1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

15 games in do we still luv WB?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ThatBoyNick, Nov 24, 2019.

?

How are you feeling about Westbrook?

1. I'm very happy with WB, I believe we can wing a championship with him.

36 vote(s)
    16.2%
  2. WB is solid, not sure if we will win a ring, but WB helps

117 vote(s)
    52.7%
  3. WB is terrible, we will never win a ring with him, he needs to go

69 vote(s)
    31.1%
  1. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

Great wits are sure to madness near allied, and thin partitions do their bounds divide

2. JackLordsHair66

Great breakdown !! This is the Russ I want to see every night, he can be sooo effective playing his way and while I realize he may deviate on a night that Harden is off out of necessity, the Russ that’s been playing the last 4 games has been the Russ we probably ALL want to see !! I was harsh on him a few games back because he was frustrating as hell to watch since we know he can play smarter than that. It would appear someone got in his ear thankfully !!

pr0wler likes this.
  3. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

It's nice to have a fashionista on the team.

hakeem94 and malakas like this.
  4. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

He’s had a good 4 game stretch.

It’s killing me to see that he could still be WAY more effecient if he would just stop taking shots outside of the paint. Last night he was 3-9 shooting outside the paint.

Meaning he could have went 6 for 9 instead of 9 for 18.

I won’t be happy with Russ until he gets his TS% to 55 (league average, he’s currently at 50) and A/TO ratio 2-1.

I’m highly doubtful he can accomplish those averages for the season, but if MDA/Harden can convince him to change his game to stop shooting jumpers, to focus on passing without turning it over, to focus on boards and D, maybe we can pull it off.

hakeem94, pr0wler and larsv8 like this.
  5. pr0wler

pr0wler Member

I generally agree with this, but also don't expect him to try to drive to the rim literally every single time. It's taxing on the body.

I'm ok with him shooting wide open 3s off the catch, I think he can make enough of them to keep the defense honest and space the floor a bit.

But the general idea is good yeah, still a bit too many mid range shots which are stifling his efficiency. Would like to see him reduce his shot attempts even further but at the time time I feel like that's probably not gonna happen. At least he's headed in the right direction which is great.

6. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

you should pm morey

7. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I'm sure Morey knew all the flaws in WB's game by WB's junior year.

hakeem94 likes this.
  8. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

WB for Wall plus Davis Bertans rental.

You might not even need to include a pick.

9. icewill36

icewill36 Member

you guys are putting too much emphasis on what russell westbtook does. 9-18 is fine. we scored 130 points in regulation FFS

10. today

today Contributing Member

Well I've seen a few games now where Russ has performed admirably in the final minutes of games, including last night's game in Boston. Opening up the lane has done wonders for him... Really encouraging for the playoffs!