1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

$140?!? Sorry, Clutch you must....

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Tenchi, Mar 30, 2000.

1. Tenchi

Tenchi Contributing Member

College basketball is suck.

------------------
    We will ball.

2. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

have been smokin something. The Erwin Center Box Office sold returned $90 session passes from the schools at 9AM on Friday. If you tried but couldn't get one of those I still can't believe someone would pay that much to see three games of college basketball.

Speaking of the Erwin Center, something has to be done to make that facility more fan friendly. The seats have to be moved closer to the court. Oh well, UT is a football school.

------------------

3. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

U know what? UH athletics is suck. I know it hurts but don't try to trash me for speaking my mind. What was UH trying to do? UH athletics will never be like it once was. Back in the days UH was competitive in all sports but now times have changed. Year in and year out, UH may be able to compete in one sport or another but it will never be a dominant Division I power again. UH should understand its role as a small fish in the big sea. Stick to basketball Coogs.

Clyde Drexler left the program in worse shape than Alvin Brooks left it. There was a lot of hype and nothing to show for it. Sort of like the Barkley trade. Alot of these recruits came to UH to play for Clyde and without the Glyde some may transfer hurting the progress of the UH program. I think UH can be a power in college basketball.

Speaking of football, Mack Brown should have cancelled the game with the other UH. This year the Coogs play in Austin. Expect 83,000+ in attendance, double plus more than Robertson. Next year, the Horns play in Houston. If UH was smart, they would move the game to Rice Stadium to increase their revenue. Dana Dimel did the right thing by leaving Wyoming. He can recruit well in Texas and UH can be a force in Conference USA. This will be a big measuring stick for the Coogs who will get punched, kicked, slapped, and spit on by the more athletic Horns. Should be a lotta fun.

Dana Dimel must have been smokin something when he said UH has a chance. A chance to get an early exit from Austin. No way the Coogs will be on the same field with the Horns.

------------------
    Gimme the Rock

4. BrianKagy

BrianKagy Contributing Member

I don't see the shame in paying face value for tickets that the ticket brokers sold for $175 a pop. Truth be told, I committed to buy the tickets because I thought Ohio State had a chance to make the Regional.

Oops.

------------------
    Keep the Faith... Keep the Rockets.

[This message has been edited by BrianKagy (edited March 31, 2000).]