1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[1560] Brian Geltzeiler Podcast (1/19)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by durvasa, Jan 19, 2011.

1. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Brian Geltzeiler writes for www.hoopscritic.com.

<div> <object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" codebase="http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=6,0,0,0" width="210" height="25" id="mp3playerlightsmallv3" align="middle"> <param name="allowScriptAccess" value="sameDomain" /> <param name="movie" value="http://www.podbean.com/podcast-audio-video-blog-player/mp3playerlightsmallv3.swf?audioPath=http://thegame.podbean.com/mf/play/v2hnb/BrianG1-19.mp3&autoStart=no" /> <param name="quality" value="high" /><param name="bgcolor" value="#ffffff" /><param name="wmode" value="transparent" /> <embed src="http://www.podbean.com/podcast-audio-video-blog-player/mp3playerlightsmallv3.swf?audioPath=http://thegame.podbean.com/mf/play/v2hnb/BrianG1-19.mp3&autoStart=no" quality="high" width="210" height="25" name="mp3playerlightsmallv3" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" wmode="transparent" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" /></embed> </object> <br /><a style="font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 11px; font-weight: normal; padding-left: 41px; color: #2DA274; text-decoration: none; border-bottom: none;" href="http://www.podbean.com">Podcast Powered By Podbean</a> </div>

• He's convinced Carmelo will eventually sign with the Knicks. Walsh knows what he's doing, and he'll wait it out until the Nuggets except whatever they offer.
    • He really likes Patrick Patterson. Thinks he'll be a better player than Jordan Hill.
    • In terms of our targets, he says trade for Nash could happen. He says the Suns will be looking for financial relief, and the Rockets are well positioned to offer them that (Brooks + Yao's expiring contract). He thinks we can win 50 next year with Nash.

1 person likes this.
  2. BasketballReasons

BasketballReasons Contributing Member

Under Nash our Bigs would become beasts. Wide open baskets for Patterson and open dunks for mentally-slow Hill.

3. TheDude34

TheDude34 Member

I just don't see it. Phoenix would be foolish to trade Steve in-conference, and at the end of the day, I just don't think a 37-38 year old Steve Nash puts us in the contender category, let alone the 50 win category.

4. Raven

Raven Member

Wouldn't the Suns want to do the right thing by trading Nash to a contender?

5. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

wouldn't do brooks for nash

6. BasketballReasons

BasketballReasons Contributing Member

You look at Nash's stat-sheets and you see a guy constantly getting 10, 13, 15 assists every night. Man its been really a longtime since I haven't seen that in a Rockets boxscore!

7. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

But how long is that going to last? 2 years? Then Brooks will be borderline all star and you have a set of retired skeletons

8. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

If Nash doesnt make us a contender, then why wouldnt phoenix trade him to an in-conference team?

I was pushing for a Nash trade prior to Yao's injury. Now it just doesn't make sense, unless we're getting Gortat or another center somehow.

9. wakawakka

wakawakka Member

Nash won't agree to come to Houston unless it looks like a lot brighter situation than in Phoenix. Getting just Nash doesn't make our situation much brighter. Now, if we were able to get a legit defensive center along with him...I would be hella excited about this team again! Nash getting open looks for our guys, running the PnR with Scola...it would be really fun to watch if we had that big man anchoring the defense. I think we could probably make the playoffs this year and make some noise, while being serious contenders next year.

10. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

And what about Lowry as part of a deal for Nash? The suns get a younger pg than brooks, who'll be cheaper eventually, and provides more of a contrast to Dragic. The rockets get Nash who's got another 2, maybe 3 yrs left and will be the perfect mentor for Brooks' weakness. This could push brooks into all-star territory.

11. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You can't teach what Nash does. Brooks is what he is.

12. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

No one should expect Brooks to ever equal Nash's passing ability, but there's no doubt he'll learn and improve if Nash is his teamate and that's all Brooks really needs. If he could be nash and keep his own scoring ability, then he's basically a superstar and that's a reach. He just needs to be a solid enough passer to become an all-star.

13. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Fun. Nash would be fun. At least I could sit and watch some basketball once we unload all the heft for Nash instead of wondering what the hell is going to happen. I seriously cant even enjoy a game anymore with all of the uncertainty.

14. valorita

valorita Member

Our team as a collective is top 5 in assists. As long as everyone is sharing the ball, I don't care if no one averages double digits in any stat.
    TEAM STATS>INDIVIDUAL STATS

15. clos4life

clos4life Member

No to Nash simply because he is old. He is still playing at a very high rate but at that age you can simply lose all of your game suddenly. Age catches up with anyone and even Nash will fall to it eventually.

BTW, I also think 2Pat will be better than JHill.

16. davidxhz

davidxhz Member

yeah nash would be good, for only a couple years at most......

17. ABforPresident

I really, REALLY hope that was sarcastic...

18. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

Nice find. I like Nash, I think he would make everyone better, but I love what Lowry brings on both ends, not sure I'd want to take away time from him, yes even for Nash.