrewP Contributing Member

you are not surprised that someone is "indirectly involved"? What does that even mean?

4. Xenochimera

Xenochimera Contributing Member

were they nigerian by any chance?

5. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

Funny how it's a "Nigerian Scam" but their names aren't Nigerian and I would guess neither is their nationality.

Just to clarify, other people and countries in the world are involved in internet scams and some in this day and age have surpassed the Nigerians.

I believe there are Russians, Pakistanis and residents of other African countries that partake in internet scams.

6. dback816

dback816 Member

Yes everybody internet scams, we know that....

It's just terms that have become popular. I don't really agree with it but meh whatever

7. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

New York law enforcement trying to make an example out of a criminal NFL player...
    New York resident NFL players trying to make examples out of criminals...
    Are they so different?
    :p

8. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

While I don't agree with the whole assumption of the poster you quoted (the whole Thug U bit, as I have read nothing negative on Vilma in his career...could be wrong though), but I will explain the "indirectly involved" bit.

The murders happened at Vilma's house, so one way or another, chances are he knew either those killed or the culprits. How else would someone gain access into Vilma's house? Either those killed or those doing the killings would have had to have access to his house, as I doubt they both broke in...that just doesn't make sense.

Yes, someone that "works for" Vilma(i.e. a chef or security guard or something) could have let one party into the house, but that's still shady.

So, either way, you have two people murdered in an NFL player's house, which means somehow that NFL player was involved.

Once again, I'm not saying that Vilma did the murders, but I'm saying that the fact that these things happened in his house, and that they were "revenge for an internet scam" ring as kind of bizarre and odd to me. It just looks shady on Vilma's part, and I hope for his sake, and the NFL's sake his name is cleared.

And I'm thankful that my favorite team is associated with people like Ryan Moats, and not other stories like these.

9. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

I know "Keita" is a Mali-an surname.

Interstingly the "Nigerian Scam" is only the name of the internet version of the scam. Basically the bait-and-switch scam "you give me a little money and I'll give you a TON back!!!" has been around since the 1700's. In the pre-internet days it was done in-person and called various names "The Jamaican Switch", or the "South African switch" or the "Hankderchief Switch".

Back in the old old days (1800s) it was done by mail/print advertisement and know as the "Greengoods" scam and involved a silly tale about a counterfeit money machine.

10. right1

right1 Member

Sundiata Keita (ca. 1210-ca. 1260) was the founder of the Mali empire in West Africa. He is now regarded as a great magician-king and the national hero of the Malinke-speaking people.

11. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

Pfft...its only called "Nigerian Scam" when you lose money. What about all those people who have made millions through this business venture?

:rolleyes:

12. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I'd like to be regarded as a great magician-king.

It's not magic, Michael...it's illusion!!!!

13. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Vilma was actually trying to sell the place, and was not even living there. Didn't someone get killed at Shaq's residence a year or two ago? Who knows what happened. To say it looks shady on Vilma's side is premature to say the least.

14. RedRowdy111

RedRowdy111 Contributing Member

They were scammers....geez i guess they got karma