1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

1st Game Knee Jerk Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by 1Deep, Oct 17, 2018.

1. HP3

HP3 Member

I think this might literally be one of the worst days in Houston sports.

2. macan

macan Member

every other good team won their game last night except us..*** *** *** ***!

hakeem94 likes this.
  3. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

yeah, he killed it in his debut for clippers

HP3 likes this.
  4. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

whats the deal with cp3 shooting airballs?

5. 1Deep

1Deep Member

Anyone else notice how old & slow we seemed to look?

This is a young man's game & we got old fast.

daywalker02 likes this.
  6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Him, Hardn and Thicc made the most 3s though.

7. Papa John

Papa John Member

This is the one knee jerk that sorta scares me because it feels true.

We are going to need chriss and hartenstein against teams like new orleans. Swiss bank, tucker ,ennis , cp3 not is enough on defense.

8. Newlin

Newlin Member

Blow it up now. Why wait until game two?

Mainly I blame Kieth Jones for this loss.

Invisible Fan and RasaqBoi like this.
  9. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Was gonna say the exact same thing. Reminds me exactly of the 2015 opener against the Nuggets. Just a baffling, bad performance. Looks like the spirit is off within the whole team.

Also, the new players are no excuse to have a defensive drop off. Maybe slightly but you can have a top 10 defense based on scheme alone. We too many good individual defenders (Capela, Tucker, Paul) in the starting lineup to get burned that badly to start the game. Which means the coaching staff looks lost on that end after losing Biglydick.

10. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

I blame Capela’s hair. He’s been trash since WCF. Got paid n stopped trying.

Know Your Role likes this.
  11. juanm34

juanm34 Member

We lost our legs...
    Blow it up!
    I’ve seen enough,Build around MCW.

12. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

I really hope this isn't 2015-16 all over again(with a little bit of Spring 2014 mixed in). Virtually the same team(Josh Smith was gone in 2015, Ariza and Luc are gone in 2018) and a key addition we thought would put us over the top(Lawson in 2015, Melo in 2018), only to see a lethargic, shockingly bad opening night blowout loss at home. Now I will say the Pelicans are infinitely better than the shorthanded tanking Nuggets of 2015, but giving up 131 points at home is still inexplicable.

The Spring 2014 similarity is the sudden departure of the team's top assistant coach. In 2014, we lost Kelvin Sampson and the players suddenly looked lost at times. This season, it was Bzdelik right before training camp and again the guys look lost out there defensively.

I really hope Bzdelik wasn't THIS important to the team's success last season(and to a lesser extent, the year before) and that the players aren't mentally and emotionally wiped out after the Game 7 loss. If there's one glimmer of hope I cling to, it's that the Warriors after acquiring Durant got absolutely annihilated on their home floor by the Spurs in their season opener. They quickly rebounded from that embarrassment to go 67-15 and nearly sweep their way through the postseason.

13. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

I didn't like MDA making excuses in the post game last night .

Last year he would've said "we didn't bring the force " which is true . Clint played small , Paul and Harden took a while to get going , Gordon couldn't buy a 3 and neither could Melo .

Let's hope that's as bad as we look this year , because I Dunno if I can take much worse .

14. yixiixiy

yixiixiy Member

I'm sure in the 82 games last year we had at least one game with tired a$$ / legs:

snowconeman22 likes this.
  15. Vivi

Vivi Member

This is want i don't get, there was a lot of talk in the past weeks about how hungry and not happy they are about how last season ended, and then they come out like they did last night...

16. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Maybe only playing Memphis and Shanghai during the preseason doesn't help us gauge how the team will look against an actual playoff squad.

17. Vivi

Vivi Member

You're probably right, after all we lost at home against the Pacers and they literally destroied Memphis yesterday.

18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

19. rkh-dog

rkh-dog Member

You can't shut down the Pels. One just hopes to keep it close in the 4th quarter to have a chance to pull off a victory. We will get'em next year.

Easy likes this.
  20. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Best post of the thread.