1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

15 years ago today...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 14, 2010.

1. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/yo4PY_FVK7A&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/yo4PY_FVK7A&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

2. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

I was at the game when Clyde and Tracy Murray walked in. That was awesome

3. Legend Killer

Legend Killer Contributing Member

15 years ago??? Damn, time flew by

4. thaidizzle

thaidizzle Member

Hakeem + Clyde, Go Coogs!

5. JPM0016

JPM0016 Contributing Member

I remember being an 11 year old kid calling into the Rockets/Jazz pregame show with Bill and Calvin asking "whether or not the Otis Thorpe for Clyde Drexler and Tracy Murray trade was a good trade". I wish i still had that video, what an idiot.

6. cson

cson Contributing Member

I was at the game where this was announced and Clyde walked into the summit to a standing O! Awesome VDay!

7. mike_lu

mike_lu Member

Al Harrington (expiring) + Jordan Hill (PF) for AI (SG). Philly wants young talent (Hill fits), Clutch's riddle is trading a PF (Hill fits) for a SG (AI fits), DM unlikely to trade our 'young PF' Landry, so gets Knicks involved in a 3-way trade. Rockets basically get AI + Jared Jefferies + 2012 1st round + right to swap 2011 1st round pick for Tmac + fillers, which is cheaper than an AI + Dalembert deal (and without needing to part with any of our core of AB, Lowry, Landry, Scola and Budinger) which may prevent us from resigning Lowry/Scola.

If deal gets through, we'd have two expirings in 2011 in Battier and Jefferies, totalling $14m and still be in the mkt to land a borderline star at the next trade deadline. But hard enough looking beyond the next two days, for now :)

8. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

Don't forget Tracy Murray.

9. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

espn classic right now, 1983 UH team vs louisville in tournament, before nc state gam

10. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Contributing Member

whatever did become of Marcelo Nicola???

11. methmouth

methmouth New Member

In the pic with Hakeem and Clyde hugging, who is that old guy wearing the Rockets cap and jacket?

12. DorianTurk

DorianTurk Member

^^^ that is the worlds best 50 year old back up center, Charles Jones :cool:

13. Secret Agent 7

Good times for all in Clutch City!

14. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

particularly ballsy, when you consider the rockets spent the years before OT's arrival looking for a true PF to slot beside Akeem, and the years after his departure looking for his replacement (Barkley, et al...).

i remember walton taking on the post-game wrap up after the rockets won game 4 how Horry was going to revolutionize the position...

#74 basso, Feb 17, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2010
  15. MONON

MONON Member

Several days before the trade, I heard Walton mention something about "Drexler might finish his career in Houston" on an afternoon ESPN show. I didn't get any other particlars. That night I called in to the Rox pregame show & asked Bill & Murph if they'd heard anything about. Bill said basically "that ain't gonna happen".They briefly discussed it & Murph ended the topic by saying "that would be nice though"!

Later on after I recovered from the shock of the trade being announced, I thought "up yours Worrell"! :grin:

16. MONON

MONON Member

Several days before the trade, I heard Walton mention something about "Drexler might finish his career in Houston" on an afternoon ESPN show. I didn't get any other particlars. That night I called in to the Rox pregame show & asked Bill & Murph if they'd heard anything about. Bill said basically "that ain't gonna happen".They briefly discussed it & Murph ended the topic by saying "that would be nice though"!

Later on after I recovered from the shock of the trade being announced, I thought "up yours Worrell"! :grin:

17. deadlybulb

deadlybulb Contributing Member

Actually, Kenny never had that nickname in his playing days. It was given to him after he joined the TNT broadcasting crew.

18. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

Had to bump this back up....

I knew you were trying to tell us something.... HA!!!!

#78 T_Man, Feb 18, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2010
  19. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

He was heralded as the next Scottie Pippen...