1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2.0]Cyberex, paging Cyberex...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Two Sandwiches, Feb 17, 2016.

1. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Huh? What SnT would work going back to Buckerooland?

2. Vivi

Vivi Member

This may be possible, i'm not sure how much minutes he would get here with Harden, Chris and Gordon around...it's also true that Harden and Gordon can play the 3 in different lineups etc but still...and like i said before i don't really know how we would be able to deal with his buyout and his contract with what we have left of the MLE.

Anderson and fillers/picks i guess. Bucks need shooting, not sure they feel like they need Anderson though, if they let Parker go they should still have some room to make minor moves like make an offer sheet to a stretch 4 like Bjelica...but you never know, maybe they have no interest in going after restricted free agents, maybe they don't want to sign longer deals for bench players, the fact that Anderson expires next year might help a bit...maybe, i guess in this scenario they would also get some minor asset so...again, you never know. They also need a center, but i don't see Capela being available in this scenario.

#5862 Vivi, Jun 30, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2018
  3. J.R.

J.R. Member

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/06/30/sports/nba-free-agency-lebron-james.html

• It has been hard to ignore the whispers steadily rising in volume for the past month that George, the All-Star forward, is strongly considering signing a two- or three-year deal to stay with the Oklahoma City Thunder.
    • The Houston Rockets, meanwhile, are widely expected to simply focus on re-signing their free agents Paul and Clint Capela in hopes of bringing back essentially the same team that fell just one win short of an N.B.A. finals berth. They’re scarcely even mentioned anymore as a potential James destination.
    • Only eight teams have the ability to create salary-cap space that exceeds the league’s estimated $8.6 million midlevel exception — and at least three of those teams (Atlanta, Chicago and Sacramento) are likely to use their cap space to try to facilitate trades and acquire future draft picks instead of chasing free agents.
    • The Warriors, for the record, continue to insist that they will not be pursuing Dwight Howard in free agency despite persistent rumblings to the contrary.
    • Just be sure to brace yourself for the possibility that it will be a summer light on landscape-changing business.

Vivi, Trackwell and BigMaloe like this.
  4. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

Bucks need someone to teach Greek guy how to understand the NBA game and not just rely on athleticism. I always thought they would come knocking if Gordon is available.

5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

The only potential "landscape-changing" move has already been passed up. There's nothing out there that would really change the fact that there are only 3 teams that matter in the NBA, the Rockets, the Warriors, and the Celtics.

Raisin, everyday eddie and Trackwell like this.
  6. Convictedstupid

Good info!

What’s the recovery process like for that ligament damage? Did he shoot better towards the end of the year?

7. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

Getting Parker for Anderson and a future 1st would be a steal for the Rockets. A Gordon for Parker trade could also work if the Rockets can get a suitable Gordon replacement with the taxpayer MLE.

Parker actually has developed a decent three point shot since coming into the league, shooting 37 and 38 percent the last two years, and he can fill it up. Defense is his weakness, though.

j@amc and D-rock like this.
  8. D-rock

D-rock Member

F Bazemore and the high horse he rode on. He doesn't have the length to guard Durant or the vet leadership required to replace Ariza.

Would rather sign KCP or Tyreke then trade for the snake Bazemore's crap contract.

Trade Ryno for Jabari or even Batum.

adw and Little Bit like this.
  9. HP3

HP3 Member

Unless you mean Aaron Gordon, then no way should we trade Eric Gordon for this guy.

Even if you mean Aaron Gordon....he would be so much better for us its not even funny.

malakas and Trackwell like this.
  10. DVauthrin

I stand corrected, the injury he suffered was a torn ligament in his non-shooting elbow, but it affected his shooting mechanics. My apologies for the inaccurate info. He opted to rest for about six weeks and return instead of having the equivalent of tommy john surgery that baseball pitchers often undergo.

He was terrible from three through the All Star Break (21% in November once he initially returned and 32% in both December and January), but then shot 38% from three in February, 41% in March, and 33% in April.

#5870 DVauthrin, Jun 30, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2018
    HakeemOnlyFan likes this.
  11. HP3

HP3 Member

I like Ryan Anderson for Batum though, doesnt sound too bad...

12. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Batum has a worse contract. You have to get an additional asset back

kwakmeister likes this.
  13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I honestly forgot Batum existed.

14. mockster

mockster Member

There trash players actually play minutes and can do many more things

Not only is Anderson a terrible contract he’s literally a moving rock that does nothing

With that said I hope we can trade him

15. Convictedstupid

Gotcha.

I agree he’d be better on the rockets than on the hornets but not 27mm better.

16. Sean Dr34ms

Sean Dr34ms Member

Jonathan Simmons another Magic filler would be nice.

mikol13 and lionaire like this.
  17. HTown_TMac

HTown_TMac Member

Damn, trade Anderson, and RECEIVE compensation.. hmmm

Crashlanded19 and BigShasta like this.
  18. zcarenow

zcarenow Member

How about DeMarre Carroll for Anderson? At least Carroll is playable in the playoffs. Better defender and his 3pt shooting coming around again.

lionaire and HP3 like this.
  19. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

I really think that we will be able to trade him for a good player on a bad contract with a single first rounder attached. Serge Ibaka is someone that I have in my mind. Toronto could use the spacing and the deal is only 2 years at this point. Send your 5 million cash allotment along if TOR requires it. It might just be in my mind but I feel like there is a big difference in RYNO at 2 year or at 3 years. Turning him into the 3rd-5th player on our roster and bringing our core back should be enough if we are healthy.

DD

20. DVauthrin

I agree that Batum isn’t 27 million better than Anderson, and his player option in 2020-2021 is the major stumbling block because of the repeater tax implications.

He’s one of a handful of players on bad contracts that are much better fits against Golden State than Ryan is. That’s all.

Plus, I’m trying to look at it from the other team’s perspective. Unless they think Ryan Anderson is actually better than the players they’d be sending here, the other team either will want to shed salary or get another asset from the Rockets. Like in the Anderson for Courtney Lee and Lance Thomas trade mentioned above. The salaries are all for two years, and about the same total amount, so the Knicks would have to think they could use Anderson more than Lee or Thomas. Considering they have Porzingis at center, I can’t see them thinking Anderson is a good fit.