1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2.0]Cyberex, paging Cyberex...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Two Sandwiches, Feb 17, 2016.

1. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

This offseason hasn't been a favorable scenario

2. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I think these teams that accept these huge contracts and waive don't get enough in return. What would they get?? OKC's 2019 first round pick. I mean I guess that's good. A mid 20's pick is a mid 20's pick. But conversely the amount of money they'd be saving OKC, while also giving OKC a huge trade exception, is insane.... not to mention they then have to pay him/have his $28 million on the cap. Sure, there's a minimum payroll requirement, but I'd MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH rather entice a couple of European's over with 1 year, $10 million deals and see if they pan out than get a mid 20's pick.

Just my two cents.

3. 50/fifty

50/fifty Member

Idk why. Whether he's traded and waived, or bought out, or stretched, it doesn't have anything to do where he decides to play.

4. JW86

JW86 Member

You cannot be serious with this, those guys were non-contributors, far from key players. Please don't tell me you are comparing Ariza and Luc to those idiots.

Reeko likes this.
  5. cyberx

cyberx Member

I would say Miami has a real shot here as well. They can offer more PT. I would expect Houston to get him, but I also don't consider it a lock.

6. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM:eek: only kidding. its just Melo.

7. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Who are the Rockets targeting who will take the PT at the 3 and when are we trading for Otto Porter Jr?

8. PatBev

PatBev Member

Well we need somebody starting at the SF spot

9. joshuaao

joshuaao Member

Richardson, Winslow, Olynyk, and James Johnson all play the 3/4. I don't see more PT there for Melo unless they offload one of these guys.

I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to make a move for Richardson or Johnson if they are made available. Both are versatile on offense and +++ on defense.

Plus, James did this to Curry:

[​IMG]

10. thedreamsteam

thedreamsteam Member

[​IMG]

BigMaloe, DonKnock, megastahr and 3 others like this.
  11. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

Chemistry shot 0-12 in game 7.

12. PatBev

PatBev Member

[​IMG]

sammy and thedreamsteam like this.
  13. J.R.

J.R. Member

The Heat have reportedly been unable to find a trade market for Hassan Whiteside or Tyler Johnson this summer.
    Miami would like to get these guys off the books in order to open up cap space for free agency in 2019, but Whiteside's attitude and effort issues have diminished his value and Johnson has an unfavorable contract with roughly $38.4 million owed to him over the next two years. The Heat have also made Dion Waiters available, but his trade value isn't great either coming off two injury-riddled seasons. As of right now, it seems likely that all these guys will begin the 2018-19 season in Miami.
    - Miami Herald

14. aelliott

aelliott Contributing Member

Agreed. I was thinking about the situation where you trade away Anderson along with draft picks and create a trade exceptions. A TE has to be used in a trade so I tried to think of realistic options for trades. Johnson was the first name that came to mind. He's got a good size contract for a non-star on a non-contender.

He'd be a great fit here.

15. cyberx

cyberx Member

This roster needs more work, may have to trade EG to get some defense. Rockets so far are having a bad off season, but it isn't over yet. Have faith in DM !

16. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

17. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

It's almost like the Rockets should have paid the players they already had to play defense, while keeping EG

What a revalation

18. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

I'd be in for James Johnson.

19. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Ariza needs to be replaced at the end of the day. That's what it comes down to.

Melo and Ennis don't really get it totally done but it's fine heading into the season. Fingers crossed that we can at least get this done.

The Rockets won 65 games w Paul missing 30 games.

20. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

A little frustrating having guys willing to take paycuts on other contenders but not for us. The squad definitely take a huge step back defensively, which is very worrisome.