1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2 elite teams going at it tonight...Spurs vs Clippers. Sorry but Hou not as good.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by OlajuwonFan81, Feb 20, 2015.

1. OlajuwonFan81

OlajuwonFan81 Member

I'm watching 2 very good teams go back and forth. Elite PG play making it easier for teammates not to mention big men that attack the basket when they roll after a screen and finish with authority.

They also have very good spot up shooters that shoot a very high percentage out side the arch. As I watch this game it saddens me to say that the Rockets aren't as good as these 2 teams. Harden is a 1 man wrecking crew but these other teams have multiple options and play much better team basketball.

2. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Tell me more

3. alethios

alethios Member

4. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

You're just sad because of the trade deadline. Have a beer and relax.

5. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

6. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

7. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

All I saw is a ****tty Spurs team that could not successfully navigate 'hack-a-Jordan' and LOST to a Blake-less flipper team.

A loss is a loss. Rox lost to them too regardless of gr8r pt differential.

8. coffeelover665

Does their shooting guards do things Harden do?

9. OlajuwonFan81

OlajuwonFan81 Member

The spurs are the defending champions. You might think they are awful but rest assure buddy when the playoffs roll around chances are they will have their A game on.

All you knuckleheads can post gifs and attempt to ignore our weaknesses but the fact remains we are highly inferior at PG relative to these other teams. In addition we can't get easy buckets from multiple players like the 2 teams I watched today.

I'm not saying the Rockets suck....I just wouldn't pick them in a 7 game series against a healthy spurs or clippers team. If Howard comes back and plays like he did 4 years ago then I will change my mind. Until that happens, Harden alone can't beat teams like the spurs, clippers, warriors or Memphis.

10. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

First of all I did not realize we were talking postseason play. I am talking about 1 game where quite frankly the Spurs didn't look so good and LOST to a depleted clip team

Will they (Spurs) be a force in the playoffs? Who knows - it all depends on matchups. Heck the crap Mavs almost eliminated the Spurs last yr

Elite PG play showed on the clips side down the stretch with big CP shots. Do we lack that - yes. Consistent shooting is lacking too along with coaching. Yes we have more holes than a slice of Swiss cheese BUT the Spurs still lost tonight and are struggling to stay in the top 8 spots.

#10 Tfor3, Feb 20, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2015
  11. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

Yeah, we know it too. We have lost like 9/10 games vs LAC because we can't stop Paul and Jordan/Griffin.

Spurs, we can handle better because we can neutralize Duncan and they have no Harden-stopper. But yeah, they play team ball better than we do.

12. i3artow i3aller

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  13. NateNate

NateNate Member

Bad thread. I tend to agree with him though

14. HTM

HTM Member

oh boo hoo we aren't "elite" at PG.... guess what? Most play-off teams aren't elite at every position ...

Rockets:

PG - Bev - not elite
    SG - Harden - elite
    SF - Ariza - closer to elite than not elite (one of the better SF in the league)
    PF - Dmo/Smith/Jones - elite
    Center - Howard - Elite

we're pretty damn lucky to have such a great team... get a grip and stop crying about a lack of a certain thing... people will always find something to cry about. jeez.

15. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

dont need a pg we need a good x's and 's offense. everything relies on harden

16. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

OMG lets play a game coming off the break. Shots will start falling. Nobody was crying at the beginning of the season.

17. NotChandlerParsons

DeAndre Jordan made 10 of 28 free throws last night. 2 elite teams demonstrating all the beauty and grace that is possible in basketball. Poetry in motion.

18. arabrocket

arabrocket Member

Wanna know the difference ??? both teams have better coaching staff and as bad as Doc River is, id'e take him over Mchale.

19. Remii

Remii Member

Stop exaggerating dude.

20. gogispade

gogispade Member

Oh man stop it. Now we got that spanish old dude, all our pg problems are solved