1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2.0]Cyberex, paging Cyberex...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Two Sandwiches, Feb 17, 2016.

1. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

If father time is going to take out Lebron, why is Chris Paul being treated as a reason we are better?

Paul is better than Paul George, but he's also older and injury prone. Lebron may be older, but he's a rock of health.

In terms of simple basketball fit, the Lakers will also likely be assembled in a very complimentary way.

Vivi likes this.
  2. Reeko

Reeko Member

just because PG isn’t on CP3’s level doesn’t mean that the Lakers won’t be a 50+ win team with Bron and PG

I didn’t say they’d be better than us next season, but they will be good

vet free agents will want to go there...stars around the league will want to go there

we can’t sit here and dismiss their chances of obtaining a 3rd star while thinking that the Rockets might be able to do it by dangling trash picks and the likes of Ryno for salary matching purposes...our best asset in a trade is Ego while the Lakers have the likes of Ingram and Kuzma

Bron going to LA is not a good thing for us at all

3. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Playoff Lebron is better. Harden can lead his team to a 1 seed again next year. Lebron probably can't.

4. malakas

malakas Member

He's not.
    But CP3 is our second banana not our superstar that our team is built around and everything revolves around him.
    Furthermore Morey.

5. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Is it? Hmm...

Harden + Paul + cap hell yet the pursuit of LBJ is in the discussion.

6. Vivi

Vivi Member

Not sure, but anyway, playoff is what matters in the end so...

7. justtxyank

Lebron can't lead the Lakers to the #1 seed I agree, but in the playoffs the Lebron team would be killer if they assemble the right pieces.

Reeko, J Sizzle and rocketseagles07 like this.
  8. sammy

I didn't say they would win under 50 games. They would probably get the 3 seed and face GS in the second round. The Rockets are a regular season machine.. GS will probably play it safe like they did this past season.

@justtxyank I would bet big money the Lakers don't win a championship next season or the one after that. That puts Lebron at 36 going on 37 heading into the 2020-21 season.

Bobbythegreat and malakas like this.
  9. malakas

malakas Member

Playoffs where playoff P has been a complete dissapointment.

That is the best part for me. Time for PG to be exposed.

Richie_Rich and justtxyank like this.
  10. justtxyank

@sammy

Right, I agree. They aren't going to be better than the Warriors most likely. Even if Lebron comes here I'd favor the Warriors in a matchup.

11. malakas

malakas Member

Yup. Their window of contention will be only 2 years.

sammy likes this.
  12. sammy

Not depending on what goes out. If it's Anderson/Gordon, picks, fillers going out, Vegas would make Houston the favorites. Capela would be matched and we would absolutely destroy the league while winning 70 + games.

13. J.R.

J.R. Member

Nets expected to go after Capela (and/or Randle) per Stephen A.

SAS:

A couple of news tidbits for everybody, a couple of things I've been hearing over the last couple of days.

1) Expect the Brooklyn Nets, it's quite possible they may make an offer to Clint Capela. We thought it was gonna be the Phoenix Suns. They drafted DeAndre Ayton. They don't need Clint Capela the way they once did. Clint Capela was expecting a max offer from Phoenix. The likelihood is that's not going to happen. Houston is hoping for a hometown discount even though they'll have to pay that man. Brooklyn might look at a Clint Capela or Julius Randle, who's a RFA. ... Keep your eyes on Clint Capela & Julius Randle when it comes to Brooklyn.

2) I'm also being told Kawhi Leonard wants to go to LA. Would love to be the Lakers. I'm hearing he's not as enamored with idea of playing with LeBron as people believe.

#3713 J.R., Jun 27, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2018
    DonKnock likes this.
  14. sammy

I thought they were trying to get 2 max slots next year.

BigMaloe likes this.
  15. justtxyank

I don't care who Vegas favored. I'm sure we would win a ton of regular season games and cakewalk to the WCF.

In a matchup with the Warriors Capela would be limited again and we'd forced to do iso on Curry switches and it would all still come down to whether the outlet guys made the 3 point shots. The Warriors matchup is brutal because they can all shoot and they all move.

There's also a point that hasn't been made about the increased variance we created by slowing the game down instead of speeding it up.

Richie_Rich and YOLO like this.
  16. Chamillionaire

Of course they are . Would be a great fit too.

17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

More importantly, Harden can lead his team to wins against the Warriors in the playoffs, Lebron on the Lakers almost certainly can't.

18. Vivi

Vivi Member

I think George was fine in the playoffs, he played in an ugly ass enviroment (with Westbrock and Melo) against a top defense and still put up good enough numbers for me, he has been very good too for Indiana before he probably ****ed up with Hibbert etc...pretty sure he would be more efficient playing with Lebron anyway.

19. malakas

malakas Member

As far I know they don't have much capspace.

DonKnock, BigMaloe and justtxyank like this.
  20. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Yup. They have about 8 million if they renounce all of their FAs.

Stephen A don't know anything about salary cap.

jch1911, DonKnock, BigMaloe and 2 others like this.